What are you all eating this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you all eating this weekend?

Today, I cooked a bunch of chicken thighs in a basket in the rotisserie, along with fried onion potatoes and fresh corn. Tomorrow, I will be slow-smoking some pork ribs on the smoker for most of the day, before enkindling a direct, charcoal fire to allow the flames to kiss the meat a bit, before slathering on the barbecue sauce. We'll also be having homemade macaroni and cheese, cornbread and streamed broccoli. What are you all eating this weekend?
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
    Today, I cooked a bunch of chicken thighs in a basket in the rotisserie, along with fried onion potatoes and fresh corn. Tomorrow, I will be slow-smoking some pork ribs on the smoker for most of the day, before enkindling a direct, charcoal fire to allow the flames to kiss the meat a bit, before slathering on the barbecue sauce. We'll also be having homemade macaroni and cheese, cornbread and streamed broccoli. What are you all eating this weekend?
    Can I come to your house for dinner! Please, please, oh pretty please? lol, I actually have no idea what Sunday dinner will be, today we had chile verde (Mexican style pork slow cooked in a green tomatillo "chile verde" sauce) with beans and rice.
    "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

What are you all eating this weekend?
      Wustenfuchs said it's raining in northern california right now.
      To me, that's beefy barbecue weather.
      I'm going to pass on it though this weekend.
      We have some mild precipitation here in southern california at the moment and you couple that with frigid temperatures that may dip into the low 60s at night, it could damage my hair.
      So instead, I'm dining inside.
      I will be consuming not necessarily in this order...
      • baloney
      • spam
      • coffee
      • tea
      • hot chicken strips
      • Planter's mixed nuts
      • American cheese
      • pizza
      • centrum silver multiple vitamins
      • green olives
      • pepperoncinis
      • See's Molassis Chips
      • garlic bread
      • anything I come across while foraging like my ancestors.
      "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
        Wustenfuchs said it's raining in northern california right now.
        To me, that's beefy barbecue weather.
        I'm going to pass on it though this weekend.
        We have some mild precipitation here in southern california at the moment and you couple that with frigid temperatures that may dip into the low 60s at night, it could damage my hair.
        So instead, I'm dining inside.
        I will be consuming not necessarily in this order...
        • baloney
        • spam
        • coffee
        • tea
        • hot chicken strips
        • Planter's mixed nuts
        • American cheese
        • pizza
        • centrum silver multiple vitamins
        • green olives
        • pepperoncinis
        • See's Molassis Chips
        • garlic bread
        • anything I come across while foraging like my ancestors.
        So, where may I ask, will you be sleeping tonight? That mixed melange of foods will undoubtedly produce some incredible, earth-shattering, curtain-fluttering, gaseous emmisions throughout the entire night. For Humanity's sake, you'd better issue Dolley a gas mask!.

Comment

So, where may I ask, will you be sleeping tonight? That mixed melange of foods will undoubtedly produce some incredible, earth-shattering, curtain-fluttering, gaseous emmisions throughout the entire night. For Humanity's sake, you'd better issue Dolley a gas mask!.
          I'm opting out of the consumption of carbonated beverages this evening.
          Ballistically, that would have provided the required propellant.
          Dolley can stand down...
          "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Wustenfuchs View Post
            Can I come to your house for dinner! Please, please, oh pretty please? lol, I actually have no idea what Sunday dinner will be, today we had chile verde (Mexican style pork slow cooked in a green tomatillo "chile verde" sauce) with beans and rice.
            Come on over bro! The more the merrier!. Actually, my son's and I will be holding an impromptu wake for the emminent British beer writer, author and historian, Michael Jackson who passed away earlier this month. While the food is smoking and cooking, we'll be watching all of his "Beer Hunter" tapes on the VCR and toasting his memory with whatever Oktoberfest Marzen Beers that I can purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
              I'm opting out of the consumption of carbonated beverages this evening.
              Ballistically, that would have provided the required propellant.
              Dolley can stand down...
              Yes, but can you....?

