Can you really "bless yourself".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you really "bless yourself".

A guy in the computer lab just sneezed and said "bless me". I don't know why, I just found it irritating. Irritating enough to make me "wanna floss my teeth with barbed wire". Or his.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Originally posted by pirateship1982 View Post
    A guy in the computer lab just sneezed and said "bless me". I don't know why, I just found it irritating. Irritating enough to make me "wanna floss my teeth with barbed wire". Or his.
    Just remember, it's only an archaic custom, from back when they thought a sneeze might make you lose part of your soul
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
      Just remember, it's only an archaic custom, from back when they thought a sneeze might make you lose part of your soul
      That would explain why I have no soul.
      Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
      Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
      David Bowie

Comment

A guy in the computer lab just sneezed and said "bless me". I don't know why, I just found it irritating.
        I think of it more as a request. As in, "Please bless me", as opposed to "I bless myself".

I know a guy that often says, "F*** Me" when he does something wrong or foolish. Now in this case I don't think it is a request, unless it is a plea for sex to make him forget his peccadillo

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
          I think of it more as a request. As in, "Please bless me", as opposed to "I bless myself".

I know a guy that often says, "F*** Me" when he does something wrong or foolish. Now in this case I don't think it is a request, unless it is a plea for sex to make him forget his peccadillo
          ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
          ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Actually, "bless you"" is from the days of the Black Plague, when a sneeze was quite possibly one of the first symptoms of a victim contracting pneumonic plague, and the complete saying was "God bless you and keep you safe", shortened to "bless you".

Secondly, what's the big deal? This isn't even making mountains out of molehills - it's trying to pump up a pimple to the size of Mount Everest.

Note to Pirateship: we live in America - he can bless himself if he wants to, or he can bless you or anybody else or the whole world if he so chooses. You can too, just as you can believe that the entire universe was created by an infinite number of monkeys working with an infinite number of Erector sets for an infinite number of millennia.

When you go back to work, ask yourself what you do that makes your co-worker want to tear you limb from limb?

It's a big world - there is room for all of us...or at least there should be.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Heh. Just be glad your're not around my dad when he sneezes. It's louder than a gunshot, and he swears as he sneezes, yelling 'Horseh*t' in amongst the Ka-chooo!

Cottonballs or earlplugs are a requirement during the allergy seasons.

Comment

And on a side-note:

I "bless" myself twice a day.

Three times if he takes a day off.

Comment

Uhhh DoD? You "Bless" yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                    Actually, "bless you"" is from the days of the Black Plague, when a sneeze was quite possibly one of the first symptoms of a victim contracting pneumonic plague, and the complete saying was "God bless you and keep you safe", shortened to "bless you".

Secondly, what's the big deal? This isn't even making mountains out of molehills - it's trying to pump up a pimple to the size of Mount Everest.

Note to Pirateship: we live in America - he can bless himself if he wants to, or he can bless you or anybody else or the whole world if he so chooses. You can too, just as you can believe that the entire universe was created by an infinite number of monkeys working with an infinite number of Erector sets for an infinite number of millennia.

When you go back to work, ask yourself what you do that makes your co-worker want to tear you limb from limb?

It's a big world - there is room for all of us...or at least there should be.
                    MM, as someone who is perpetually pissed off at the current state of everything aren't you throwing stones in a glass house?
                    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

When I was a missionary, to bless oneself was to masterbate.

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
                        Uhhh DoD? You "Bless" yourself?

Lalalala I'm not listening lalalala. . .

Comment

A guy in the computer lab just sneezed and said "bless me". I don't know why, I just found it irritating.
                          That's odd. Probably a reaction to no one saying, "bless you" to him when he sneezed. That's when my kids say it, similar to "excuse you" when someone is rude.
                          Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                          Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                          http://www.mormon.org
                          http://www.sca.org
                          http://www.scv.org/
                          http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

You are a Catholic Pesemest be better if you threw away all faith a live day by day
                            http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

It does sound like a request. Say, Bless me Lord, or something. Wouldn't make a lot of fuss about it anyway.
                              All warfare is based on deception.
                              Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X