Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eagle Has Landed

OK, I'm actually starting a thread.

I have the honor to announce the birth of Brady Christopher (Holenbeck) Jolley. The 17th Generation of Jan Casper (Hallenbeck) to be born in North America. JCH filed an "Indian Deed" in New Amsterdam 1653. Mom and Dad are doing great. I know this is totally inappropriate for the forum, but several of you knew that the "warning order" for the little guy was given a few days ago.

For the younger posters, this day will come to you sooner than you could ever believe. I'm 57, but don't believe it. All my life, guys like that are OLD, and in my mind, I'm still around 35.

For those of you with a bit more age, trust me, there is a great deal more life after the "empty nest". Stay with it, kids will combat you through the teenage years, stay true to your ideals. When they emerge as competent, educated, prepared 20+ year olds, you will establish a different bond that is life endearing. And then the world begins to make sense to you and them again.

For those of you that are interested in the early history of the U.S. I provide his pedigree. (Link below of pre Rev. War History) The spellings are different, but then, as you know spelling was not generalized until much later, and the line is well documented. His 14 GGrandfather was quite a radical.. Brady's line has fought in every conflict including GW I.

May his life be one of peace. But let him not forget those that have gone before.

http://members.aol.com/rdkone/LandRioters.html
    Last edited by holly6; 25 Sep 07, 02:18.
    My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Originally posted by holly6 View Post

I have the honor to announce the birth of Brady Christopher (Holenbeck) Jolley. The 17th Generation of Jan Casper (Hallenbeck) to be born in North America. JCH filed an "Indian Deed" in New Amsterdam 1653. Mom and Dad are doing great. I know this is totally inappropriate for the forum, but several of you knew that the "warning order" for the little guy was given a few days ago.

For the younger posters, this day will come to you sooner than you could ever believe. I'm 57, but don't believe it. All my life, guys like that are OLD, and in my mind, I'm still around 35.

For those of you with a bit more age, trust me, there is a great deal more life after the "empty nest". Stay with it, kids will combat you through the teenage years, stay true to your ideals. When they emerge as competent, educated, prepared 20+ year olds, you will establish a different bond that is life endearing. And then the world begins to make sense to you and them again.

For those of you that are interested in the early history of the U.S. I provide his pedigree. The spellings are different, but then, as you know spelling was not generalized until much later, and the line is well documented. His 14 GGrandfather was quite a radical.. Brady's line has fought in every conflict including GW I.

May his life be one of peace. But let him not forget those that have gone before.

Pass my congratulations onto the mother for a job well done!

And pass on my 'Ohhhs' and 'Awwwes' as well, please.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!

Wolster

Comment

There is absolutely nothing inappropriate about this thread! We try to keep up with each other as best we can. So....

CONGRATULATIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
          There is absolutely nothing inappropriate about this thread! We try to keep up with each other as best we can. So....

CONGRATULATIONS!
          Best wishes to both you and your fine family!!
          "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

OY! Outstanding news on a healthy nipper!

Glad to hear mom and pop are doing fine too!

If you're already in the market for an alma mater you could do worse than
            THE ROCK!

Here is a little help finding it.......http://www.sru.edu/

Regards,
            Dennis
            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Good to hear Hal! So glad Mom and Little guy are doing well. I will however miss your nervous PM progress reports.

Peace and joy my friend.
              ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
              ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Congrats!
                "I am not an atomic playboy."
                Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Congratulations to the mom and dad
                  "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Lets see some photos when you get them!
                    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Congratulations!!

It is also nice to see another genealogist on these forums.

Comment

Congratulations! Good news indeed.
                        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Thanks guys. Little dude went home today to his "Seahawk" nursery. Pics might take a few days, seems the Mother took umbrage to the two Grandads deciding on a nickname. "Bait" didn't go over very well. Who would have thought new Moms could be so emotional?

Best part, she can't really yell at us 'cause we're the Grampa's. You might say a little prayer for husband Chris though.

I'll post the pics as soon as she allows us near the camera again.
                          My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post

For those of you that are interested in the early history of the U.S. I provide his pedigree. (Link below of pre Rev. War History) The spellings are different, but then, as you know spelling was not generalized until much later, and the line is well documented. His 14 GGrandfather was quite a radical.. Brady's line has fought in every conflict including GW I.

Even though I have no personal wish to marry or carry on with my family name.............CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This is such good news...

It's hard to say anything that has not already been said, I'm sure, Hal!

Biscuit's right... in this community, family is a big thing, & it means alot to so many of us.

Such things are the stuff that transcend our differences & surprise so many when confronted with the genuine expressions of happiness & joy (as well, sometimes even sadness & heartbreak) from not only those with which we agree & relate so well, but also those that often seem on the opposite end of our own sensibilities & views on life in the world.

Another one joins the human fold & one citizen here is rightly filled to overflowing with pride & new love... May this child indeed come to know the true depths of all sentiments, emotions & pride now overwhelming his family. Especially that of his grand-pappy... our good & humble friend indeed!

A Heart Felt Congratulations, Hal!

Life is good at times like these!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X