Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy @#$%^&*(!!!!!!!!!

Holy @#$%^&*(!!!!!!!!!

That was the loudest thunder and brightest, most intense lightning I can remember for years!

Looks like we might be starting to get one heck of a thunderstorm here. Everyone in the house just about jumped out of their skin, the thunder was so loud and sudden. I reckon our cats each lost one of its nine lives from the shock and they are cowering under the bed.

All the lights in our house just went out for a few moments and then came back on, but somehow the computer and Internet connections have not been affected (yet). Go figure!

Phew.........

EDIT: Seems to have begun to quieten down some, don't know if we're in for any more.... maybe just a short one....
    Last edited by panther3485; 29 Aug 07, 09:14.
    "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
    Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

You should shut off your Computer ASAP!
    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
      You should shut off your Computer ASAP!
      See the edit - looks like it might be starting to die down.

On the other hand, it could start up again so I think I'll shut down just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the tip, makes sense.

Signing off now, catch yer later,

Regards,
      panther3485
      Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

The Kiwis don't need bad weather, they already have Telecom.

Friend told me her service has totally pooched the entire countries internet service recently. Botching emails, and making connecting a pain if you can get on at all. Apparently they have given the entire client base a free week to say sorry for the buggered upgrade.

Meanwhile, today is set to be hot apparently, and a 70% chance of a good storm. I wonder if we will experience it, or if like usual, happens everywhere but here.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

The storm continued to calm down and we had a perfectly fine day today. Almost like it never happened.

However, when I tried to go on the Internet before work this morning, the line was down.

As you can see, all OK now.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
            The Kiwis don't need bad weather, they already have Telecom.

Friend told me her service has totally pooched the entire countries internet service recently. Botching emails, and making connecting a pain if you can get on at all. Apparently they have given the entire client base a free week to say sorry for the buggered upgrade.

Meanwhile, today is set to be hot apparently, and a 70% chance of a good storm. I wonder if we will experience it, or if like usual, happens everywhere but here.
            Ahh Telecom, the awful child you never wanted.

Voltage spikes, changed IP's, xDSL... the slaps to the face never stop.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X