I Am Convinced I Have Found A New Species of FLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am Convinced I Have Found A New Species of FLY

And these suckers are Aggressive, Mean & Really Hard to Kill.

I have even stepped on one, and the suckers still live.

They fly as a fly would be expected to fly.

They have this long slender body, in 3 parts actually.

It seems they are somewhat armored as well.

I can't hear any noise that they make however.

I wish I could find a picture of one and show it to you guys, in the hopes of identifying it.

I swear i have hit one with a fly swatter more than 15 times repeatedly and the sucker will just keep on fluttering it's wings and want to attack me.

Hmmmmm, I wonder if I can get one into my scanner?

You sure it ain't one of these that somehow escaped from a lab or a container from Asia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_giant_hornet

Welcome to America.

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
      You sure it ain't one of these that somehow escaped from a lab or a container from Asia?
      Trust me, if I saw something that big in my house, I would be running down the street screaming bloody murder.

Damn, That's Big.

I guess not everything is bigger as they say in TEXAS.

Comment

If it has three segments to it's body, it ain't no fly! If it is trying to take you on, it might be a wasp of some kind.

It wouldn't surprise me if you have found a new wasp, I discover a new species of wasp every summer in Missouri. We even have red ones! I advise you to gas that sucker with Raid.

If it has stung you but the sting didn't hurt too bad it might be a mud dauber. Those wasps aren't too big, only a bit larger than a fly and they do have a long slender body, and their stings don't pack the high powered, feel like you've been shot wallop of a yellowjacket or hornet sting. They just burn a little.

If it looks anything like this, it's a mud dauber (it doesn't have to be black and white, I've seen brown ones and black ones as well). Don't worry, image is NOT to scale.

Last edited by Pirateship1982; 20 Sep 07, 10:52.
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by pirateship1982 View Post
          If it has three segments to it's body, it ain't no fly! If it is trying to take you on, it might be a wasp of some kind.

It wouldn't surprise me if you have found a new wasp, I discover a new species of wasp every summer in Missouri. We even have red ones! I advise you to gas that sucker with Raid.

If it has stung you but the sting didn't hurt too bad it might be a mud dauber. Those wasps aren't too big, only a bit larger than a fly and they do have a long slender body, and their stings don't pack the high powered, feel like you've been shot wallop of a yellowjacket or hornet sting. They just burn a little.

If it looks anything like this, it's a mud dauber (it doesn't have to be black and white, I've seen brown ones and black ones as well). Don't worry, image is NOT to scale.
          Ya know, I may very well be the sole believer in Operation Sealion, but I bloody well know what a Wasp & what a Mud Dauber look like.

And this animal ain't no Wasp or Mud Dauber.

GEEZUZ.

Comment

My Mysterious Fly Bug

And Yes, despite appearances, it does have wings.

Desite being on my scanner screen, he still lives.

Comment

What's The Deal Man?????

Has my mysterious insect left you all stunned for an answer as to what exactly it is?

Comment

Have they added Brundle-fly to their classification system yet?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by Duke William View Post
                  Has my mysterious insect left you all stunned for an answer as to what exactly it is?
                  Tarantula Hawk wasp ?
                  " Reality is interpretation according to a scheme which we cannot escape "

Comment

It could be a horsefly, Duke. The kind that often plague the rear flanks of horses.

Hmmmmm.
                    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Maybe we think it's just a fly?

Is it possible for you to have a thought that doesn't get posted for everyone to read?

Maybe I should start a new thread everytime I change the kids' diapers?

We went to the store a few hours ago and you'll never believe this but I saw TWO blue cars! Wow!

When I took the mutts out earlier I noticed the street light closest to our house was out. Strangely enough, all the other lights up and down the street were still on. How about that?

Earlier today someone called while we were outside with the kids and dogs and they left a message since they thought we weren't home. That's crazy isn't it?

Years ago my brother got a new car so he gave me his old one. Just a couple months ago my wife got a new car so we gave my brother our old one. What a crazy world we live in.

If your plan is to annoy the forum until Admiral reopens the Sealion thread, I think you might have a shot.
                      Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

I'm pretty sure what ya got there Duke is what is commonly called a spider wasp.
                        "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

Can it cross the English channel?
                          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                          Ernest Hemingway.

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

Comment

Originally posted by Wustenfuchs View Post
                            I'm pretty sure what ya got there Duke is what is commonly called a spider wasp.
                            Near as I can tell though, it ain't got no stinger.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
                              It could be a horsefly, Duke. The kind that often plague the rear flanks of horses.

Hmmmmm.
                              I know what a Horse Fly looks like & I know it ain't no horse fly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X