Sleazeball Alarms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleazeball Alarms

Once again hit with a case of insomnia I was watching Fox News early this morning and in place of the Factor was Brit Hume doing some interview work with various politicians. I tuned in half way and was a bit drowsy (don't you hate it when you're tired but you can't fall asleep ) so I'm not entirely sure if this was a political rally or what but I do remember some bits about his interview. The topic of debate was Iran and possible military solutions. One politician, don't know his name, mentioned his solution but before he did he mentioned how he was in the Air Force.

Am I the only one whose sleazeball alarm goes off the moment a politician mentions how he served in the military?

I bet myself the politician would be asserting a non-military, negotiate with the enemy standpoint, and I won. Apparently this politician thought his Air Force service, which seemed to consist mostly of sitting on the tarmac waiting for a World War 3 that never happened, made him an expert in world affairs. He spoke of how we beat the Soviet by staring them down, not fighting with them, and seemed completely obvlivious to the fact that Communism and Islamic Fundamentalism are as different as night and day in culture. Commies don't want their Motherland to be turned into a nuclear crater. Muslims don't care as long as they take some infidels with them.

Have you ever heard a politician mention his military service before they take a pro-military stance? I sure haven't. But a politician is always quick to wave his military service around before telling us to either surrender or delegate our national defense to the whims of Europe and the UN, or both. It's gotten to the point where the moment I hear any politician mention his military service, I'm immediately less likely to trust him in military matters. Because it seems they use their military service as a qualifier to justify actions that are either cowardly or stupid.

The rest of the debate wasn't much better. Only one guy really answered the question and seemed willing to put US security first. The other one spent his minute dodging the question and another seemed like a micromanager.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Just bumping this thread up so it lives long enough to get some feedback. Looks like a slow day in the barracks.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Ha. Gotta love politicians.

Any idea at least what type (what he's running for or currently in)?
      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
        Ha. Gotta love politicians.

Any idea at least what type (what he's running for or currently in)?
        Sorry, like I said I was half out of it and there was no info bar at the bottom of the screen to tell me who it was or whether he was Democrat or Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by pirateship1982 View Post
          Sorry, like I said I was half out of it and there was no info bar at the bottom of the screen to tell me who it was or whether he was Democrat or Republican.
          I'm assuming it at least wasn't Presidential race, you'd probably have recognized it then.

Let's hope it was for some state legislature.
          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X