We need a convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a convention

I think it's time we have an ArmChairGeneral convention so we can all get together. I've decided that the coolest place to have this convention would be none other than Antarctica. That's right, where else can you go swimming with the penguins? Also, Antarctica is a great spot for barbeques, and we can have the convention when Antartica gets constant sunlight, so we can all hang out at the pool and work on our tans.
    Also, you've never had the world's greatest cuisine, until you eat food from Antarctica. I don't know about the rest of you, but I only eat at Antarctica cuisine restaurants in my neighborhood. I also see many people like beer here. No place brews colder tastier beer than Antarctica.
    For our good friends from Australia, there is premium quality waves for surfing, and for our good friends from Canada, the people of Antarctica take their Curling more serious than Canadians.
    I also thought since we have so many people from foreing countries that we could have team competitions. We could have Team USA, Team Canada, Team Great Britain, Team Australia, Team Leichtenstein, Team Luxemborg, Team Guatamala, etc. etc. We could have a snow angel competition to see who could make the best snow angel, a snowball fight competition, an ice cream making competition, and much more fun events.
    I'll be checking on airfare and hotel packages, but I did see a three hour cruise to Antarctica from some people named Skipper, Mr. and Mrs. Howell, Ginger, Mary Ann, the Professor and Gilligan advertised. They seem to have the best rates I've found so far.

"Get three coffins ready" The Man With No Name

All good and valid points there Sgt. Rock. The only drawback is I believe that Antarctica is also the sea lion capital of the world, and you are going to lose half the members interest right there.
    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
      sea lion.
      OK, I have got to ask. What is the referance to sea lion I see everywhere all about???

Comment

Originally posted by medivac View Post
        OK, I have got to ask. What is the referance to sea lion I see everywhere all about???
        Sorry, it is now officially a "Don't ask don't tell" policy.
        ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
          Sorry, it is now officially a "Don't ask don't tell" policy.

Comment

we could have it in Rochester NY they have a nice convetion center. We could have it like a Gun/Gaming conivtion with war gaming tourys, prizes, anitigue war stuff etc,

what do you think?
            "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
            "

Comment

I don't trust 'em penguins. Always scheming for world conquest 'em bastards.
              Wisdom is personal

Comment

Yeah, I have been kind of in the dark about that one myself. I get the impression there was some spririted debate over this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
                  I think it's time we have an ArmChairGeneral convention so we can all get together. I've decided that the coolest place to have this convention would be none other than Antarctica. That's right, where else can you go swimming with the penguins?
                  Did you see that show march of the Penguins? That was so terribly sad! I had to stop watching. Poor things. Count me out. I cannot see those poor penguins go through that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                    I don't trust 'em penguins. Always scheming for world conquest 'em bastards.
                    Karri, I've already planned for that. Bruce Wayne will be MC for the convention, and The Penguin and his gang, definatly won't want to mess with us. Boy Wonder will also be there doing security.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
                      Yeah, I have been kind of in the dark about that one myself. I get the impression there was some spririted debate over this.
                      Spirited? Yes that fits the description. Debate? That's a little iffier. If you really don't know, go to the WW2 forum and under Battles and Campaigns, look for Operation Sealion. See you in about a year! It's closed now and thank God for that.
                      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=38099

But seriously... don't go there.
                        "I am not an atomic playboy."
                        Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
                          we could have it in Rochester NY they have a nice convetion center. We could have it like a Gun/Gaming conivtion with war gaming tourys, prizes, anitigue war stuff etc,

what do you think?

I think it would be pretty cool to have everyone get together for a convention. Getting everyone together from around the world at a convenient time though, would probably be the biggest obstacle. We could all do potluck and bring a dish, and that way we could save on food costs though.

Comment

Originally posted by revans View Post
                            If you really don't know, go to the WW2 forum and under Battles and Campaigns, look for Operation Sealion. See you in about a year! It's closed now and thank God for that.
                            I really don't know anything more than what I have inferred from the comments people make. WWII is not my war and I rarely venture over there. As far as Sealion goes I think I can keep it that way

Comment

Meanwhile, on the other side of the glacier!

ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X