Baseball Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Playoffs

Anybody else's favorite team make it in? Mine did.

GO TRIBE!! CRUSH THE YANKEES!!
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

My Pirates, for the 15th year in a row never had a chance. I'll go with the other homestate boys, the Phillies.

Second choice Red Sox. To quote the Broadway smash,
    Damn Yankees...NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
      My Pirates, for the 15th year in a row never had a chance. I'll go with the other homestate boys, the Phillies.

Second choice Red Sox. To quote the Broadway smash,
      Damn Yankees...NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Well then, you have to root for the Indians in the first round. I know that's hard for a Pittsburgh fan, but the Indians and Pirates don't play each other all that much, so it's not like rooting for the Browns. Or a Cleveland fan rooting for the Squealers.

And to tell you true, I don't really know who I'd root for between the Pirates and Indians. I grew up going to Pirate games with my grandfather and saw the Family years firsthand. But I also went to Tribe games and since they're winning again, I'm going with them. Cleveland needs a champion is something!

Comment

Originally posted by revans View Post
        Anybody else's favorite team make it in? Mine did.

GO TRIBE!! CRUSH THE YANKEES!!
        Didn't the Indians try to take the Yankees back in the 1800? Browns and now the Indians. Sure got to hand it to you Bob You sure know how to back losers

HP
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I can't believe the Brewers didn't get in.

**** Cubs
          "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
            Didn't the Indians try to take the Yankees back in the 1800? Browns and now the Indians. Sure got to hand it to you Bob You sure know how to back losers

HP
            What can I say? I'm a glutton for punishment. Either that or I'm extremely loyal to my favorite teams and to my friends. Yeah, that last bit sounds better than the first. And to add to it, yes, I back the Cavaliers. Another long-time loser who is starting to show signs of life. After all, we do have LeBron.

And in hockey, the Penguins. Also starting to come back to life. Pro sports are actually enjoyable around here again.

Comment

What can I say? I'm a glutton for punishment. Either that or I'm extremely loyal to my favorite teams and to my friends. Yeah, that last bit sounds better than the first. And to add to it, yes, I back the Cavaliers. Another long-time loser who is starting to show signs of life. After all, we do have LeBron.

And in hockey, the Penguins. Also starting to come back to life. Pro sports are actually enjoyable around here again.
              Penguins.???? but arn't they from a real City, with a real football team!!! Were's my towel and Joe Green
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Cleveland doesn't have a hockey team. Not in the NHL anyway.

Comment

They still play hockey? I thought that stuff died with the Cold War

As always, my Mariners "threw the bit" coming down the stretch, so I'm actually free to offer my services as a surrogate fan. I must warn you though, betweeen the Seahawks and the M's, I'm not actually considered "good luck". Perhaps someone could offer me a job rooting for their opponet, otherwise "ROCKIES" To the "Play In" and beyond!!!!
                  My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

This is the year my beloved Cubbies break the curse!!!

(said while crossing fingers, caressing a rabbits foot and sacrificing a virgin)
                    Texas, where we have the death penalty and aren't afraid to use it!

Comment

Originally posted by RangerBooBoo View Post

(said while crossing fingers, caressing a rabbits foot and sacrificing a virgin)
                      I cede the issue to you, Sir. You have been suffering for much longer than I as far as baseball goes. Hang in there and keep the faith.

Comment

Cleveland doesn't have a hockey team. Not in the NHL anyway.
                        Don't feel too bad there buddy, you could be in my boat. I live in a major city that has a team that dates back to the "Original Six". Sadly enough over the last 10 yrs it is safe to say they don't even rise to the level of an NHL any longer. That's why until they show a sign of breathing once again I will continue to go to the AHL team in town. Go Chicago Wolves!!!!!!!!!!
                        Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

Originally posted by RangerBooBoo View Post

Is it wrong to live in Chicago and want to see the Colorado Rockies not only beat San Diego tonight but win the World Series this year?
                          Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

I'll give you all this one little hint....

Second choice: Anyone playing the Yankees!

Comment

Well then, you have to root for the Indians in the first round. I know that's hard for a Pittsburgh fan, but the Indians and Pirates don't play each other all that much, so it's not like rooting for the Browns. Or a Cleveland fan rooting for the Squealers.

And to tell you true, I don't really know who I'd root for between the Pirates and Indians. I grew up going to Pirate games with my grandfather and saw the Family years firsthand. But I also went to Tribe games and since they're winning again, I'm going with them. Cleveland needs a champion is something!
                              It really isn't difficult to root for the Indians. There is absolutely no real rivalry for baseball and I know very few people who let the real football bitterness carry over either.

I just like the Red Sox. That is mainly due to the allure of Fenway Park I suppose. I've felt that way since I was a kid.
                              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Today, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Today, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Today, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X