Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pandora's Box #1 Christanity

Sorry it took me so long

The Christen religion (like all) is in itself flawed. Form births were born into a religion not of our choosing. Whether it’s Roman, Protestant, Baptist, etc, were told that’s what to believe and any thing else is wrong and if you go against it you will go to a Hell. You’re parents take you to church and force you to go along with the rituals and read the bible. You go to Sunday school just like everybody and get taught the “word of god”. Now you’re older and you want to question it, you take to your parents and church leader and ask them what’s really going on, there answer is to just go with it. But, know lets say you’re from a different religion trying to become a good little christen, which one do you chose, old fashioned Roman, laid backed Protestant, or whatever. There all the same, just with different values/saints/practice, they believe Jesus was gods son, he rose form the dead, blah, look if you’re going to make a religion then set some boundaries. But with Christianity there over a two dozen kinds of Christianity out there, some of them try to guilt you in, some scare you, others let them come to you but it’s all in the end nothing. Countless atrocities have been committed in the name of there “God” I belief in a god, but that’s it no resurrections or anything.

Tell me what you think of it
    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
    "

Originally posted by ace View Post
    Sorry it took me so long

The Christen religion (like all) is in itself flawed. Form births were born into a religion not of our choosing. Whether it’s Roman, Protestant, Baptist, etc, were told that’s what to believe and any thing else is wrong and if you go against it you will go to a Hell. You’re parents take you to church and force you to go along with the rituals and read the bible. You go to Sunday school just like everybody and get taught the “word of god”. Now you’re older and you want to question it, you take to your parents and church leader and ask them what’s really going on, there answer is to just go with it. But, know lets say you’re from a different religion trying to become a good little christen, which one do you chose, old fashioned Roman, laid backed Protestant, or whatever. There all the same, just with different values/saints/practice, they believe Jesus was gods son, he rose form the dead, blah, look if you’re going to make a religion then set some boundaries. But with Christianity there over a two dozen kinds of Christianity out there, some of them try to guilt you in, some scare you, others let them come to you but it’s all in the end nothing. Countless atrocities have been committed in the name of there “God” I belief in a god, but that’s it no resurrections or anything.

Tell me what you think of it
    I think you should invest in a good spellcheck program and take some grammar lessons. I'd me more inclined to respond to something that is intelligible.

Comment

Countless atrocities have been committed in the name of quite a few religions (not just Christianity) since the beginning of time. Religion is a part of a lot of peoples' culture. Some embrace it, some reject it, others idly pay no attention to it. That decision is left up to you.
      Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

I'm with Curt on this one.

Spellcheck spellcheck spellcheck.

If you want us to take you seriously on a dangerous subject, you have to put out at least enough effort to make it sound like you're not merely bored.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkane View Post
          Countless atrocities have been committed in the name of quite a few religions (not just Christianity) since the beginning of time. Religion is a part of a lot of peoples' culture. Some embrace it, some reject it, others idly pay no attention to it. That decision is left up to you.
          Indeed. And religion isn't even the number one cause of war and atrocity. The number one cause of warfare is land conquest. The #2 cause is dynastic struggle, or who gets to rule said land once #1 has been accomplished.

Wars of religion and ideology are in a small minority, and were even during the crusading era.
          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by pirateship1982 View Post
            Indeed. And religion isn't even the number one cause of war and atrocity. The number one cause of warfare is land conquest. The #2 cause is dynastic struggle, or who gets to rule said land once #1 has been accomplished.

Wars of religion and ideology are in a small minority, and were even during the crusading era.
            The problem here, is mankind has made war on itself since the dawn of time.

It's usually about land, it's normally religion that becomes the force that binds together the people as they go to war about land. If it's group A vs group B, and one group looks different than the other, it can be seen as cultural, or racial, but, in the end, religion will show up to unite the forces under a "cause".

Thus, the old argument, "it's about land" is really a non argument. It's always about land. And religion is always involved.

Dynastic, nah, there's always someone in charge leading the charge. You can call that person a Pope, King, Despot, Prime Minister or President. It's all the same. We humans have a thing for putting a person on a pedestal. They get there by varying means. But it's always the mob doing it.

Comment

Posted by Aries:

" But it's always the mob doing it."

When you listen to fools, the mob rules.

Comment

"Countless atrocities have been committed in the name of there “God” I belief in a god, but that’s it no resurrections or anything."

And countless charities have been started in the name of the Lord as well. Henri Dunant an evangelical Christian started the International Red Cross, and he and other evangelical Christians like Gustave Moynier helped start the Geneva Convention to lead for more humane ways for soldiers to be treated.
                Clara Barton a strong Catholic was inspired by the work of Dunant and started the American Red Cross. The Salvation Army is a Christian charity that helps people. The United Way I believe was started by a Jewish Rabbi, a Catholic Priest and a Protestant Minister who started a community chest with their money to help people. Habitat for Humanity is another organization that helps people. Most big cities have a Rescue Mission to help feed and take care of the homeless. Many hospitals have been started in the name of the Lord. If you are in a big city chances are you have a Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Catholic, etc. hospital.

Unfortunately there have been atrocities committed by Christians in the past, and they should be studied to help prevent them in the future, but Arkan makes a good point about many types of atrocities being committed by all types of religions. I can play history of atrocities for a long time if you think only Christians have committed them. Don't forget though that Atheists have also committed atrocities, and attacked religion. For just one example Atheists Ulbricht and Honecker in East Germany had to build a wall not for defensive purposes, but to prevent their citizens from leaving or seeing what was happening on the other side. They attacked religion and had an Atheist state, and had the Atheist Stasi monitor the citizens.

"Get three coffins ready" The Man With No Name

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                  Posted by Aries:

" But it's always the mob doing it."

When you listen to fools, the mob rules.
                  Chalk one up on the pithy meter.
                  A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by pirateship1982 View Post
                    Chalk one up on the pithy meter.
                    well yes the church brainwashes you into it
                    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                    "

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
                      I'm with Curt on this one.

Spellcheck spellcheck spellcheck.

If you want us to take you seriously on a dangerous subject, you have to put out at least enough effort to make it sound like you're not merely bored.
                      The forum has spellcheck? I didn't get the memo!

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                        The forum has spellcheck? I didn't get the memo!
                        It does if you have Firefox - it automatically underlines any word that may be misspelled.

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
                          It does if you have Firefox - it automatically underlines any word that may be misspelled.
                          I think you have to turn it on, I don't think it's enabled by default.
                          "I am not an atomic playboy."
                          Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

I don't recall turning on spell check actually, I just know, that I am using an updated Version 2 of Firefox.

Everything typed in a questionable fashion gets a highlight under the word.

Kinda handy. It won't tell you if the properly spelled word is the wrong one though.

If you typed if, and you meant is, you won't get told.

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
                              I think you have to turn it on, I don't think it's enabled by default.

Hey Mirrorshades, my house is filled up with popcorn, and I have popcorn all over the place. I hate popcorn. You didn't have anything to do with this did you?

"Get three coffins ready" The Man With No Name

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X