Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather

As I'm typing this we are under a Thunderstorm and a Flash Flood Warning. This past week we have been getting severe weather and heavy rain. So far this week the power has gone out 5 times which includes the two times it went out this morning. My sister left out a big blue bucket about 2ft x 2ft x 2ft and it is already half full. Pictures of the bucket with the water will be posted tomorrow. To give you an idea of what I'm dealing with right now I have included a animated map. I am by Milwaukee in the SE corner of Washington County which is one left and one more up

Wisconsin Radar

"You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Yep

HMM...I feel your pain
    We have had over 10 inches of rain in a 3 day period. We got 2.81 inches of rain today in 30 minutes.
    My basement is flooded, things are ruined.
    It is supposed to rain for 2 more days and we are to get 4-7 more inches of rain over that time frame. The city of Madison has apparently broken all rainfall records for the month of August by a lot and we have 10 days left.

I spent the last 3 hours shop vacuuming my basement, mopping and moving boxes around and my back is killing me.
    Hey its raining again #@$%@%#$!%@$#%@

Chad
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Here in colorado we have had thunderstorms, lightning and flash flooding almost every day of the week.

This has been a wierder summer than usual - still getting hail in August. Drives the snowbirds with their humongous RV's crazy. Must not hail a lot in Florida...
      Last edited by Mountain Man; 22 Aug 07, 19:53.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Here in Central Ontario (where I am) the weather has been cool, a bit breezy, not enough rain actually, the heat buggered off about 5 days after I installed my new A/C (the town better appreciate me paying 200 bucks to end the heat wave eh ).

Over all, the weather has been NICE ie no hurricanes, flooding, heavy rain, record heat waves. Aside from being a bit hot just a bit too long for me a couple of weeks back, I would have to say, I live in one of the climatically most pleasant places on the planet.

There is a downside though. The theatre sucks, there isn't a Mandarin in town, not one nice place to go dancing, not even one nice bar to get a drink with a buddy. This town is soooo boring for the most part. The industry has almost all vanished. There isn't any decent transportation options like rail communting.

In this town, the only thing we have too much of is drug trafficing so I am told. Nice place if you are a drug type I guess. Doesn't do anything for me though.

Probably easy to get insurance here, it's not like much ever happens.
        I feel sorry for people in places Florida though. Price they pay for some sunny warm dirt at the edge of the Atlantic.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Been the opposite here . . .

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
          Here in colorado we have had thunderstorms, lightning and flash flooding almost every day of the week.

This has been a wierder summer than usual - still getting hail in August. Drives the snowbirds with their humongous RV's crazy. Must not hail a lot in Florida...
          The two inches we got in the past week isn't enough to save anything. All the crops have been written off. Anything that wasn't irrigated is dead. We're still 5 - 8 inches low for the summer, the resevoirs are low, and fall is usually pretty dry here. Forcast for the weekend - sunny, mid to upper 90's.

I heard on the news this morning about some Ohio towns being nearly evacuated because of flooding. All you folks in the mid-West stay high and we'll be pulling for you.
          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

hey N_N look further south...we are getting what you aint! And are under flashfloods tornado the whole bit right now...5 days of rain dont know how much we got but enough!
            Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
            In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
            Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Some local farmers in this region likely are in need of more rain as well. I am suspecting some local crops might have been lost to the length of dryness.
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Well it looks like we're not out of the blue yet. They are saying that this is going to continue for the rest of the week. I checked my backyard as I was cooking chicken breasts on the grill and we have it worse then the neighbors around us because we have an hill at the edge of our property and all the water ends up coming into our lawn. It's like a mini pond out there.
                "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

Comment

"Some local farmers in this region likely are in need of more rain as well. I am suspecting some local crops might have been lost to the length of dryness."

You can have our rain. It pretty much hasnt stopped raining all summer. Its the coolest wettest summer I can remember. Its below 70 degrees and raining as I write. Normally this time of year its over 80 degrees and sunny.

Comment

Well here are the pics that I promised and two videos that I've added in as well.

Weather pics

Comment

Well that was wierd . . .

My wife is visiting her mother in SW Michigan. All the stuff that rolled through Chicago earlier today has been hitting them as well. They've collected the pets and moved into the basement to ride out the storms.

They lost power a little after 5 PM so they've been calling me by cell phone so I can tell them what the radar looks like. I just gave them the all clear.
                      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Ditto for craziness here in Pittsburgh, PA. (You may remember my thread from a couple weeks ago.)

Lately, it's been alternating between torrential downpours with thunder and lightning, and blisteringly hot and muggy with temps *and* relative humidity around 90 (degrees and percent, respectively).

Bizarre, and not at all pleasant.
                        "I am not an atomic playboy."
                        Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X