Comment

Come on over bro! The more the merrier!. Actually, my son's and I will be holding an impromptu wake for the emminent British beer writer, author and historian, Michael Jackson who passed away earlier this month. While the food is smoking and cooking, we'll be watching all of his "Beer Hunter" tapes on the VCR and toasting his memory with whatever Oktoberfest Marzen Beers that I can purchase.
                I didn't hear the news about Michael Jackson (the Real Michael Jackson!). Please raise a round for me in Michael's memory.
                --Bill
                "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

Hiya John. Did some chicken thighs myself this fine Saturday.
                  I practiced trimming them up for competitions tonight. I need to keep working on the skin and color.

The wife whipped up a carmel apple crisp we'll probably cook at the gathering of Eggheads in Atlanta this year.

The wife made and I cooked some ABTs too. Gave them a little maple syrup drizzle at the end.

It was a good day. Long bike ride with the family on the bike trails earlier. Some cooking during which my daughter told me "You make good bbq, I wish you was a cook in a bbq restaurant". Of course I had to take her out to get a "High School Musical 2" cd that she has been bugging me for.....the little HSM Nazis wiped out the posters.....I'm gonna have to track on down for her though
                  Last edited by dhuffjr; 22 Sep 07, 23:10.
                  As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
                  Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Wustenfuchs View Post
                    I didn't hear the news about Michael Jackson (the Real Michael Jackson!). Please raise a round for me in Michael's memory.
                    --Bill
                    You betcha'! He was a fine gentleman who largely brought about the "Beer Rennaissance" around the world completely by himself. We Americans would have no idea of what "REAL ALE" is, had Jackson not written about this fine, British nectar, himself. Many styles of beer, other than lager were largely forgotten in the US after prohibition. Jackson brought them all back to the forefront, along with the aid of countless, faceless homebrewers, of which I am a member.

Comment

Originally posted by dhuffjr View Post
                      Hiya John. Did some chicken thighs myself this fine Saturday.

I practiced trimming them up for competitions tonight. I need to keep working on the skin and color.

The wife whipped up a carmel apple crisp we'll probably cook at the gathering of Eggheads in Atlanta this year.

The wife made and I cooked some ABTs too. Gave them a little maple syrup drizzle at the end.

It was a good day. Long bike ride with the family on the bike trails earlier. Some cooking during which my daughter told me "You make good bbq, I wish you was a cook in a bbq restaurant". Of course I had to take her out to get a "High School Musical 2" cd that she has been bugging me for.....the little HSM Nazis wiped out the posters.....I'm gonna have to track on down for her though
                      How marvelous!! Good for you! Your chicken thighs look alot better than mine did and that apple crisp looks and undoubtedly tastes outstanding too! Tomorrow is the true test though. I will be slow-smoking country ribs with lots of maple and pear wood for the aromatic smoke. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Comment

How marvelous!! Good for you! Your chicken thighs look alot better than mine did and that apple crisp looks and undoubtedly tastes outstanding too! Tomorrow is the true test though. I will be slow-smoking country ribs with lots of maple and pear wood for the aromatic smoke. I'll let you know how it turns out.
                        I've got a bag of maple....I should have used some on the ABTs. Pear I don't have. I'm gonna see if I can find some peach wood soon.

H
                        As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
                        Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Pierogis with potatoes and cheese made by mom. I put lots of thick sour cream on them. Also, mom made me my chicken soup because I recovering from the flu.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                          --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                            Pierogis with potatoes and cheese made by mom. I put lots of thick sour cream on them. Also, mom made me my chicken soup because I recovering from the flu.
                            mmmmmmmm peirogis....................
                            Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Those pics are pure torture.
                              I went to a civil war reenactment for a while today looking for some black powder stuff.
                              I stoppet at a chinese eat-til-you-die joint this PM and now snacking on some trail-mix.
                              Home-made mac n cheese is food for the gods.
                              Gonna BBQ somethin' tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X