These are Crayons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are Crayons?

Don Marco was born in Northern Minnesota in the late 1920's. He was interested in art even before starting school. He began his career as an Air Traffic Controller in the Army Air Corp and retired from Honolulu International Airport in 1973. Much of his spare time was spent as a professional artist.

Don started developing a technique for creating fine art with Crayola Crayons. Shortly after retiring, he published his first print. His work drew attention in southern California, including commissions from Burt Reynolds and a one-man show at his Dinner Theater in Florida.

The artist Don Marco, Mr. Crayola

Bert Reynolds

Tom Selleck

Sioux Warrior

Seascape

River Elk

Quigley

Navajo Meeting

Mountain Man

James Arness

High Country Morning

Geronimo

To be continued...
    All questions are valid, all answers are tentative.

Good stuff kentek, as an artist myself these crayon pics don't surprise me... but you always admire them!
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
    Bukowski

Comment

Basically Crayons are oil pastels, one of my favorite mediums. Great artwork!!
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Pretty good work for Crayons
        Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
        In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
        Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Originally posted by panzermacher View Post
          Pretty good work for Crayons
          Agreed
          "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Whoa....crayons.....thats pretty impressive, wish I could do that in 1st grade!
            I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

That's beyond impressive actually, I've tried getting a common crayon to cooperate, and they really have no inherent desire to do so

Pencil crayons of artist grade are not very cooperative either.

But those pictures almost look like oil based which is sure surprising.
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I wish I could create War battles with crayons like that.
                "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X