Congrats Lance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Lance

Congratulations to Lance Armstrong for winning the Tour de France for the sixth time. Lance overcame a fight with cancer to become the first man in history to win the Tour six times.

Yes! Congratulations, and thanks. Thanks for being such an inspiration to us everyday cyclists, as we wend our way through the idiots and self-absorbed buffoons on our daily commutes.

'urrah!
    I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

In how far is the Island civil war campaign, subject to the ladder?

Just to know if I should join...
      "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
      which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
      The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
      returned to its home base."

Comment

You guys sure he is not an ALIEN or something?
        SIX MINUTES ahead of the second winner ... .. man, he is from Pluto.. not even Jupiter, I figured...
        Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_clark
          In how far is the Island civil war campaign, subject to the ladder?

Just to know if I should join...
          For those who are confused about why this post is in this thread like i was when i read Felix's other post in another thread, i think i just worked it out.

In the Steel Panthers section about the new ladder:
          Originally posted by mr_clark
          Well, yeah he did it again...

Problem is that now it starts to be as boring as Formula 1 if just one guy wins everytime...
          So you see kiddies it is not wise to reply to more than one thread at a time.
          Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Thanks Temujin, I was wondering what mr clark was refering to.

Comment

I thought it was just a German thing...
              I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

congratulations to lance amstrong but i must say he was the only one who wanted to win the tour, others were happy to be 2,3.....
                may be ulrich had some plan to attack lance but it seems he was not so good than the previous year.
                but i'm really disappointed with ivan basso, especially what happened with him in the two pyreenean race, amstrong let him win( you cannot agree with him, but to me it seems obvious) and the day after basso let amstrong win. Then Basso stayed quiet until Paris ( he tried to follow sastre once in the grand bornand race but it failed)
                a shame beloki didn't take part to this one, also many cyclists were very bad this year to me: -Ulrich, Erras, Hamilton ( i know he lost his dog but.....), Mayo, Zubeldia, Boterro
                to end this i would say that i'm always suspicious when there is someone being stronger everywhere and able to win on all types of terrain ( i'm also suspicious about Merckx victories)
                i hope i'm wrong but.....
                looking forward to the new version of toaw

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM
                  I thought it was just a German thing...
                  Jep that was a close Guess...

Thanks for making it right Paul!
                  "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                  which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                  The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                  returned to its home base."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X