Chessmaster for president?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chessmaster for president?

Looks like Gary Kasparov is going for the title.

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=1525
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

I hope he wins.

Comment

I watched something on 60 minutes I think. Kasparov has long opposed his administration's actions and isn't afraid to say it.
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Real opposition is a rare thing in Russia. Kasparov has no chances here - it looks as PR action for me. What is its aim? Some people in Russia prone to see "hand of the West" in it.

Comment

If he had a remote chance of winning he'd already be dead.
          #occupyarmchairgeneral.
          Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
          Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Apart politic situation even if Russia had real democratic election IMO Kasparov's presidency would be impossible anyway because of traditional antisemitism of major part of electorate.

Comment

Now if Bobby Fischer could run for president in the US!!!! LOL
              "The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."- General Heinz Guderian

"Oakland Raiders: Committed to Excellence"

Comment

And then there's the homeless guy hoping to become a chessmaster:
                http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071011...s_071011050233
                --Patrick Carroll

"Do all you have agreed to do, and do not encroach on other persons or their property." (Richard Maybury)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X