I'm Think Abo......OWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Think Abo......OWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

About Building Models Again in A Really Heavy Way.

That being said, If I wanted to find the best selection possible what scales should I look for in Tanks (& People), Planes & Ships.

Well, With Tanks I would think 1/35th scale would be the most popular & the easiest to find in great quantities, but what about the other two?

It's not always about the scale, it can also be about the name of the brand you chose.

Some companies are simply better than others.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Aircraft 1/48
      Ships 1/350
      Armour 1/35 or 1/48.

Why are you asking this question here? I'm sure you know we have a modelling area.
      The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
      Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Geek44 View Post
        Aircraft 1/48
        Ships 1/350
        Armour 1/35 or 1/48.

Why are you asking this question here? I'm sure you know we have a modelling area.
        I thought about that, but putting it here would keep me from forgetting where I asked the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke William View Post
          I thought about that, but putting it here would keep me from forgetting where I asked the question.
          If I asked a question about models I think the first place I would think to look would be the section dealing with models. If it wasn't there then I'm not sure where I'd start looking for it.
          Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

Fair enough. But of course here you won't get as many informed answers to your question.
            What's your area of interest?
            The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
            Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Fair enough. But of course here you won't get as many informed answers to your question.
              What's your area of interest?
              You really have NO IDEA just who I am, do you?

World War II Tanks (Mostly German) & other Armoured Fighting Vehicles.

World War II Ships (Mostly German & Japanese) But All of Them To Be Certain.

ALL Countries World War II Planes.

Not much into cars unless they got guns & swastikas painted on them. That's supposed to be funny.

Comment

You really have NO IDEA just who I am, do you?

World War II Tanks (Mostly German) & other Armoured Fighting Vehicles.

World War II Ships (Mostly German & Japanese) But All of Them To Be Certain.

ALL Countries World War II Planes.

Not much into cars unless they got guns & swastikas painted on them. That's supposed to be funny.
                No Duke I'm a little in the dark as to who you are and I feel that may be for the best sometimes...but I do enjoy your rather 'off-beatness'. I like stuff with swastikas on 'em too but I'm no nazi (see other thread ).
                Okay...for vehicles (mostly German) look at Tamiya's 1/35 and 1/48 range. Dragon make the best 1/35 scale kits IMO but they're challenging...not for getting back into the hobby. As for ships...I haven't built a ship for years but those that do assure me that Tamiya's 1/350 range is very good.
                Good luck.
                Sideshow Bob.

Comment

No Duke I'm a little in the dark as to who you are and I feel that may be for the best sometimes...but I do enjoy your rather 'off-beatness'. I like stuff with swastikas on 'em too but I'm no nazi (see other thread ).
                  Okay...for vehicles (mostly German) look at Tamiya's 1/35 and 1/48 range. Dragon make the best 1/35 scale kits IMO but they're challenging...not for getting back into the hobby. As for ships...I haven't built a ship for years but those that do assure me that Tamiya's 1/350 range is very good.
                  Good luck.
                  DRAGON KITS?????

You just gotta be kidding me. I HATE & DESPISE Dragon Kits.

All those plastic tank track links I got to glue together & then the wheels don't move, which means the tracks won't move either.

I like my guns to move up & down, my turrets to turn, and my tank wheels & tracks to function.

And turret doors that open and close would be nice too.

Comment

Go for Tamiya then. Don't know how you'll go getting your wheels to turn. I don't think all their kits are capable of that but some are. 1/35 scale will get you most of the features you want.
                    Dragon kits are more accurate in shape and feature, are much harder to build and are generally multi-media.
                    Sideshow Bob.

Comment

I like my guns to move up & down, my turrets to turn, and my tank wheels & tracks to function.

So you don't want to build models, you want to play with toys?
                      ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                      ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

At least it's not in the Sealion thread....

For armor your best bet is 1/35 or 1/72
                        Aircraft: 1/48 or 1/72
                        If you want functioning hatches et al you'll need 1/35th.
                        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

DRAGON KITS?????

You just gotta be kidding me. I HATE & DESPISE Dragon Kits.

All those plastic tank track links I got to glue together & then the wheels don't move, which means the tracks won't move either.

Guns make everytihng better, Duke!
                          I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
                            So you don't want to build models, you want to play with toys?
                            it's not that I actually want to play with them per say, but I do happen to like to put them in different scenarios every once in a while.

I mean, it's not like I actually have a couple thousand plastic toy soldiers in 1/35th & 1/32 Scale to stand around them or anything like that.

Actually I have around 3,000, but that's not important right now.

Comment

About Building Models Again in A Really Heavy Way.

That being said, If I wanted to find the best selection possible what scales should I look for in Tanks (& People), Planes & Ships.

Well, With Tanks I would think 1/35th scale would be the most popular & the easiest to find in great quantities, but what about the other two?
                              I just realized I said "I'm Think Abo......"

When I should Have Said "I'm THINKING Abo.........."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X