Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Gore joins Yasir Arafat and Jimmy Carter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Gore joins Yasir Arafat and Jimmy Carter...

Former Vice President Al Gore and the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change won the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize Friday for their efforts to spread awareness of man-made climate change and lay the foundations for counteracting it...LINK
    Note to the Gorebots: This is the Nobel *PEACE* Prize. It has nothing to do with science.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

This is toooo rich!

The Nobel Peace Prize committee has made some good choices, and some really bad ones.

Last year's choice of Muhammad Yunus was a very good one. Mother Theresa was another good choice. But we all know that the committee made mistakes like Yaseer Arafat and Jimmy Carter.

Even some newspapers of the left are scratching their heads and wondering what exactly Gore had done for world peace.
    Last edited by Ogukuo72; 12 Oct 07, 11:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
      This is toooo rich!

The Nobel Peace Prize committee has made some good choices, and some really bad ones. Even some newspapers of the left are scratching their heads and wondering what exactly Gore had done for world peace.
      What did Al Gore do for world peace? He lost the 2000 election...
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
        What did Al Gore do for world peace? He lost the 2000 election...
        Hmm ... I thought he won it.
        --Patrick Carroll

"Do all you have agreed to do, and do not encroach on other persons or their property." (Richard Maybury)

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Carroll View Post
          You thought wrong...

Comment

I think Gore should run for President again, on an environmentalist anti-global warming platform. At least then, we can see a real debate on this issue, instead of the steady drip-drip of biased reporting from the media. Perhaps we can finally see just how much the American public buy into this.

We will also see just what kind of medicine he is proposing - and just how much the American people are willing to pay for the Gorean vision.

Finally, I hope Al Gore will run, and that he will clinch the Democrat nomination, because this could well be the only way the Republicans can beat Hillary Clinton! ;P

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Carroll View Post
              Yeah!

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
              You thought wrong...
              It all depends on who you talk to, and what you want to believe.
              The powers that be, supposedly followed the rules of our country, and knowing that a person can't always get what they want, we have to accept it, and move on...
              The rest, is history.
              "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
                Even some newspapers of the left are scratching their heads and wondering what exactly Gore had done for world peace.
                You know, that's a good point.

Here is what the committee gave as the reason for Gore and the IPCC being awarded the prize:

for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change

Now here is what Alfred Nobel's will specified for the recipient of the award:

to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between the nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses

Hm....
                "I am not an atomic playboy."
                Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
                  You know, that's a good point.

Here is what the committee gave as the reason for Gore and the IPCC being awarded the prize:

Now here is what Alfred Nobel's will specified for the recipient of the award:

Hm....
                  That's a realy head scratcher indeed. Awards like these will lower the award's prestige.

Comment

I suppose this means that we are at war with Mother Nature and he has brokered a deal?

Given the amount of war we have going on right now someone who really made strides toward peace would have been good.

Let us assume that he is right about everything he says, wouldn't he still have had to achieve progress beyond the information stage in order for it to be award worthy? I mean, I provide information on this forum about the VN war so much that people are sick of me and wish I would shut up. Where is my award?

No wait, I just got another dingleberry. Never mind

And again, I agree. This should be under science. But my guess is there was too much competition under the science category for them to even notice Gore, whereas not much is happening on the peace front right now so this way they can use the award that otherwise might go unused this time

Why not? He can hang it on the wall of his Memphis mansion and shine a compact fluorescent spot light on it.

What ever happened to environmentalists like the former governor of California, Jerry Brown, who took it seriously and got rid of the governor's limo and drove his Chevy to work? Didn't they call him Moon Beam? I need environmentalists who practice what they preach, not buy carbon offsets from themselves to justify consumption on levels most of us can't even dream of.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
                      I suppose this means that we are at war with Mother Nature and he has brokered a deal?

Given the amount of war we have going on right now someone who really made strides toward peace would have been good.

Let us assume that he is right about everything he says, wouldn't he still have had to achieve progress beyond the information stage in order for it to be award worthy? I mean, I provide information on this forum about the VN war so much that people are sick of me and wish I would shut up. Where is my award?

No wait, I just got another dingleberry. Never mind

And again, I agree. This should be under science. But my guess is there was too much competition under the science category for them to even notice Gore, whereas not much is happening on the peace front right now so this way they can use the award that otherwise might go unused this time

Why not? He can hang it on the wall of his Memphis mansion and shine a compact fluorescent spot light on it.

What ever happened to environmentalists like the former governor of California, Jerry Brown, who took it seriously and got rid of the governor's limo and drove his Chevy to work? Didn't they call him Moon Beam? I need environmentalists who practice what they preach, not buy carbon offsets from themselves to justify consumption on levels most of us can't even dream of.
                      Strangely enough, Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown is now the Attourney General of California and he does indeed talk the talk and walk the walk.
                      "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

This one was a shocker for me. They missed the mark on this one!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X