Can anyone ID these Biplanes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone ID these Biplanes?

I heard the distant droning long before I saw them - and once they appeared over my house, I had time to get inside, grab the camera, load a memory stick and dash outside again - they hadn't moved much.

I only had my small camera to hand though so I didn't get any real closeups. I'm guessing they might have been flying home from an airshow. Can anyone ID them?

Looks like they have wingwalker attachments on top?

Dr. S.
    Attached Files
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Stearmans I think....Could be the Utterly Butterly display(Spelling?) team?
    Last edited by eyemo; 16 Sep 07, 10:01.
    Don't just do it.... Over do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by eyemo View Post
      Stearmans I think....Could be the Uterly Butterly display(Spelling?) team?
      Could be, although aren't they bright yellow? These weren't that colourful from what I could see - although I could be wrong. That would make sense anyway...they looked "modern", if that makes any sense when talking about biplanes.

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

They are four Boeing Stearman of the 'Team Guinot' display team Formerly the 'Utterly Butterly' Display team and the 'Crunchie' display team before that.

Edit: Should have read the other replies before posting. They have a new sponsor this year, not as colourful!
        Last edited by Wolster; 16 Sep 07, 10:03.
        Wolster

Comment

Originally posted by Wolster View Post
          They are four Boeing Stearman of the 'Team Guinot' display team Formerly the 'Utterly Butterly' Display team and the 'Crunchie' display team before that.

Ta!

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I Just Gotta Ask

How can you tell & be so sure that they are Boeing Stearman's?????

Looking at the picture below, that seems to be a tough call to be so sure:

Last edited by Duke William; 16 Sep 07, 19:06.

Comment

Because it is the Guinot display team which use 4 Boeing Stearman. They are probably the only wing walking display team in the UK so it is a fair guess.

Info HERE
              Wolster

Comment

Wow, that must have been exciting to see flying over your house! Perhaps I'm a nut, but I think things like that are cool. I once heard heavy engines approaching from the south of my home and grabbed my boys and ran outside to see a B17 approaching low and directly overhead. That made my day to say the least!
                "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

Originally posted by Wustenfuchs View Post
                  Wow, that must have been exciting to see flying over your house! Perhaps I'm a nut, but I think things like that are cool. I once heard heavy engines approaching from the south of my home and grabbed my boys and ran outside to see a B17 approaching low and directly overhead. That made my day to say the least!
                  I live a bit from the local airport, but am in the fly zone for the local air show. Over the years, my buddies and I have sat on the roof and watched everything from the Stearmans to the Angels.

My favorite though happened this summer, took my 2 1/2 year old grandson to his first baseball game. (Class A Summer League)

The Anthem was followed by a flyover by two Piper Cubs. He was in total awe. Small town America, ya gotta love it.
                  :flag: :flag:
                  Last edited by holly6; 16 Sep 07, 21:41.
                  My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

I get to see a Lancaster flying overhead every once in a while. One of only two left flying in the world is based nearby. Last time was while we were out golfing. Pretty cool.

Comment

A Lancaster has flown over here a few times - and just about every other month we have a Spitfire or two.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I'm with Woolster on this one, was it these Doc? Saw them flying at Duxford this summer.
                        http://forums.diecast-aviation.eu/at...6&d=1184105361
                        Last edited by Von Richter; 17 Sep 07, 06:28.
                        The long toll of the brave
                        Is not lost in darkness
                        Over the fruitful earth
                        And athwart the seas
                        Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                        Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X