Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. snipers accused of 'baiting' Iraqis

Linky
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Snipers baiting targets is nothing new. If an adult is picking up detonation cords or other potential explosive components, then in my opinion, that qualifies them for the cross hairs.
    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Well I'm not saying what they were/are doing is wrong or immoral, but if I was
      walking around there I would probably pick up whatever is there and check it
      out thoroughly. I guess I would be . Curiosity killed the dgfred.
      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

This exact same thread is already in the Gulf Wars forum. Do we really need two of these?
        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

A good rule of thumb is "if you didn't drop it, don't pick it up."
          On the other hand, IMO picking up is not enough to be classified as an insurgent/terrorist.
          Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
            A good rule of thumb is "if you didn't drop it, don't pick it up."
            On the other hand, IMO picking up is not enough to be classified as an insurgent/terrorist.
            Normally, I would agree with your other hand, but in that time and place I think it is a fair assumption that any adult picking up such items is either planning to use them, or passing them to some one who will.
            ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Comment

"Argh! Which idiot left those weapons out here where the kids play? Better let the police know but let me hide them first so that nobody picks them up or blows himself up in the meantime...".

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
                Normally, I would agree with your other hand, but in that time and place I think it is a fair assumption that any adult picking up such items is either planning to use them, or passing them to some one who will.
                Yeah...however that does not make him an enemy combatant. He picks up that stuff he's still a civilian.
                Wisdom is personal

Comment

Yeah...however that does not make him an enemy combatant. He picks up that stuff he's still a civilian.
                  AH the crux of the problem, they are fighting in a land where the enemy refuses to wear a uniform. It's very unnerving when every face you look at might be the enemy!! So far I think, given this problem, the troops over there have behaved with great restraint.
                  Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
                  Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
                  David Bowie

Comment

Originally posted by PzKfwBob View Post
                    AH the crux of the problem, they are fighting in a land where the enemy refuses to wear a uniform. It's very unnerving when every face you look at might be the enemy!! So far I think, given this problem, the troops over there have behaved with great restraint.
                    A sad but undeniable truth. I don't envy those kids over there.
                    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Comment

Living in a war zone, one would know better. And so would the sniper. It is not all black and white.
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X