Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pirateship's Horror Movie Quiz Challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirateship's Horror Movie Quiz Challenge!

Who can best my horror movie knowledge!

1. Which actor in Stephen King's movie Pet Sematary also starred in the TV show The Munsters?

2. The Midwich Cuckoos was the original book title for this movie adaptation.

3. What was the first zombie movie ever made? Hint - it wasn't Night of the Living Dead.

4. In Freddy vs. Jason two horror icons square off in a battle to the death. What was the first horror movie face-off ever done?

5. Which monster movie features Howie Mandell as a high strung monster under the bed?

6. Famous b-movie director Ed Wood had this movie lampooned by Mystery Science Theater 3000.

7. Which made-for-TV Stephen King movie features villians that look rather conspicuously like they might have been inspired by the video game Pac Man?

8. What was the last movie to feature Bela Lugosi before his death?

9. In the TV show Tales From the Crypt the opening credits feature a walkthrough of the cryptkeeper's house. Which of the following items do not appear during the tour: a spellbook, a statue, a tire swing, or a skeleton?

10. In a Halloween episode of The Simpsons Lisa finds the cookbook of some seemingly hospitable aliens with the title of How to Cook Humans. What was the actual title once the dust blew off?

Bonus Question: What was Brian's costume in the Halloween episode of Alf?
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

1. Fred Gwynne
    2. Don't know
    3. some cheesy old flick i bet like plan 9 from outer space
    4. Just a guess here Abbot & Costello meet the monster"
    5. with fred savage, can't remember the title tho
    6. see #3 answer?
    7. the langoleers?
    8. see #3 again?
    9. a tire swing
    10. don't know

Ugh don't know the bonus one either, oh well it was fun!
    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

1. Which actor in Stephen King's movie Pet Sematary also starred in the TV show The Munsters?
      Fred Gwynn...."sometimes....dead is better"
      The Village of the Damned.....it was made twice too
      3. What was the first zombie movie ever made? Hint - it wasn't Night of the Living Dead.
      Not sure on this one but a stab in the dark....The Zombies of Moro Tao?
      4. In Freddy vs. Jason two horror icons square off in a battle to the death. What was the first horror movie face-off ever done?
      No clue here...sure hope you don't say it's something goofy like The Mummy vs Frankenstein though.
      5. Which monster movie features Howie Mandell as a high strung monster under the bed?
      Little Monsters....very late 80's or very early 90's
      6. Famous b-movie director Ed Wood had this movie lampooned by Mystery Science Theater 3000.
      Bride of the Monster...yes i found MST3K amusing
      7. Which made-for-TV Stephen King movie features villians that look rather conspicuously like they might have been inspired by the video game Pac Man?
      The Langoliers...alot of my friends liked it but I was nearing the end of my Stephen King/Dean Koonz run at this time so maybe thats why I didn't care for this one...seemed like it wouldn't end.
      Plan 9 From Outer Space...came out after his death and another Ed Wood movie.
      9. In the TV show Tales From the Crypt the opening credits feature a walkthrough of the cryptkeeper's house. Which of the following items do not appear during the tour: a spellbook, a statue, a tire swing, or a skeleton?
      I remember the tire swing just after going through the gate, the crypt keeper himself is the skeleton, and I believe there was a statue just before going down into the crypt area itself so I am going with the spellbook cause I just can't recall seeing it.
      10. In a Halloween episode of The Simpsons Lisa finds the cookbook of some seemingly hospitable aliens with the title of How to Cook Humans. What was the actual title once the dust blew off?
      Ha, this just ran in syndication here a few days ago, It was "How to Cook For Forty Humans"...one of my favorite as you get James Earl Jones doing voices in all 3 sketches, the mover in Bad Dream House, Sarek in the questions Hungry of the Damned, and as the narrator on The Raven

Didn't the Tanner's say Brian was dressed as Alf when he crashed the Halloween party?
      Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

Originally posted by cst784 View Post
        Fred Gwynn...."sometimes....dead is better"
        The Village of the Damned.....it was made twice too
        Not sure on this one but a stab in the dark....The Zombies of Moro Tao?
        No clue here...sure hope you don't say it's something goofy like The Mummy vs Frankenstein though.
        Little Monsters....very late 80's or very early 90's
        Bride of the Monster...yes i found MST3K amusing
        The Langoliers...alot of my friends liked it but I was nearing the end of my Stephen King/Dean Koonz run at this time so maybe thats why I didn't care for this one...seemed like it wouldn't end.
        Plan 9 From Outer Space...came out after his death and another Ed Wood movie.
        I remember the tire swing just after going through the gate, the crypt keeper himself is the skeleton, and I believe there was a statue just before going down into the crypt area itself so I am going with the spellbook cause I just can't recall seeing it.
        Ha, this just ran in syndication here a few days ago, It was "How to Cook For Forty Humans"...one of my favorite as you get James Earl Jones doing voices in all 3 sketches, the mover in Bad Dream House, Sarek in the questions Hungry of the Damned, and as the narrator on The Raven

Didn't the Tanner's say Brian was dressed as Alf when he crashed the Halloween party?
        Damn Bill! You never gave me a chance! I would say that #4 was Frankenstein meets the Wolfman.
        "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

The Answers

Fred Gwynn

The Village of the Damned

King of the Zombies - Made in 1941

King Kong vs. Godzilla. This movie has alternate endings. In the American version King Kong wins. In the Japanese version Godzilla wins. Either way every building in the immediate vicinity of the brawl loses.

Little Monsters - I always throw in an '80s movie.

Bride of the Monster or The Sinister Urge

The Langoliers

Plan 9 From Outer Space

A spellbook.

How to Cook For Forty Humans

Brian was dressed as a pirate. Why else would I ask the question? Yarr!

Alf crashes the party but pretends he's wearing a costume and is a friend of Willy's.
          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X