Languages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Languages

I'm just curious how many languages(besides English of course)and of what type,you can speak......

I know English,French,Hungarian,a little German

well, not all that much.

English,French,(very little)Russian and Spanish, +German, of course.
    "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
    which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
    The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
    returned to its home base."

Comment

Originally posted by Victor1234
      I'm just curious how many languages(besides English of course)and of what type,you can speak......

I know English,French,Hungarian,a little German
      Hey I thought I have monopoly on Hungarian here
      (Where is your Hungarian coming from?)

me:
      Hungarian, some English, little German and Russian...
      a brain cell

Comment

English, Japanese (reading, writing, speaking) and trying to get more German under my linguistic belt
        Legion's ASL AARs

Comment

Dutch, German[speach is pretty much okay but writing not], english and a little french
          Last edited by screamer; 18 Jul 04, 09:21.
          French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

English(Americanized), And pieces of Spanish and German(Written mainly)
            "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

Several forms of English, kliene Deutsche, I took two years of Spanish and it immediatly escaped me. I need to refresh but I just don't do Spanish well.

Comment

English, a little Spanish (can read it better than can speak), a little Swahili but not much (lived in Kenya for 5 yrs.)

I wish my grandparents on my mothers side had lived long enough to teach me Hungarian but they didn't and my mother only knows a little

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Just English really.

Can understand a bit of written French.

Latin I did in School so there is a bit knocking around inside the old memory still.

At the moment I am trying to improve my Irish big time.

So far it has been an enjoyable experience, unlike school, which was a nightmare!
                  http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Hello,

I know American English, American Sign Language (which is counted as a foreign language in America ) and Spanish languages.

Dan
                    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

English mainly, some Spanish and German.

Comment

Mother tongues : spanish and french
                        Read both languages as well as english and italian. Speak and write all of the above, with various degrees of fluency.
                        Have learnt German up to college - still can read it (even if a dictionary could come in handy from time to time), would be laughed at if I tried to speak or write it. I can undertstand what is going on in front of written dutch or portuguese.
                        My latin is too rusty to mention...
                        Last edited by nemo; 19 Jul 04, 09:06.

Comment

I know German, French and Russian, and of course Scandinavian languages are no problem. The older I get, the more I forget. In the end, I will only command the language of heroes and glory, er that is Swedish!
                          "You can't change the rules in the middle of the game."
                          "Hey, you just made that rule up."

Heil Dicke Bertha!

Comment

fluent Russian, Chechen, Indonesian, only basic in Hebrew and Spanish.
                            Now listening too;
                            - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

English, job-site Spanish, household Thai, and war-buff German.
                              I could probably survive in any of those three foreign countries if left on my own, but by no means would I say I "speak" those languages. I took a total of 4 1/2 years of German in junior high through junior college but failed so miserably that that's what it took to satisfy my very basic foreign language requirement for my chemistry degree. I probably know the most Spanish because of pure exposure: "Aguadar herremientas, vamanos para la casa!"
                              ...a man that can stand up for a principle and sit down on his own stool.
                              -the Firesign Theatre

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X