Royal Navy official rum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Navy official rum?

Is there an official brand? I've a friend whose fond of Pussers rum. It says Royal Navy on the bottle. Slick marketing?
    As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
    Mario Batali, 2006

http://www.pussers.com/rum/

hope this can help.
    Last edited by Post Captain; 31 Aug 07, 09:06.
    Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Gee I guess I could have googled first

Thanks man!

H
      As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
      Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Mmmm... rum.

My preferred brand: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruzan_Rum

(I grew up on the island where it is distilled.)
        "I am not an atomic playboy."
        Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

I have had Royal Army Issue Rum, which came in a large jerriboam in a wicker covering, and was a dark, potent Jamaican variety. Wonderful stuuf to start off a day in the field with.

Sad thing was, I had to return the container when REFORGER was all over with!
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
            I have had Royal Army Issue Rum, which came in a large jerriboam in a wicker covering, and was a dark, potent Jamaican variety. Wonderful stuuf to start off a day in the field with.

Sad thing was, I had to return the container when REFORGER was all over with!
            Har! Har! A goodly spash of Pusser's into the coffee makes for a fine "eye-opener" first thing in the morning..
            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

At Ft. Hood I saw something called, "Military Scotch". It wasn't half bad.

Comment

for a little while there were several liquors in the "Military" brand, including Scotch, Bourbon, Vodka and Gin that I know of. Not as good as the regular commercial brands, but OK to get by on.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X