Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket World Cup 2007

http://www.worldcupweb.com/WCcricket...asp?NewsID=101

Anyone planning on going? I'll be living in Trinidad for a few years from the end of next year, so ill be sure to get some good seats.

Nice to see the US's bid to host matches fail, nothing personal but i think West Indies cricket and economy is more deserving and needy of the tourist dollar that will come from it.

BTW anyone know what sort of quality (if any) can be expected from the US team? about a year agao i heard a report on the radio that one of their best players was an ex pat Aussie who played 4th grade cricket in suburban Sydney
    Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Cricket's like playing crocket but wearing padded knees?

Seriously, never seen that live. Funny though how English sports from a continental European view some are huge successes (hockey, soccer, tennis) and some other (cricket, rugby) are the opposite. I suppose at least that the English invented the above mentioned sports, and then probably some. Great inventive sports-nation! (Conquer the world/empire building by introducing nice games to the local populaces??)
    "You can't change the rules in the middle of the game."
    "Hey, you just made that rule up."

Heil Dicke Bertha!

Comment

Originally posted by Dicke Bertha
      Cricket's like playing crocket but wearing padded knees?

Seriously, never seen that live. Funny though how English sports from a continental European view some are huge successes (hockey, soccer, tennis) and some other (cricket, rugby) are the opposite. I suppose at least that the English invented the above mentioned sports, and then probably some. Great inventive sports-nation! (Conquer the world/empire building by introducing nice games to the local populaces??)
      Don't tell the French that.

I spose introducing sport was a step up from religion, the Spanish had their fare share of that. 1 billion Indians can't be wrong!
      Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Here you go Priest, just resurecting this one for ya, i originally planned to just mention the cricket, then i couldn't help myself with the US bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Temujin
          Here you go Priest, just resurecting this one for ya, i originally planned to just mention the cricket, then i couldn't help myself with the US bit.
          Thanks Temujin, however, this wouldn't have gotten rise out of me. Cricket isn't a native sport to the US so I would assume that whatever team that the US would put together would lose to other more exprienced countries. If you asked most Americans they would be unaware that the US even had a cricket team.

Comment

What's cricket - is that what women play who are'nt playing rugby?
            Black & blue from the TOAW learning curve!

Comment

Originally posted by Foggy
              What's cricket - is that what women play who are'nt playing rugby?
              nah thats baseball

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X