Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name for new puppy

Hi guys,

My household is soon to acquire a new member, a 7-week old Jack Russell Terrier puppy. We are thinking about a name for the new pup and we've come up with a few that sound OK to us, but I'd like to ask for your suggestions.

We would prefer the name to be no longer than two syllables, and one that 'rolls off the tongue' clear and crisp, distinctive to the dog and to us. We'd prefer to avoid anything that's too common/obvious (like 'Jack' or 'Spot') or too stereotyped (like 'fido' or 'rover').

The name also needs to suit a small breed of dog and convey a sense of character. The puppy is predominantly white in colour, with dark brown on either side of the face and both ears, white down the centre of the face to a black nose. About 2/3 of the tail is also dark brown, with a small oval dark brown spot about 3/4 of the way down his back.

All three members of the household need to find the name acceptable; one 'no' vote amounts to a veto. This gives us a 'short list' to make the final choice from. After numerous 'eliminations' so far, this list has the following names still on it:

• Max
    • Otto
    • Ringo
    • Tommy
    We would have liked to keep 'Monty' and 'Oscar' on the list, but we have close relatives with dogs already using those names.
    If anyone thinks they might have an unusual/neat, appealing idea for a name, please let us know what you think.

Thanks for your time, guys

Best regards,
    panther3485
    Last edited by panther3485; 17 Oct 07, 08:50.
    "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
    Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Firefly!!! Great name for a Jack Russell and the Missus will have no idea it has anything to do with tanks
    Wolster

Comment

Or Ziggy, In honour of my old dog, sadly no longer with us
      Wolster

Comment

Actually, if he is a Jack Russell pup, just call him what you are going to call him most:

You little bastard!!!!
        Wolster

Comment

Wyatt

or

Virgil.
          Publisher
          Armchair General Magazine
          Weider History Group

Comment

Of your names I like Ringo.
            Publisher
            Armchair General Magazine
            Weider History Group

Comment

I like Max.......with a Jack Russell fireball your likely to have a "mad max" on your hands
              As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
              Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Mongo.

Comment

Panther

Comment

Gus.
                    "I am not an atomic playboy."
                    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Some good suggestions so far, guys. Thanks. I'm gonna hit the sack now (stayed up too late last night; trying to get an early one tonight). I'll have another look tomorrow, then I'll run all the names past my Wife and Son, to see what they think.
                      "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
                      Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

Originally posted by medivac View Post
                        Panther
                        I was thinking the same, however he did say the dog is small, So Hetzer or Stug works

Now to convince the family this is a good idea.
                        Winnie says
                        ---------------------------------
                        "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
                        Herr Flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolster View Post
                          Actually, if he is a Jack Russell pup, just call him what you are going to call him most:

You little bastard!!!!
                          I have a Jack Russel and let me tell you...Wolster is giving you a family friendly version of what you will be calling it.
                          They are extremely high maintainance dogs....Be forewarned.

Comment

However call it the most famous terrier of all.....SNOOPY

Comment

Nice

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                              I was thinking the same, however he did say the dog is small, So Hetzer or Stug works

Now to convince the family this is a good idea.
                              That is too funny. I think Sturmgesheitz (spelling) might be a little tough for the doggy.
                              I wanted to name my dog "Hoot" from Blackhawk Down, that is the character Eric Bana portrayed. I also tried, Ike, Patton and Rambo and still the wife would not budge.

Chad
                              "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X