Thread titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread titles

I think if I had to say anything about the forums, it would be thread titles are often confusing.

I often spend a long time trying to make sure my own titles are as clear as possible. I've seen some here though, it looks like the person typed it with their eyes closed
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Originally posted by Paul Maud'dib View Post
    I think if I had to say anything about the forums, it would be thread titles are often confusing.

I often spend a long time trying to make sure my own titles are as clear as possible. I've seen some here though, it looks like the person typed it with their eyes closed
    Don't judge a book by it's cover my friend, there could be some people here who have difficulty typing, spelling etc... due to a disability, learning problems or any other form of illness!
    The Internet could be an outlet for those who have problems adjusting in the real world, they manage in meeting and being social with people in here.
    We should be subtle in our remarks to such "mistakes" they may make here and give the respect we all expect ourselves.
    Just a thought eh.

Peace.
    Last edited by Achtung Baby; 27 Sep 07, 07:32.
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
    Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by achtung baby View Post
      Don't judge a book by it's cover my friend, there could be some people here who have difficulty typing, spelling etc... due to a disability, learning problems or any other form of illness!
      The Internet could be an outlet for those who have problems adjusting in the real world, they manage in meeting and being social with people in here.
      We should be subtle in our remarks to such "mistakes" they may make here and give the respect we all expect ourselves.
      Just a thought eh.

Peace.
      While true, I think that does not apply to at least 90% of the forum users.

We're just lazy. And unimaginative.
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by achtung baby View Post
        Peace.
        Also, command of English might be a problem for some. There are Americans here too

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
          Also, command of English might be a problem for some. There are Americans here too
          ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
          ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Some are deliberately opaque . . .

Some posters don't want to give too much away in the title. It could be a mere teaser at the beginning of long and glorious thread.

Good Example

BAD Example [acutally the idea wasn't that bad, it just went pieces during the course of the discourse]
            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Maybe I should have had my thread

Answer a Question with a Question

with the name

The Question Game
              "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Well, of course they are. We are confused people. Besides, titles are generated to catch the eye and attract other members, not to impart any sort of useful information!
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I agree with you to some extent. I often skip threads if the titles are nonsensical.
                  It also amuses me when John Doe post a news article about sumfink like 'pilot flies plane backwards for 24 hours!' and use the same title or something very close to it. However, Joe Dough posted this same news article hours earlier but used a title, "Dudes, check out this awesome news!!!" Then Joe will bitch/complain/gloat in John's thread that he was the first to post this news article! LOL
                  All your ACG posts are belong to us!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X