Ghost Stories anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Stories anyone?

Keeping with the season, I thought I'd start this thread about ghosts and paranormal phenomena. Does anybody out there live in a haunted house like I do?.
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Not my house but the Fred Meyer's down the street from me is reportedly haunted.

"Auburn - Fred Meyer Shoe Department and Stock room - Many of the employees of the Fred Meyer in Auburn, WA, have experienced strange activities. They have heard boxes being thrown around while one employee was in the Apparel stock room, but no one else was there, and no mess was left behind. The stock room is connected to the shoe department, where people, employees and customers frequently have shoes thrown at them. While no one has seen an apparition, some events are too weird to be coincidental."

http://theshadowlands.net/places/washington.htm
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Not an actual haunting, but when we first moved into this house my son, then only three, started talking to an imaginary friend he called “Nopes”
      We would hear him talking to Nopes all the time as he played in the yard or in his room. One day we were painting my daughter’s room and my son began talking to Nopes as he walked down the hallway. I got curious and asked him who Nopes was and what does he look like?
      My son answered that Nopes was a worker man.
      When he said worker man, I questioned, “What do you mean a worker man?” We had always assumed that Nopes was his imaginary friend and that he would be a kid like our son.
      My son answered, as if I was silly for asking, he said, ”You know, he’s the worker man, not the boss.” And that’s all he said about that. My son has always seemed wise for his age, one of those kids that seem far older than their life. But one day this was more apparent when my son asked me if in his next life would he come back with blonde hair again? I asked, “What do you mean in your next life.” He answered me, again as if I were silly, “ You know, when I die and get another life.” As if reincarnation was a matter of fact. And another day he asked for a certain toy and when I told him there was no such toy as the one he was asking for he shrugged his shoulders and said, “Maybe when I live again they’ll make them.”
      I never talked to my three year old son about reincarnation; I still don’t know where he got the idea of living again. And I still don’t know exactly who Nopes was.
      Like I said, not exactly a haunting but kind of strange and a little creepy.

Comment

I'm living in a multi residential location building, that is actually a structure remodelled from a building that was once for a long time a seniors home. Now I don't know about ghosts, and I don't really believe in the whole ghosts deal in the first place.

But my kitchen cupboards are always open for some reason. And no one in the family admits to leaving them open. Not really spooky though.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

OK, you have to picture a flashlight held under the chin of my avatar, because this is going to be scary. Ready?

Once, not long ago, in a thread not far from this very spot, there was a theory on the success of a cross-channel nautical invasion plan, that refused to die...
          ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
          ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
            OK, you have to picture a flashlight held under the chin of my avatar, because this is going to be scary. Ready?

Once, not long ago, in a thread not far from this very spot, there was a theory on the success of a cross-channel nautical invasion plan, that refused to die...
            You better not......
            If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

True one: When my father was still alive he had a small aprtment near the studio he worked for. The gentleman that had occupied that apartment prior to him had died after falling off of a ladder in the kitchen. ALthough not malicious, several peculiar things had a habit of happening:

1. The medicine door cabinet would frequently be left open (it had a hook and loop hasp on it)
              2. The recliner in the living room (which had been left in the apartment) would be open frequently upon our return. Even after I had specifically checked it prior to leaving.
              3. My fathers' girlfriends' dog would absolutely NOT come into that apartment, even though he was an indoor dog and hated being outdoors. He would sit at the door and whine, cry, and try and pull away.
              4. The landlord had hear noises one time while we were gone and went in to investigate. He claimed to have watched a folding chair fold up and fall over. Oddly, the landlord (a gentleman of Japanese descent) had stated the old man had hated him due to the fellow being a WWII POW in the Pacific. Subsequently he NEVER entered that apartment again.

Now I'm not a big believer in the supernatural, but I saw everyone of these instances happen (with the exception of the landlord thing). Maybe not a ghost, but definately something going on in that place.
              Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

While this isn't a ghost story it is Halloween related. I went to a party to celebrate the day waaaaay back during the undergraduate years and had a tour de force with a young lass in the family cemetary behind the house she and her husband were renting.

I've never been in any place I consider to be haunted but I do think that on two occassions I've seen things that were supernatural. Once was as a young boy about age 7 or 8. When I had my tonsils out I would swear that a demon of some sort appeared in a puff of smoke and sat on a utility line outside the window in my hospital room.

