Requested Ladder features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requested Ladder features

First, for those who don't know about it, I'm responsible for the ladders here at WarfareHQ - I write all the software (what already costed me the most of my holidays in the last 18 month...)

In the current member polls are two often requested features:

a) Automated ladder - won't be realized, at least not in the near future. My skills in CGI and online databases are not good enough for that.

b) Members stats, especially an overview of the reported games for a single member - I have already started to work on this some time ago, but because of some personal and job related issues... however, I already have a test page. Don't care about the layout, it's just to test the script. Click on one of the member names:

Andre

Scipio

Deadly88

Now I need your feedback:

a) Is the stats as shown in the example good enough, or

b) do you want a detailed stats page with more infos about the player (what in princip mean to show the same infos like we have them on the ladder page again, cause we don't collect more infos about our members)
    ... the simple overview of reported games is enough (can be realized relative fast)
    57.14%
    ... I prefer a page with all additional ladder infos (need much more time to develop)
    42.86%
    Last edited by Scipio; 26 Nov 02, 15:51.
    Resistance is futile!
    My little company

Pete, could you explain the poll a bit more? I'm not sure I fully understand what the choices mean. Thanks.
    Editor-in-Chief
    GameSquad.com

Comment

Not to flatter you, Scipio, I am very impressed by your work. The ladder system is wonderful ---- Thank you.

And also I think the example you showed us is more than enough, what else can you expect? (So I chose simple list of reported games)
      Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

A simple list of reported games is what I have always thought would be nice, so I voted for that.

But option two intrigues me. What exactly would this involve in terms of specific stats and info?
        ". . . those who win every battle are not really skillful--those who render other's armies helpless without fighting are the best of all." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Not to ask too much but I'd like to also see a page for the scenario. There you could see the results for each game reported for that scenario.
          "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Re: Requested Ladder features

Originally posted by Scipio
            b) do you want a detailed stats page with more infos about the player (what in princip mean to show the same infos like we have them on the ladder page again, cause we don't collect more infos about our members)
            (Not knowing anything about CM, I play TOAW)

I would like to see a "totals" line added at the top for a quick look at the players overall record. If that means like we have now on the TOAW ladder that would be fine.

Kerry
            "All that is gold does not glitter..."

Comment

Folks, I have revised the script a bit.

The solution is not beautiful, but simple to realize. I now extract simply the entries from the score ladder, the experience ladder & all reported games.

To test, please use the links from my initial messsage.
              What do you think about this?
              Resistance is futile!
              My little company

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X