The Personality Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Personality Test

The Foundation for the Study of Personality in History has a test available that attempts to rate determine your personality profile based on the Five-Factor Model of personality domains. There are two test available a short version (120 questions) and a larger test consisting of around 300 questions (subject to crashing). Questions include how you vote (conservative or liberal), work with others, and appreciate art.

http://cac.psu.edu/~j5j/test/ipipneo120.htm

http://cac.psu.edu/~j5j/test/ipipneo300.htm

My results

Extraversion: Low, I'm more of an introvert who is quiet and reserved

Aggreeableness: High, I have a strong interest for others needs. This means I am a pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative person

Conscientiousness: High, I am organized and self-controlled

Neuroticism: High, I get upset easily and worry about things others dismiss. I am considered by others to be sensitive and emotional

Openness to Experience: Low, I think in plain terms. I am seen by others as practical not irrational, or impulsive.

I realize the test can be rather personal, so you don't have to do like me and post results.

You might also be interested in the
    Foundation for the Study of Personality in History They're wrapping up an indepth study of American Presidents, which will be released sometime this month hopefully. On their website, you can find the eight personality categories of American presidents, among other information. Quite useful for those with interest in political science.
    "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Extravertion: High, I'm sociable, outgoing, energetic, and lively

Aggreeableness: High, a strong interest in others' needs and well-being

Conscientiousness: High, I set clear goals and pursue them with determination

Neuroticism: Low, you are exceptionally calm, composed and unflappable

Openness to Experience: Average, I enjoy tradition but I'm willing to try new things.

Is this how I would describe myself? Yes and no. I think some of these facets are very one sided. For example, I don't know if I'd consider myself extroverted. I don't avoid crowds or parties or anything, and I do have a good time at them, but I really love my "alone time".

Still, it's an interesting test. Thanks for posting it.

Nat

Comment

Extraversion is average, indicating you are neither a subdued loner nor a jovial chatterbox. You enjoy time with others but also time alone.

Your level of Agreeableness is average, indicating some concern with others' Needs, but, generally, unwillingness to sacrifice yourself for others.

Your score on Openness to Experience is low, indicating you like to think in plain and simple terms. Others describe you as down-to-earth, practical, and conservative.

Your score on Conscientiousness is low, indicating you like to live for the moment and do what feels good now. Your work tends to be careless and disorganized.

Your score on Neuroticism is average, indicating that your level of emotional reactivity is typical of the general population. Stressful and frustrating situations are somewhat upsetting to you, but you are generally able to get over these feelings and cope with these situations.

hmm - I'm selfish, lazy, boring, and don't care whether people are around or not

I think I might have clicked a few wrong buttons there...
      Now listening too;
      - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Let's see:
        Extroversion - High

Agreeableness - High

Conscientioness - Average

Neuroticism - Average

Openness to Experience - Average

Comment

Extraversion is average

Agreeableness is low

Conscientiousness is high

Neuroticism is high

Openness to Experience is average

Pretty accuarte test. Cool thanks Delta
          "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

120 question test

Extraversion High
            Agreeableness Low
            Conscientiousness High
            Neuroticism Average
            Openess to Experience Low

pretty accurate I'd say
            Black & blue from the TOAW learning curve!

Comment

What the hell:

Detailed test results

Here are all the details that the 300 question test gives out, pretty cool.
              "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

300 questions run :
                Extraversion : low
                Agreeableness : low
                Conscientiousness : average
                Neuroticism : average
                Openess to experience : low
                Maybe I should get a cure...

Comment

http://www.personal.psu.edu/cgi-bin/...P/ipipneo6.cgi

Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

Your level of Agreeableness is average, indicating some concern with others' Needs, but, generally, unwillingness to sacrifice yourself for others.

Your score on Conscientiousness is low, indicating you like to live for the moment and do what feels good now. Your work tends to be careless and disorganized.

Your score on Neuroticism is high, indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional. [edit: no im not how dare you say that ]

Your score on Openness to Experience is average, indicating you enjoy tradition but are willing to try new things. Your thinking is neither simple nor complex. To others you appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual.
                  Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

300 questions run

Extraversion : 68 out of 100
                    Agreeableness : 76 out of 100
                    Conscientiousness : 0 out of 100
                    Neuroticism : 36 out of 100
                    Openess to experience : 73 out of 100
                    Attached Files
                    French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

Well, here comes the short version... (maybe I'm going to to the other tomorrow...)

Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

Your score on Conscientiousness is average. This means you are reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled.

Your score on Neuroticism is high, indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional.

Your score on Openness to Experience is high, indicating you enjoy novelty, variety, and change. You are curious, imaginative, and creative.

Well, my inside is now on the outside

Edit:
                      For those interested the attached file is my result of the 300 questions quiz...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by mr_clark; 05 Aug 04, 12:51.
                      "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                      which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                      The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                      returned to its home base."

Comment

Very average, except Openess high

Last edited by laszlo.nemedi; 05 Aug 04, 06:07.
                        a brain cell

Comment

I was average on everything but openness to new experience, which was low.

I like being an average white man,...unfortunately, most serial killers are average white men as well!

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs

I like being an average white man,...unfortunately, most serial killers are average white men as well!
                            Well, don't be scared of yourself! I mean your currently at a War forum so what should happen...
                            "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                            which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                            The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                            returned to its home base."

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs

I thought they were intelligent white men, don't worry Pangracs you should be fine
                              Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X