Public Speaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Speaking

The other night while sitting in my local French bar I heard on the TV that Mr Bush Jnr intends to take up the "talk circuit" when he leaves office stating something to the fact that Mr Bush senr and Mr Clinton pull down six or seven figures on the lecture circuit.

Was I hearing things or is this true...coming from a man who is not sure what country he is in, Austria or Australia, and cannot utter a four cilibal word without messing it up..

per ardua ad astra

If true, has he decided yet on an "opening act"?
    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

He might be good in Montreal, they have the Just for Laughs comedy festival
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Come on guys! I don't support everything President Bush has done, but everyone on the forum knows there is a segment of the population that will eat up everything he says without question and another segment that will go just to make fun of him. Sounds like he has tapped into 2 markets already.

Besides, don't all ex-Presidents do speaking engagements post-office?

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
          The other night while sitting in my local French bar I heard on the TV that Mr Bush Jnr intends to take up the "talk circuit" when he leaves office stating something to the fact that Mr Bush senr and Mr Clinton pull down six or seven figures on the lecture circuit.

Was I hearing things or is this true...coming from a man who is not sure what country he is in, Austria or Australia, and cannot utter a four cilibal word without messing it up..

per ardua ad astra
          This coming from someone whose grammar and spelling leave something to be desired....
          1. Even if you could make something idiot proof they would just go out and build a better idiot.
          2. The road to hell is paved by a hard working asphalt crew of meddlesome legislators.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-Me View Post
            This coming from someone whose grammar and spelling leave something to be desired....
            True, but I don't believe Mr Bow has stated his intentions to go into public speaking!

Wolster

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-Me View Post
              Hehe to be able to speak well a person must be good at articulating actually. Spelling is only useful if you want to be a writer.
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Not knowing for sure if the rumor is valid about President Bush's intentions after he vacates the presidency I will say...
                Assuming the rumor is correct...
                I won't fault him his speaking style, or the errors people claim he has commited regarding his public speaking moments.
                Right now we have more pressing issues regarding his administration these days.
                More power to him if he wants to make money as a former chief executive earning a paycheck as a retiree from the White House.
                However, I seem to recall, was it President Harry Truman who said, "The office of the Presidency is not for sale!" Or something along those lines.
                Repubican and Democrats both do it now...
                Make speechs for money.
                To me, discussing your impending retirement, while two wars are going on, is like the Iraqi Legislators who went home on vacation.
                My opinion.
                Poor timing.
                Not classy.
                "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
                  ...coming from a man who is not sure what country he is in, Austria or Australia, and cannot utter a four cilibal word without messing it up..
                  ...coming from someone who can't spell "syllable"...

Comment

Originally posted by Wolster View Post
                    True, but I don't believe Mr Bow has stated his intentions to go into public speaking!

Maybe not, but if he aspires to cast aspersions on someone else's poor use of the English language, he should likely be astute enough to ensure his own is above reproach.

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
                      Not knowing for sure if the rumor is valid about President Bush's intentions after he vacates the presidency I will say...
                      Assuming the rumor is correct...
                      I won't fault him his speaking style, or the errors people claim he has commited regarding his public speaking moments.
                      Right now we have more pressing issues regarding his administration these days.
                      More power to him if he wants to make money as a former chief executive earning a paycheck as a retiree from the White House.
                      However, I seem to recall, was it President Harry Truman who said, "The office of the Presidency is not for sale!" Or something along those lines.
                      Repubican and Democrats both do it now...
                      Make speechs for money.
                      To me, discussing your impending retirement, while two wars are going on, is like the Iraqi Legislators who went home on vacation.
                      My opinion.
                      Poor timing.
                      Not classy.
                      Most of the time I agree with you, but not on this one. If all he wanted to do was talk about retirement and vacation destinations I would be bothered. However, an ask and answer where he states his inentions doesn't bother me.

Comment

Good luck. When I heard him praising the actions of 'Austrian troops' at the 'OPEC' summit in Sydney I though he was either very ignorant or totally taking us for granted or both. But then I suppose the leader of a 'superpower' doesn't really owe anybody the courtesy of at least knowing what country he's in.
                        The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                        Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Geek44 View Post
                          Good luck. When I heard him praising the actions of 'Austrian troops' at the 'OPEC' summit in Sydney I though he was either very ignorant or totally taking us for granted or both. But then I suppose the leader of a 'superpower' doesn't really owe anybody the courtesy of at least knowing what country he's in.
                          Funny...I hear people make that mistake quite often. In fact, the Australian officer attending school here said it the other day, and he's FROM Australia, NOT Austria!

Give the bloke a break. The second you can claim perfection when speaking to the free world, THEN, maybe!

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
                            The second you can claim perfection when speaking to the free world, THEN, maybe!
                            I can do that! And you can't find empirical evidence to the contrary!
                            “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

You decide!

ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                              ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X