Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Paleo-Conservative Perspective On Why We Invaded Iraq

Howdy,

I have been comparing two different Conservative movements: the Neo-Conservatives (George Bush and friends) and the Paleo-Conservatives (Pat Buchanan, Jared Taylor, Samuel Francis, Jeff Rense, Justin Raimondo, Kevin MacDonald, etc.) Interestingly, the Paleos have a very different perspective than the Neos regarding foreign policy. Here are two articles from the Paleo perspective:

The following is from http://www.amconmag.com/

March 24, 2003 issue
    Copyright © 2003 The American Conservative

Whose War?

A neoconservative clique seeks to ensnare our country in a series of wars that are not in America’s interest.

by Patrick J. Buchanan

The War Party may have gotten its war. But it has also gotten something it did not bargain for. Its membership lists and associations have been exposed and its motives challenged. In a rare moment in U.S. journalism, Tim Russert put this question directly to Richard Perle: “Can you assure American viewers ... that we’re in this situation against Saddam Hussein and his removal for American security interests? And what would be the link in terms of Israel?”

Suddenly, the Israeli connection is on the table, and the War Party is not amused. Finding themselves in an unanticipated firefight, our neoconservative friends are doing what comes naturally, seeking student deferments from political combat by claiming the status of a persecuted minority group. People who claim to be writing the foreign policy of the world superpower, one would think, would be a little more manly in the schoolyard of politics. Not so.

Complete text at http://www.amconmag.com/03_24_03/cover.html

The following is from http://www.vdare.com/

September 18, 2003

Thinking About Neoconservatism

By Kevin MacDonald

Over the last year, there’s been a torrent of articles on neoconservatism raising (usually implicitly) some vexing issues: Are neoconservatives different from other conservatives? Is neoconservatism a Jewish movement? Is it “anti-Semitic” to say so?

The dispute between the neocons and more traditional conservatives — “paleoconservatives” — is especially important because the latter now find themselves on the outside, looking in on the conservative power structure.

Complete text at http://www.vdare.com/misc/macdonald_neoconservatism.htm

Great to see conservatism ripping itself apart from within
    Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Originally posted by Temujin
      "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
      which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
      The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
      returned to its home base."

Comment

I don't think so. Pat Buchanan and his followers are just a minority within conservative circles. In fact, I don't really like him, he is far too extreme for my tastes. I put him in the same group as Rush Limbaugh, of which I am not his fan.

Sorry, buddy, it looks like you're living in your own fantasy world where conservatism is dirty as hell....

Dan
        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Speaking of lobbies, Kerry has the support of the Albanian lobby and he promises to resolve the Kosovo issue quickly and finally.

Anybody have any idea what that might mean?
          Get the US out of NATO, now!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772
            I don't think so. Pat Buchanan and his followers are just a minority within conservative circles. In fact, I don't really like him, he is far too extreme for my tastes. I put him in the same group as Rush Limbaugh, of which I am not his fan.

Sorry, buddy, it looks like you're living in your own fantasy world where conservatism is dirty as hell....

Dan
            I can dream can't I! I may even turn over a new leaf and pray for it
            Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Originally posted by SparceMatrix
              Speaking of lobbies, Kerry has the support of the Albanian lobby and he promises to resolve the Kosovo issue quickly and finally.

Anybody have any idea what that might mean?
              Kerry would probably be interested in the answer to this question too.

I can dream can't I! I may even turn over a new leaf and pray for it
              Neo-conservatives dream for reality. Everyone else try to make dreams a reality.

Neo-Cons are a problem for the Republican Party. The "US vs. Them theme" leaves little room for moderates. Most people are neither conservative or liberal. They just accept ideals closer to one of these categories.
              "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X