Webpage navigation update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webpage navigation update

This is just a head's up to let everyone know that there will be some changes within the next 48 hours to the way the webpage is setup. The changes are significant, but you should find this new system makes the webpage far easier to navigate and a lot less cluttered. The good part is that it is also fairly maintenance-free for the staff.

The webpage colors and graphics will remain the same, these changes should just make it a bit easier to get around. I'll post a message here prior to starting the update. You might see some strange effects until I get everything uploaded. It will probably take about 30-45 minutes to uplaod all the new pages.
    Editor-in-Chief
    GameSquad.com

Warning, I'll be working on updating the main Warfare HQ page for the next hour or so. You may want to stay away from there until I'm done. I hope everyone likes the changes.
    Editor-in-Chief
    GameSquad.com

Comment

ye.. I noticed ... it was like magic.. one minute earlier, it was still the old design. but just another minute when I surf back to hq, I first thougth I got into a wrong building!

it is NICE!
      Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

Okay, I'm 99% finished. Please let me know if you run into any bugs or problems and I'll squash them.

I know this design is very different, but it should be a lot less confusing than the nested set of multiple frames we had before. I am browsing through the whole webpage now and I'll be making a few more changes to further optimize this design. I hope you like the changes.
        Editor-in-Chief
        GameSquad.com

Comment

I like the job you did. It is more clearer and more attractive like this. I've clicked on quite a few links and so far everything looks OK.

Comment

Good job, this is much better. Who does the graphics for this site? Very nice work.
            "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Okay, I understand that some people who were running in a very low resolution were having difficulty getting the top frame to display correctly. Buy a new computer! Just kidding. There is now a link at the bottom of both the "Home" page and also the "News" page which allow you to switch into a low resolution mode. That should clear up the problem. If you're running in a resolution lower than 800x600 then I don't think there is much more I can do.

I will also be adding some links to the ladder pages to make them easier to surf. Continue to give me feedback about the new design. You should find that it cuts the amount of mouse clicks involved to get from point A to point B by at least half.

Thanks to all the folks who emailed me about the graphics. Yes I did those myself and I hope you like them.
              Editor-in-Chief
              GameSquad.com

Comment

time for praise, the new design is great, every link I tried out worked and the graphics are and have always been a feast for the eyes !!

Maddog

keep up the good work
                "you come from nothing,
                you go to nothing,
                what have you lost?
                nothing!"
                Monty Python

Comment

Would it be possible to save the high/lowres perferance with a cookie so we only have to specify it once and would subsequently be forwarded to the page of our choice automatically?
                  "Lord... forgive me my actions, speech and thoughts. Because, Lord, I am seriously going to kick some unrighteous ass in Your Name, Amen."
                  Princess of Wands by John Ringo (Jan 2006)

http://www.baen.com/chapters/W200601...9232.htm?blurb

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X