Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 69/70 Year Old Father is Going into Surgery This Tuesday (8/28) Morning

He has been Diagnosed with: CERVICAL RADICULAR SYNDROME

The Doctor is going to be cutting through his neck in order to follow the following Procedure: ANTERIOR CERVICAL, DISCECTOMY AND FUSION AT C5-6 AND C6-7 USING ALLOGRAFT BONE, INTERVERTEBRAL PROSTHETIC CAGE, ANTERIOR CERVICAL PLATING.

he is supposed to be having some bone spurs & discs removed, that are to be replaced with steel discs.

Jokingly, My Father Says: "After all that I hope I don't hurt anymore!!!!! Ha Ha"

Anyway, Pops is a Retired 20 Year Man with The U.S. Air Force & a Retired 20 Year Man with The U.S. Post Office.

He has told me not to worry, and that I should not miss any work if I have work to do & that my cousin Lonnie will be with my Mom in the waiting room in addition to about a dozen or so members of their church including their preacher.

I still can't help but worry.

I hope nothing happens to him.

Can you guys send your prayers, please?

Count on it, my friend!

Do what you can to be there, Duke.

God bless you all!

Wes
    On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

I hope everything turns out good!

Comment

My best wishes, and most definitely my most sincere prayers. God bless.
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I will include him in my prayers.
          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

I sincerely hope that things turn out well for him and will pray for him as soon as I hit the submit button.

Like Wes said my advice is move mountains to be there for him and your mom. In cases like this the best thing I can say is have no regrets.

Dennis
            As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
            Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Already done Duke!

I went through this when my mother had open heart surgery at 69. She's 84 now and wants to know when I'm coming to visit so she'll have an excuse to eat a steak.

So here's to you and your father and that next big family meal together.
              Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Duke, I know I've messed with you in the past. However I truely wish you the best of luck. God bless you and your father.
                "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

Best wishes for the best possible outcome.
                  "I am not an atomic playboy."
                  Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

I hope for the best for your father and your family Duke. I will be praying for your father and your family tonight and on Tuesday. Keep us posted. My youngest son had some trying times in the hospital and I definatly appreciated all the prayers and the visits from our pastor.

"Get three coffins ready" The Man With No Name

Comment

Good luck to you and your dad Duke. Here is to a full recovery.
                      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Thanks Guys

Your words mean a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke William View Post
                          He has been Diagnosed with: CERVICAL RADICULAR SYNDROME

The Doctor is going to be cutting through his neck in order to follow the following Procedure: ANTERIOR CERVICAL, DISCECTOMY AND FUSION AT C5-6 AND C6-7 USING ALLOGRAFT BONE, INTERVERTEBRAL PROSTHETIC CAGE, ANTERIOR CERVICAL PLATING.

he is supposed to be having some bone spurs & discs removed, that are to be replaced with steel discs.

Jokingly, My Father Says: "After all that I hope I don't hurt anymore!!!!! Ha Ha"

Anyway, Pops is a Retired 20 Year Man with The U.S. Air Force & a Retired 20 Year Man with The U.S. Post Office.

He has told me not to worry, and that I should not miss any work if I have work to do & that my cousin Lonnie will be with my Mom in the waiting room in addition to about a dozen or so members of their church including their preacher.

I still can't help but worry.

I hope nothing happens to him.

Can you guys send your prayers, please?
                          Will do.
                          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                            Good luck to you and your dad Duke. Here is to a full recovery.
                            That goes for me too.
                            "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Now For Something Funny About My Pop & Me.

Back when pop was like 50, he had a Heart Attack, which resulted in him having to have a Quadruple By-Pass.

Over the course of the next 17 - 18 years, 2 of those by-passes closed down, and when the Doctors told him & my mom not to worry about it, and that he didn't really need them to go on living a fruitful life, Pop took it all in stride and said....."OK".

MOM.....WENT THROUGH THE HOSPITAL ROOF & let the Doctors know what for putting her through all that.

"If he doesn't need the other two, then why did he have to have the other two in the first place?????"

It was funny to hear my Pop tell it.

Now Days, Mom won't let Pop go fishing or go to Play Golf by himself, because she's afraid something will happen to him, so he always has to go with someone else (or) Our Preacher.

Pop's is an Oklahoma Sooner (Born There & Raised as an Arkansas Razorback), while their preacher is a Texas Longhorn Man.

One can only imagine their relationship out on the Golf Course witrh my pop having O/U Club Covers, O/U Coffee Mugs, O/U Ball Caps & an O/U Oklahoma Fans Parking Only Sign where he parks his Pick-Up Truck.

I asked Pop about sex 2 times in my life.

Once when me & Sis still lived at Home.

Once while me and my sister still lived at home.

"Well son, me & your mother feel kinda emabrrased since you & your sister are at home all the time."

The next time a few years back after we had been gone for a long time.

"Well son, your mom is afraid of killing me after having my quadruple bypass and all."

I'm convinced that my parents haven't had sex since my sister was born, back in 1971.

I wonder what has kept them together these past 45, almost 46 years?
                              Last edited by Duke William; 27 Aug 07, 11:28.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X