Pocket knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket knives

I admit that I'm quickly approaching the stage most collecters face where the wife says "it's either that or me". I just picked this baby up....so I'm really gonna miss her!

http://www.emersonknives.com/MiniCQC7BW.html

Look at how fast it comes out:

http://www.emersonknives.com/EK_Video_Vault.html
    Look at the CQC-7 demo...it's a bad boy!

Although it's bigger and heavier then I'd like I think have a new fav....What's your fav pocket knife?

Last edited by Crash; 17 Oct 07, 23:34.
    #occupyarmchairgeneral.
    Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
    Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Nice knife Crash, similiar to my Bali-Song which is my daily companion. Over the years I developed a way to sneak new aquisitions into the house, without the wife really noticing. I started a firearm collection, concentrating on, but not limited to in any way, WW2 weapons. I would visit the gun shows or shops and wait a few months to show it to the wife, but wouldn't mention it was new. She went from "Why do you need that gun?" to "Why do you need those guns?" to "Have I seen that one before?" After a while they lose all track of what you have in your collection and don't notice any new additions! (Oh I'm terrible!)
    "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

I have owned and enjoyed Old Hickory and Buck folding knives (three blade). The one I carry everywhere is my Swiss Army Penknife! Even better if I lose one I can get a new one for maybe $10. I also have a Buck hunting folding knife and a 30 something year old PUMA.

Just don't do what my nephew Butthead did once in detention class. A young "lady" was trying to carve her and her boyfriend's initials in a desktop. She exclaimed that a penknife could not cut "manure" and then asked if our gallant gentleman had a bigger one? Ever ready to aid a damsel in distress, he offered her his folding knife. Strangely enough the teacher came back in and asked where she had got the knife and she told him (no surprise!). He got a three day vacation and a lecture from me over only loaning knives at school to babes without boyfriends...

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Carried a Swiss Army of some kind or another since I was about 16...have to pack it away though when traveling...got no ambition to give some starry eyed security guard my good Swiss steel

per ardua ad a tra

Comment

I have a Swiss Army Knife, a couple of Leatherman tools and a locking blade Smith & Wesson (~2" blade).

I usually keep them either in our Jeeps or packed in our checked luggage when travelling.
          Last edited by The Doctor; 18 Oct 07, 14:25.
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I got one swiss army knife ( or two if I ever find the other one)
            Some bayonets ( M-96 Mauser , AK-47 and Mosin Nagant M1891)
            I also have some low quality pocket knifes.
            “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

I have a bunch of knives and swords. My favorite knife is my new style K Bar.

My exwife was like you Wustenfuchs. She would buy some cloths and hang it in the closet. I didn't see it until one day she would be wearing it. I would tell her how much I liked it and asked if it was new. Her answer was "No, I have had this for awhile." I believed her. I didn't find out the truth until she told me near the end of our marriage. It works very well. I am glad to see someone else do it.

Comment

Oh this is so totally a topic I can enjoy

To me, a pocket knife is something that goes IN a pocket of course, and can't have any real fighting use. It must have at least 4 functions to even get on the radar, and is not rated a multi tool unless if folds up somehow.

I took oodles of pictures of my collection some time ago, now I can't seem to find them (which is not amusing).
                But I currently own 19, and 1 is the swiss champ (something with every doodad Vitrinox puts on a swiss army knife). They retail at about 130 bucks.

But my personal challenge is to find multi tools that are neat or different in some new way from the others. My last find was a Gerber Clutch (it's a small size multi tool that retails at about 30 bucks). My largest pocket knife is a Carolina brass fitted folding lock blade (worth about 30 bucks).

It's become mostly a game for me. Each thursday the sales inserts for the newspapers come out. I like to see if Canadian Tire has a new item on sale. I have this rule in my collection, I have to be able to get it for half off or less in order to be able to buy it.

It's not that I don't like fix bladed knives, but, I own a razor sharp FNC1A1 bayonette. I can't fathom anything ever being better than it. Great for carving dinner too
                Life is change. Built models for decades.
                Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                  I have a Swiss Army Knife, a couple of Leatherman tools and a locking blade Smith & Wesson (~2" blade).

I usually keep them either in our Jeeps or packed in our checked luggage when travelling.
                  This is my usual ~2" carry when wearing a suit....Kershaw Silver Spur II....super light, stays sharp, looks sharp, and not noticable in the pocket.

#occupyarmchairgeneral.
                  Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
                  Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Love 'em

Throughout the year when I get a new contract, a raise, a promotion, or an award I celebrate with another knife or tool.

I normally rotate between a 2-1/2" and a 2-3/4" CRKT a 2-1/2" Smith & Wesson, and a 2-3/4" Gerber. For years I used to carry a Swiss Army Tinker but I have a lot of multi-tools now and they're stashed all over the place so it's rare I can't grab one when I need it.

My money clip is also a CRKT with 1-3/4" blade and I have two sets of micro-pliers that clip on a key ring.
                    Last edited by GCoyote; 18 Oct 07, 20:46.
                    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                      What's your fav pocket knife?
                      I don't carry knives.
                      I carry this.

Last edited by Slug; 18 Oct 07, 21:17.
                      "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Since I camp I have to say that I prefere John Waynes and Leathermen's as the best kinds. Although, ym dads Kabar does look interesting I can't say anytihng since i've never used it for anytihng
                        I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post

Hated Swiss. They were usually too daul for my needs and though had... lots of stuff in them, Leatherman asways out did em'/
                          I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
                            I don't carry knives.
                            I carry this.

Along with my P-38, I also pack one of these as an accessory.

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                              I admit that I'm quickly approaching the stage most collecters face where the wife says "it's either that or me". I just picked this baby up....so I'm really gonna miss her!

http://www.emersonknives.com/MiniCQC7BW.html

Look at how fast it comes out:

http://www.emersonknives.com/EK_Video_Vault.html
                              Look at the CQC-7 demo...it's a bad boy!

Although it's bigger and heavier then I'd like I think have a new fav....What's your fav pocket knife?
                              Hm... I don't need anything that fast. The fish isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X