Do you believe in miracles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe in miracles?

Me and Dolley just watched the movie called, Signs, and they talked about miracles. We debated about it.
    She got into this religious thing...
    Voices amplified mildly...
    I don't know...
    I think right now I believe in coincidences and miracles.
    Mel Gibson said something like some people believe in luck and coincidences.
    Others beleive in miracles.
    I want to believe in miracles without them being connected to God.
    I think I believe in miracles, luck, and coincidences.
    Can you believe in miracles and not God?
    mir·a·cle
    n. 1. An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God:

luck
    n. 1. The chance happening of fortunate or adverse events; fortune:

co·in·ci·dence
    n. 1. The state or fact of occupying the same relative position or area in space.
    2. A sequence of events that although accidental seems to have been planned or arranged.
    Last edited by Slug; 15 Oct 07, 23:02.
    "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

I don't see your poll Slug
    "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

Originally posted by Wustenfuchs View Post
      I don't see your poll Slug
      I know.
      I screwed up.
      Sorry.
      "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

I don't see the Poll, but my answers are as follows.

Yes I believe in Miracles, whether people see them as such or not.

Yes I believe in Luck, and think it is not universally distributed. However, I want to qualify this. I do believe in pure luck, but I think more often people make their own luck.

I also believe in coincidence. That is easy. It takes no faith to believe things just happen.

Comment

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

Comment

No.

Comment

Definitely. They don't have to be massive, mind blowing events but when things go your way when for all reasons they shouldn't, that's a miracle to me. The Lord's been watching out for me for quite some time now.
              If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

It is the greatest Olympic story to this day, and perhaps the most monumental upset in sports history. To this day, 25 years later, Al Michaels' voice still bring chills when he asks "Do You Believe in Miracles??" This website is a small tribute to Herb Brooks, Craig Patrick and the 20 young no-names who captured our hearts.

http://www.miracleonice.us/

Believe in miracles? Sure do when they're on ice.
                Islam... it's a blast - literally.

Comment

As I'm an active member of the LDS church and a believer in God, I do believe in miracles.
                  Sure, there's luck and also coincidence, but there're some things out there that just don't feat into any of the two. I don't think you can believe in miracles without believing in a god.
                  All warfare is based on deception.
                  Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

and the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I absolutely do! In fact, proof of miracles called me yesterday to ask a favor.
                      ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                      ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Hey the Falcon's got in a Super Bowl once. Nuff said.
                        "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
                        Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Four years ago I would have said no. After my son was born I would have to say yes.

At 5 months old he was diagnosed with a spinal lipoma/mylomengiecelle. Basically he had a special condition with both a tethered spinal cord and spina-bifida but since the spinal cord was not exposed it was not caught until well after his birth. It took 14 hours of surgery and when finished the top neurosurgeons at Children's Hospital in Knoxville said not to expect him to ever walk on his own. Well he does and he is a fast as any of the kids his age and with only a very slight light limp. Maybe they were only preparing us for the worst but most doctors I have ever met usually tend to be optimists.

As far as I am concerned its all about an individual's perception. Luck or a miracle, who really knows, but just in case God's listening, I'm sticking with a miracle.
                          [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Hey Mike, long time no see

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post

mir·a·cle
                              n. 1. An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God:
                              To me, the key word is appears. I believe the laws of nature are inextricably woven in with the spiritual laws that govern the universe. But man doesn't know everything about the laws of nature, and most people know next to nothing about the spiritual laws. So yeah, I believe in miracles: I believe things happen that appear inexplicable by what man so far knows of the laws of nature. But if we were able to see things from a higher view (something approaching omniscience), we'd see that the miracles are explicable after all.

luck
                              n. 1. The chance happening of fortunate or adverse events; fortune:

co·in·ci·dence
                              n. 1. The state or fact of occupying the same relative position or area in space.
                              2. A sequence of events that although accidental seems to have been planned or arranged.
                              I don't believe there's really any such thing as luck or coincidence, but of course there are many things that seem to be just luck or coincidence. Again, IMO it's due to man's ignorance. If we could see things from a higher perspective, we'd find that all is actually in perfect order; things happen just as they're meant to, in accord with the grand scheme of things which includes free will.
                              --Patrick Carroll

"Do all you have agreed to do, and do not encroach on other persons or their property." (Richard Maybury)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X