Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what are all of you sons and daughters of Uncle Sam cooking for Labor Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what are all of you sons and daughters of Uncle Sam cooking for Labor Day?

Perhaps some of our Canadian Bretheren too. We are all going out to a friend's house for a big, traditional, cook-out wherein we will all be consuming vast amounts of smoked and roasted cuts of pork-ribs, turkey and beef, along with the obligatory "corn on the cob," home-made" cole slaw, potato salad and other delicasies. We've got a half-barrel of REAL-BEER, not "lite" on order and another one in reserve. If memory serves, the party should start before the dew is off the grass and be finishing up sometime around midnight. CHEERS TO YOU ALL!. HAPPY LABOR/LABOUR DAY!!
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

What about illegitimate daughters?

Comment

No cooking involved. Real men eat Bo Tai Chanh.
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
        No cooking involved. Real men eat Bo Tai Chanh.
        You go right ahead. While you are at it eat some of that coagulated dog blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
          What about illegitimate daughters?
          By all means, the more the merrier! You would always be welcome to whatever barbecue party that I am a small part of!

Comment

Wow! "Dog's Blood" was a Polish Curse that my Great-Grandparents used to hurl about back when I was but a kid. Phonetically-spelled and pronounced it was "Shah-Kriff" and something that you didn't ever want to be referred to as.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
              Wow! "Dog's Blood" was a Polish Curse :
              Ah, you are Polish. Did you ever eat "smalec"

Comment

We will do something very simple. From the grill of course. Just some well trimmed cheeseburgers and Italian sausage with crusty bread. .

Comment

Actually it is now hard to find Bo Tai Chanh now in Pho resturants. I don't understand why, as they are perfectly willing to give you the raw steak for Pho.

I don't know about dog. As far as I know, the resturants only served coagulate pig, chicken, and duck blood. The fowl blood lost favor because the who bird scare. I used to eat the pig blood all the time until I found out what it was. One of my favorite dishes is Bun Rieu, and for some reason, a lot of places serve it with the pig blood. No matter how many times I tell to leave it out, it still comes with it. I just take it out.
                  Last edited by Salinator; 01 Sep 07, 20:10.
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Ah, you are Polish. Did you ever eat "smalec"
                    Not familiar with that term. I'm Third Generation removed, although we do follow alot of the old customs, especially for the Christmas Eve Vigilia Feast.

Comment

We will do something very simple. From the grill of course. Just some well trimmed cheeseburgers and Italian sausage with crusty bread. .
                      Sounds good and you would definitely find it cooking on our huge charcoal smoker and grill, well-done cheese burgers and equally well-done Italian sweet and hot sausages.

Comment

Not familiar with that term. I'm Third Generation removed, although we do follow alot of the old customs, especially for the Christmas Eve Vigilia Feast.
                        Smalec is just pure lard spread on bread

So fro xmas you have the Carp swimming in the bath tub ?

Comment

Smalec is just pure lard spread on bread

So fro xmas you have the Carp swimming in the bath tub ?

I recall that my Granparents told me that they indeed used to eat day-old, bakery-condemned, bread, fried in lard during the Great Depression, while they were half-starved and looking for work, but nothing about any carp swimming in their bath tub, although, I'm sure that they would have joyfully partaken of them, considering the considerable difficulty of the times. I usually slow-smoke a goodly amount of various forms of boneless fish, fillets for our Christmas, Viglia Feast, though, along with pickled herring and other Pseudo-Polish Delicasies.

Comment

CHEERS TO YOU ALL!. HAPPY LABOR/LABOUR DAY!!
                            Thanks for the greetings, johnbryan.
                            Same for you, too.
                            Nothing special to report here.
                            I'm burned out on barbecuing at the moment.
                            I'll probably make tuna or baloney sandwiches.
                            Or hot chicken strips.
                            I'll drink iced tea, and Pepsi.
                            Check posts, read comic books, and look at some of my old APBA Baseball Cards.
                            School starts the next day.

Last edited by Slug; 01 Sep 07, 21:40.
                            "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
                              Thanks for the greetings, johnbryan.
                              Same for you, too.
                              Nothing special to report here.
                              I'm burned out on barbecuing at the moment.
                              I'll probably make tuna or baloney sandwiches.
                              Or hot chicken strips.
                              I'll drink iced tea, and Pepsi.
                              Check posts, read comic books, and look at some of my old APBA Baseball Cards.
                              School start the next day.

"Burned out on Barbecue?!? NEVER!!! OH NOO! SAY IT AIN'T SO! IT'S NOT POSSIBLE! CAN NOT COMPUTE! CAN NOT COMPUTE!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X