No announcement yet.

Packers Won! Yay! Beat Redskins, 17-14!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers Won! Yay! Beat Redskins, 17-14!

What a game...

To me, Packers on offense played a very sloppy game, Favre was intercepted twice when he went deep on his passes. I guess from on, McCarthy is going to say to Favre, "I told you so! No more deep passes from on now!" Sigh. Favre's days are really behind him. However, I think he can pass up to no more than 20 yards, he still can put on a lot of zip on his passes. The running game went nowhere, though Wynn scored a touchdown early on. I don't think we can keep blaming the lack of running game on stingy defenses we've been facing. We even ran for 121 yards against Bears.

I think Packers runningbacks are too slow to slip in between gaps, cutting back, then accelerating in a different direction, and things like that. I think Packers need to spend their first pick on a more complete set running back than Brandon Jackson is next year. Of course, that's just my opinion.

However, Packers on defense played a beautiful game! Woodson, Kampan, and others keep coming up with big plays. Woodson scored a touchdown after picking up the fumble ball and running with it. Kampan sacked Campbell twice, I think. Pickett is immobile in the middle of line, double-teamed that allows linebackers to get to Campbell. I think AJ Hawk is a bit slow, failed to covert Cooley adequately, and I expect the defense coordinator to chew Hawk out. Barnett did a good job, but I think the real key linebacker was Poppinga, he made some big plays, stopped a 4 and 1 play. Unfortunately for all defense's brilliance, Packers still haven't learned how to convert turnovers into points on a consistent basis so far this season.

In all, I think Packers were lucky to get away with the win. Hopefully Packers will improve on the running game if they can get Jackson back in. I also hope Franks is okay, and I saw Wynn cradling his hand, but nonetheless, he played. Packers still have a lot of room to improve, and I'm happy to see Packers going 5-1 this year.

Go Packers!

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

You forgot the interception that Campbell threw also
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
      You forgot the interception that Campbell threw also
      Thanks, I remember that one! I just hope Packers can keep winning, not slipping away as soon they finish their bye week. Packers will play New England Pats later this season, I think in 16th week, so it will be interesting to see if both teams can stay at top of their respective divisions. If both teams are by that time 14-1, oh boy...it will be one big game to watch!

Dan
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Well done to the "Pack" for the win. The Raiders on the other hand got stuffed by San Diego Char...... actually no by Ladainian Tomlinson!!. He is one brilliant Running Back. San Diego would be mediocre without him. Anyway I hope the Raiders can do the job next week against Kansas City.
        "The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."- General Heinz Guderian

"Oakland Raiders: Committed to Excellence"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X