I also had/dreamed a visit from my Baba at the time she passed.
                If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
                  Yes, but it never got past Occam's Razor... (granted he was English).
                  Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
                  (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

How about some ghost pics.
                    Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by mike brown View Post

How about some ghost pics.
                      While a number of the pics have been proven to be fakes, a number of others have been subjected to professional testing and the examiners are at a loss as to explain the picture's nature or source.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                        While a number of the pics have been proven to be fakes, a number of others have been subjected to professional testing and the examiners are at a loss as to explain the picture's nature or source.
                        I personally am not at a point where I would make a firm statement that I deny that "spooks" by what ever term you wish to call them couldn't exist. At the same time I don't see convincing proof they do. Makes for interesting conversation though.
                        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

My Ghost Story

Apologies if I told this story a few years ago.

In the early '80s as many of you know the US Army helmet was still steel and had the same outline as the WWII helmet. We still had jeeps too and they had that classic jeep silhouette. My tank battalion was out on the last few days of a REFORGER exercise in West Germany. It was sunset and I was on a wooded hill waiting for a staff meeting.

One of the company commanders pulled up in his jeep, the driver's GI helmet silhouetted against the fading sky. The captain got out and I asked if he'd had trouble finding the place. He said, "We'd have been here sooner but the woods are full of Germans."

For a few heartbeats the half of his face l could see looked like someone had just walked across his grave. The breath caught in my throat and a chill ran the length of my spine. The only sound was heavy armor rolling on the road below and for those few moments in the darkening woods, it was 1944 again.
                          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Most historical re-enactors that I know, have at least one good ghost story to tell, given the many battle sites that we regularly visit, be it French and Indian War, Revolutionary War, Civil War, or whatever. One site that always brings alot of agreement about is Fort Niagra, New York. The post has been occupied since the late 1600's and has seen and participated in three wars, the French and Indian War, the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812.

An old pal of mine, who is a combat decorated Vietnam War vet and a re-enactor, told me of the time that his Revolutionary War unit spent a long weekend at Fort Niagra during the late-Fall, early-Winter off-season. It had been arranged with the Fort's Staff that his group would remain in "First Person" for their entire stay at the fort, completely in uniform, cooking, acting and conducting themselves as if the Fort were still an active military post.

His squad had to put on an actual night-time, 18th Century Guard Mount, complete with full uniform, musket, a shrouded candle guard lamp and everything that an 18th Century Soldier would need to insure the safety of the post.

When it was his turn to walk the perimeter of the fort, a major storm had blown in off Lake Ontario with huge breakers and sleet blowing over the fort's seawall. After his second turn around the fort, he thought to himself. "Why in the hell am I doing all of this foolishness, when I could go into the old French Castle and get out of this lousy weather until it's time for me to be relieved? So saying, he walked into the blacked-out, three story castle and took a seat in the otherwise empty main building.

Sitting around the fire, years later, he took a long pull out of his beer mug, looked me dead in the eye and said. "You know, within five minutes, I was back outside in the cold and wet, letting the storm and sleet hit me in the face while I walked my guard mount.

I asked. "What the hell happened?" He said. "You wouldn't believe the things that you hear in that building when you're by yourself and there's a full gale howling outside. It's pitch black, with only the candle light of your single guard lamp providing any illumination. All I know was, that I wasn't alone in there. Besides the usual creaking and groaning noises of the building from the storm, I was hearing people talking faintly, sometimes laughing, far-off, somewhere, maybe up on the third level. All I know is, I grabbed my stuff and went back outside into that sleet storm until I was finally relieved.

Comment

When I was a kind growing up in Poland there was a story that I found chilling. There was a huge rock or a boulder at countryside crossroads that would freak people and farm animals out. Some people claimed to hear threatening voices coming from under the boulder and claimed there were demons under it. Horses would rear and run wild whenever they walked by the rock. This went on for years. Eventually a local Roman Catholic diocese dispatched a bishop who performed some kind of an exorcism. A stonemason bored a hole in the rock and planet a simple iron cross in the hole. As the story goes, that was the end of the paranormal phenomena. The mystery of the rock was never explained.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                              --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X