Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure whats up?

Hello friends...

Ive been trying to post for around 4 days now, but its just too much of a wind up.

First off theres nothing wrong with my server, net connection or any other site i visit... no problems at all. However since last week the ACG forum seems impossible to use. Every page takes around 3 minutes to open or hangs multiple times. Ive changed nothing on my set up either to cause this.

SOMETHING that loads is ****ing up my enjoyment... possibly the multiple 'video adverts' on the Burns film... i'm not sure. Until it clears up i'm away from here... even history isnt worth wasting 3 minutes of my life each time i view a page.

Perhaps those who 'design' or 'edit' these pages could remember that not everyone has a superfast connection with their server.

Am i pissed?

OH YES!

Regards

Gaz

I keep getting kicked out after about 5 minutes on the ACG, the rest of the internet is fine, i am typing this fast before it does it again.
    Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by allsirgarnet View Post
      SOMETHING that loads is ****ing up my enjoyment... possibly the multiple 'video adverts' on the Burns film... i'm not sure. Until it clears up i'm away from here... even history isnt worth wasting 3 minutes of my life each time i view a page.
      I've been having slow issues ever since I joined, however I will say that the current adds are very annoying, as they expand to cover large chunks of the forum when ever your mouse goes over them. To make matters worse its aimed at US audiences only.

Oh well just another two or three weeks of this.
      Winnie says
      ---------------------------------
      "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
      Herr Flick.

Comment

There were problems with the site when they were advertising "Sherman's March" a couple of months ago. This is probably the same thing. My computer has also had a hard time since this new ad started but it seems to be working fine today, just a little slower than normal is all. This too shall pass. Hang in there. And really, it's not as bad as the other ad was. That thing really played havoc with my site time.
        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

I've noticed problems of slowing, and pages not coming up at all since last
          week, i know its now me cuz i have two complete differn't systems at
          differn't location using differn't providers. And they both have that problem
          only here on ACG??
          Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Disable JavaScript in your web browser, it only takes a few ticks, and you'll see the difference. If you really want to speed up your connection access time, disable the loading of images as well. You won't get any picture, but you'll surf very very fast.
            Echo de menos mi isla.

Comment

Gentlemen

Hi guys,

Believe me we hear the concerns. We know that this has slowed down a lot of people's connection here at ACG and that is the last thing we wanted.

We have a thread started in which others have expressed concerns.
              Please take a look at it for an official response from Brian. Thank you for your patience.

Chad

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=55074
              "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Good case in point, i can't even access that page

I finally got to it, thanks
                Last edited by lufttiger; 04 Sep 07, 17:14.
                Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cheo View Post
                  Disable JavaScript in your web browser, it only takes a few ticks, and you'll see the difference. If you really want to speed up your connection access time, disable the loading of images as well. You won't get any picture, but you'll surf very very fast.
                  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X