How Does A Microwave Oven Work?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Does A Microwave Oven Work?????

And if one could have been designed & built in The 13th Century, how would it have been designed to work properly?

I believe that the microwaves move the water paticles around in the food very fast.

This movement creates heat.
    Publisher
    Armchair General Magazine
    Weider History Group

Comment

Originally posted by Duke William View Post
      And if one could have been designed & built in The 13th Century, how would it have been designed to work properly?
      Huh?

First of all, if a microwave oven COULD have been designed and built in the 13th century, you would likely be asking this question by telepathy, as humans would now be of the "hive-mind" variety..Oh, and Ahnold would be president!...
      Last edited by CPangracs; 20 Aug 07, 11:42.

Comment

I once thought of a new sort of weapon of mass destruction: a giant microwave-oven !!!! Imagine it....

Sorry for my sadistic urge...but once in a while I just can't control myself...

As for the thirteenth century question...If they had microwave ovens in those days...imagine how we would warm up our food nowdays then in the 21ste century ???????

Greets,
        Stratego
        Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
          I once thought of a new sort of weapon of mass destruction: a giant microwave-oven !!!! Imagine it....
          They did this already. It was called the Neutron Bomb

Comment

A favorite gag when I worked in radar was to casually warn new crew chiefs and BB stackers to stay away from the plane when the antenna was tracking. We would wait for the newbie to pass and manually follow his every move. Ever see a step van lay rubber?

Psst! Duke! If you want to replace Skypilot, you need to add footnotes.
            All questions are valid, all answers are tentative.

Comment

"I am not an atomic playboy."
              Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

It was the Italians!

A water molecule is composed of three atoms [one oxygen and two hydrogen] and has a slight variation in charge forming a dipole. In an EM field it will flip to align itself with the field at a natual frequency of around 2.4 GHz. A microwave oven generates a 2.4 GHz field in the oven causing the water molecules in the food [or whatever] flip back and forth 2.4 billion times a second.

The microwave was probably invented by an obscure Italian monk in the late 13th century named Waffelli Commo. Unfortunately it took another six hundred years to invent the extension cord so he had to boil his macaroni like everyone else.

[Did I go a long way for that one or what?]
                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Ok what I want to know, is what is he drinking or smoking, or drink AND smoking?

First off, even a doofus can google the answer to how they work Duke

As for the 13th Century question, hmm I think back then, getting it to work properly would have required you discover how to apply electricity first Then you'd need to invent all the little details like wall sockets hehe.

Oh, and you'd need really strong doors on your home, and bars on your windows etc to keep the loonies from breaking in so they could burn you at the stake for the Heretic you obviously are, consorting with the devil and all and using evil devil worhiping witch craft powers hehe
                  Life is change. Built models for decades.
                  Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                  I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

The Flintstones would have accomplished this by putting a monkey on a wheel to provide kinetic energy and then use some form of fire for the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
                      Ok what I want to know, is what is he drinking or smoking, or drink AND smoking?

First off, even a doofus can google the answer to how they work Duke

As for the 13th Century question, hmm I think back then, getting it to work properly would have required you discover how to apply electricity first Then you'd need to invent all the little details like wall sockets hehe.

Oh, and you'd need really strong doors on your home, and bars on your windows etc to keep the loonies from breaking in so they could burn you at the stake for the Heretic you obviously are, consorting with the devil and all and using evil devil worhiping witch craft powers hehe
                      I came up with the idea after reading about somebosy else's thread about The Decline & Fall of The Roman Empire in the Alternative History section.

It sounded like an interesting topic to discuss.

Oh yeah, I'm Type II Diabetic, so that may have something to do with it too.

Comment

I've often thought it would be nice to live way back when, but just to escape the crap of right here and now mainly.

But it always comes down to how to bring certain needs from here, to there hehe.
                        Life is change. Built models for decades.
                        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Seeing as we are talking baout hte 13th centuary here....

A Microwave works by WITCHCRAFT! Burn the Witch!

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post

Must resist...
                          Winnie says
                          ---------------------------------
                          "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
                          Herr Flick.

Comment

Well my sister found this by accident while on a game site. It's pretty cool to see what happens when you put certain things in a microwave. I especially like the Christmas Lights.

http://www.addictinggames.com/easymacmicromaniac.html
                            "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

The microwave was discovered by a scientist working for Ratheon who was found of Hershey bars. He noticed that whenever he was around a particular testbench emitter, his Hershey bar melted in his shirt pocket...

When he figured out why, the Radar Range Oven was born. Scary...
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X