http://www.globalrichlist.com/
    a brain cell

Originally posted by laszlo.nemedi
    I´m number 359,742,648
    I see why kyoto was unacceptable
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/env_pol_car_dio_199
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/env_co2_emi

Comment

I am among the top 10.68% richest people in the world! 641 203 105 are richer than I am. Guess I have to start acting more like an ******* now...

Comment

im the 645,899,095 richest person in the world thats the top 10.76% not bad I suppose at the beginning level of a career

Comment

Damn, if I'm in the top 5%...why the **** am I so broke all the time?
          Even Jesus will never forgive what you do - Bob Dylan

Comment

#322,977,942 and among the top 5.38%... surprising. Is this thing accurate?

Comment

I feel soooo much better now... and I thought that I was so poor!

I'm still poor but I'm at the top of the Poorhouse stack so I can "live large" and "smile easy"
              Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

Comment

Top 15%. And i live on bare minimum wages(welfare) ATM, suddenly i dont feel so bad, guilty maybe but not poor.
                Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Originally posted by nemo
                  #322,977,942 and among the top 5.38%... surprising. Is this thing accurate?
                  I checked out how much you need to earn to be in the top 50 %: $ 862 a year.

Theres a lot of dirt poor people out there i guess.
                  I see why kyoto was unacceptable
                  http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/env_pol_car_dio_199
                  http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/env_co2_emi

Comment

Well, that's some good news for a change, I'm #38,341,065. Out of 3 billion or so that's not so bad. Now if I can get the IRS and my Ex to stop taking all of it, I'd be sittin' in tall cotton!

As far as how accurate this thing is, I have a favorite saying: " Don't ever believe statistics you did not falsify yourself!"
                    Last edited by jthomas; 23 Jul 04, 11:50.

Comment

It's only income... not wealth that's being measured. Now some people own stuff, others use stuff that the bank owns, but take that into account and the result is: pretty much the same - since the vast majority of the people on earth are living in outrageous conditions. Thus -we need more capitalism in the 3rd world, fast! Still the world is better than ever before. Someone posted about the rift widening between rich and poor - that is crap seen to the overall picture - despite the poverty of the poorest, they are better off than ever before, and catching up. Just let communism sleep please. Give the world a chance.
                      "You can't change the rules in the middle of the game."
                      "Hey, you just made that rule up."

Heil Dicke Bertha!

Comment

It's probably pretty easy to be in the top 20%, simply by not being a subsistance farmer or refugee in Africa, the Sub-continent, or SE Asia.

Comment

pff, I may make $X dollars a year, but my real wealth is in property and shares
                          Now listening too;
                          - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Of course, this doesn't take cost of living into account. Why do you think so many American retirees move to Mexico (or other southern climes) for their retirement? That Social Security check that leaves you in poverty here can let you live quite a luxurious lifestyle in Guatemala.

So... as bad as the wealth curve looks... it isn't really quite as bad as it looks. However, there is no denying that there is a gross maldistribution of wealth in the world and this is going to be the driving geo-political force for the remainder of this century.
                            Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

Comment

Originally posted by RhondaBrwn
                              Of course, this doesn't take cost of living into account. Why do you think so many American retirees move to Mexico (or other southern climes) for their retirement? That Social Security check that leaves you in poverty here can let you live quite a luxurious lifestyle in Guatemala.

Of course living cost sometimes different, but sometimes it means different life quality. To get the same quality is almost the same cost country by country.
                              a brain cell

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                                Prawn heads
                                by Karri
                                How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                                Yesterday, 11:40
                              • Jose50
                                Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                                by Jose50
                                Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                                Yesterday, 08:41
                              • Von Richter
                                Sagittarius Rising...
                                by Von Richter
                                Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                                Yesterday, 01:19
                              Working...
                              X