ACG Sympathy Flowers for Richa33's Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACG Sympathy Flowers for Richa33's Service

Here is the bouquet I'm having sent to the service from 1-800 Flowers. It is the "small" arrangement. Here is the link: Sympathy Arrangement

Here is the message (it's tough with only a few characters to get everything in!):

Allen was a universally liked and admired at the Armchair General Forums. On behalf of all of his internet friends, the members at ACG offer their prayers and sincere condolences on his passing.

It cost $82.89 total ($12.99 delivery). If you would like to contribute, you can send to my Paypal account: [email protected] I've had some questions on how to use Paypal, so here is a link: Paypal, you have to register. Just click on "Send Money" and use my email address for the account you want to send to. I've rec'd $10 so far, and thank you to those who've donated. I'll try and keep this updated as long as I can edit...

When/if I get to $60 in donations, I will let everyone know to stop donating.

Thanks,

Curt

**ADMINS, PLEASE STICKY THIS POST
    Last edited by CPangracs; 30 Aug 07, 07:02.

Curt, I'm not a PayPal kind of guy. Especially after my account was hacked last year. Would it be possible to say, send you some cash?

Comment

Originally posted by Marines View Post
      Curt, I'm not a PayPal kind of guy. Especially after my account was hacked last year. Would it be possible to say, send you some cash?
      That's fine as well. I will send my mailing address for those who still want to donate the "old-fashioned" way. We're up to $20 donated so far.

Thanks again to all who have or plan on donating. If you don't want to donate for the flowers, then PLEASE give generously to a Leukemia Research charity of your choice.

Comment

Yeah. Do you have an address I can sned you cash? I don't have a paypal, but I do have cash laying around, give me your address and I'll be happy to give some.
        I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Update...

We are at $30 and counting so far, and I know many of you are going to snailmail the money, so...

Any and all funds over the $60 will go to Leukemia Research.org in Allen's name!

Comment

$30 bones in the mail too ya.

Comment

I could possibly send some money as I also don't have a paypal account.
              "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Matthew 6
                1Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Footnotes
                [1]
                Do not micromanage after giving:

3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

Matthew 6:1-4
                King James Version (KJV)
                New Testament Bible
                Public Domain

Comment

I make up the difference Curt...just let me know.
                  Publisher
                  Armchair General Magazine
                  Weider History Group

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have hit the target of $60 in donations! Thanks for all of the support. As I said before, any monies I receive by snailmail will be donated to the Leukemia Research Foundation.

This is the way any online community should treat any of its members, dysfunctional as it may be at times, as real relationships are built here and, even when you have differences with another person (or maybe more so because of those differences!), when something bad happens, there is always an outpouring of support.

Maybe we should all (that definitely includes myself!) step back when we get into a heated argument here and ask ourselves..."What if the person I'm arguing with suffered a personal tragedy today, and the last thing on his or her mind is how frustrated or upset I made them?"

Rest in peace, Allen...you were loved and respected by more than you know. Your passing may not have shown others that life can be fleeting and provides such little time here to waste it being obnoxious or rude, but it has gotten me to work harder at being supportive and respectful of others here, even when they might not do the same.

This truly is a community!

Curt

Comment

Curt, I'm sorry, I missed this thread yesterday as I was working on an article. One donation coming your way.

Dr. S.
                      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X