wtf is it coming too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf is it coming too?

when the goverment tries to silence a radio host because he is against there views.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21386016/

Im not a big fan of the guy, but I do know that he wasnt talking about the troops but the guy who faked his service.
    other things that i cant wrap my brain around are the people who signed critizise the millitary daily and now they want someone who didn't to pay up? and to who! Im just sad that this shows a person exspressing his belifs on radio not breaking the law or nufing, trying to be silenced by the goverment, who do they think they are?
    it's crazy i tell ya crazy
    어떻게 지내십니까?

It came to 4.2 million for charity. Rush has challenged the democrat signers of that letter to match his matching contribution of the 2.1 million dollar winnning bid.......so it may be more......but don't count on it.
    As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
    Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Louis .v. View Post
      when the goverment tries to silence a radio host because he is against there views.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21386016/

Im not a big fan of the guy, but I do know that he wasnt talking about the troops but the guy who faked his service.
      other things that i cant wrap my brain around are the people who signed critizise the millitary daily and now they want someone who didn't to pay up? and to who! Im just sad that this shows a person exspressing his belifs on radio not breaking the law or nufing, trying to be silenced by the goverment, who do they think they are?
      it's crazy i tell ya crazy
      The people that signed the letter are not the ones that are selling it... The letter was sent to the company that syndicates Rush Limbaugh's show. Between Rush and the company they decided to sell the letter on EBAY in order to raise money for charity..... Not sure what you meant with the part I underlined above.....
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

As a surprisingly great article in the last month or so of Time pointed out - politics today on both sides is primarily based on who can take the most offense on what some one on the other side said.
        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

I see this as an incredibly ingenious way to turn the tables on his detractors. Added to the challenge to match funds (do you think they will?) this is a pretty big PR victory for the fat man.
          Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

Has anyone heard of the "Fairness Doctrine"?
            It will give the gov't the ability to shut any radio host they don't like down. It will force all "talk radio" stations (who are predominantly conservative) to give equal time to opposing views...Since the liberal's radio stations/shows have all failed on their own merits it will force stations to carry liberal talk show hosts even though they will get very low ratings, and the stations will lose money. It will push conservatives off the air to make room for liberal "equal" time.

Comment

The fairness doctrine never stood a chance. Reagan vetoed it, and the supreme court will drive a stake into it's heart from the git-go. Plus if it's a guranteed low rating, networks will run it at 3:30am, between the thighmaster and flow bee home haricut system infomercials.
              Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

Originally posted by Arkane View Post
                The fairness doctrine never stood a chance. Reagan vetoed it, and the supreme court will drive a stake into it's heart from the git-go. Plus if it's a guranteed low rating, networks will run it at 3:30am, between the thighmaster and flow bee home haricut system infomercials.
                PLEASE, I AM BEGGING YOU!!!!!

Please change your avatar. The picture is making me sick. Or maybe you are Rush and it was your plan to make me sick.

Comment

Originally posted by medivac View Post
                  PLEASE, I AM BEGGING YOU!!!!!

Please change your avatar. The picture is making me sick. Or maybe you are Rush and it was your plan to make me sick.
                  LOL..intended effect for the Halloween Avatar contest! I'll change it just for you.
                  Last edited by Arkane; 22 Oct 07, 17:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkane View Post
                    LOL..intended effect for the Halloween Avatar contest! I'll change it just for you.
                    thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X