Words and Phrases to live by

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Words and Phrases to live by

One that has always served me well over the years. "There are no worldly problems so monumentally hopeless, too great nor all encompassing that cannot be solved through the proper application of High Explosives.".
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

short and to the point . . .

"Front towards enemy"

[Instructions embossed into the case of the US Claymore antipersonnel mine.]
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Heard a similar one from some fellows I met who were engineers at a local facility that tested fuel and engines for SAMs among other things..."There is no engineering problem so difficult it can't be solved with the aid of a 3 pound hammer."

Must be what causes the occasional explosion in the place.
      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

"Man plans, God laughs"
        My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

"If I don't value your opinion, it doesn't matter what you say" -Scott

That got me thru 10 yrs in the Army.
          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

"Some times it is better to beg forgivness than ask permission and be denied"
            Wolster

Comment

`
              " A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. "
              " Reality is interpretation according to a scheme which we cannot escape "

Comment

"Don't take it personally."

(From my Uncle Bill.)
                "I am not an atomic playboy."
                Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

"Go read your birth certificate and show me where it says satisfaction guaranteed."- My Father, when as a teen I complained that life was unfair.
                  ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                  ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

cyberia "Go read your birth certificate and show me where it says satisfaction guaranteed."- My Father, when as a teen I complained that life was unfair.
                    As the mother of an eighteen year-old daughter, I'll have to use that one!
                    Last edited by mmshell; 19 Sep 07, 11:36.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
                      "Go read your birth certificate and show me where it says satisfaction guaranteed."- My Father, when as a teen I complained that life was unfair.
                      Aye matey, 'tis true. And you'll be remembering it says pursuit of happiness, not happiness.

A wise bookie who served the Cap'n before he forgot to pay off on one 'o me wagers, Davey Jones take his soul, told me another pearl or two.

They be never bet on a three-legged horse or a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.
                      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolster View Post
                        "Some times it is better to beg forgivness than ask permission and be denied"
                        And the corrollary...

"It is always easier to beg forgiveness than it is to ask permission."

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

From Denis Leary:

Life sucks, wear a helmet!
                          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

"Never get into a pissing fight with a skunk!".
                            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Never wrestle with a pig, you will both get dirty and nasty, and the pig LIKES
                              it .

or how about:
                              The late worm misses the bird instead of the early bird gets the worm.
                              SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X