Oatmeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oatmeal

I eat a lot of oatmeal. Like, a lot. Like breakfast and lunch most weekdays.

We usually buy the bulk variety pack. This pack includes several packets of the bland "plain" flavored oatmeal. (This is like "plain" yogurt, for those who have had that. Blah.) Usually these plain packets just hang around in the box until we're out of everything else. Then we give them to the kids.

Anyway, every so often for lunch, I will change it up a bit and have 1 1/2 packages of ramen noodles instead of oatmeal. The "half" packet gets split into two, and I don't use the extra ramen flavor packet. I have a handful of them in my desk at work.

You may see where this is going.

Today for breakfast, I had beef flavored oatmeal. It was astounding.

Tomorrow... chicken.
    "I am not an atomic playboy."
    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

ROFL

Well, I am not going to try it, but it is a great idea.

Comment

Oatmeal has fiber. Fiber helps regularity. You must have a system with the precision of a Swiss watch!
      1. Even if you could make something idiot proof they would just go out and build a better idiot.
      2. The road to hell is paved by a hard working asphalt crew of meddlesome legislators.

Comment

I buy steel cut oatmeal. It takes about 20 - 30 minutes to prepare but tastes great. Now that the weather is cooling off it will be on my weekend menu. I get up at 6 during the week so anything that takes more than a couple of minutes is out.
        "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by w john spurrell View Post
          I buy steel cut oatmeal. It takes about 20 - 30 minutes to prepare but tastes great. Now that the weather is cooling off it will be on my weekend menu. I get up at 6 during the week so anything that takes more than a couple of minutes is out.
          Oatmeal is an outstanding breakfast cereal! There are endless ways of preparing it and it really sticks with you for hours afterwards. If you make mine with some raisens, dark brown sugar and a good splash of milk, I'll be a happy camper..
          "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Actually I consider Quaker Oats flavoured instant oatmeal a snack food

It comes in several flavours packaged to make a modest bowl portion just add hot water and poof something different for a change. Predictably I like it more in the cold season but I like enough to eat it whenever.

Eventually even real snack food gets boring.
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

That sounds like a "field" modification to me, I will keep it in mind.

I love the Oatmeal too, but for the life of me a can't seem to make scratch stuff like Mom makes without screwing it up, is there trick I'm missing. Mom, of course just laughs at me, and says if I give you the secret, you won't come home for it, (A common retort to requests for Mom's recipes.)
              Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
              Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
              David Bowie

Comment

I avoid oatmeal at all costs.
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-Me View Post
                  Oatmeal has fiber. Fiber helps regularity. You must have a system with the precision of a Swiss watch!
                  Indeed. These pipes are clean.

Also, I must share that the chicken oatmeal this morning was just as tasty and enjoyable as the beef one was. I am now on sort of a quest to find other interesting "mixers" for the plain oatmeal.
                  "I am not an atomic playboy."
                  Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
                    I avoid oatmeal at all costs.
                    Me too , I only even tried it a couple of times. I can't seem to want any
                    if eggs, ham, sausage, toast or any kind of cereal is around instead.
                    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Oatmeal is just too oatmealy for me, but I'll take an oatmeal stout anytime!
                      "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

Originally posted by Wustenfuchs View Post
                        Oatmeal is just too oatmealy for me, but I'll take an oatmeal stout anytime!
                        See there? You've got the best of both worlds, both as a breakfast cereal and as an intoxicant!
                        "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X