This Week's Sign of the Apocalypse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Week's Sign of the Apocalypse

The wife is watching Oprah. Today's show features a "Dog Life Coach". WTF is a "dog life coach"? Didn't those used to be called trainers? Man, what people pay for nowadays.

Any other signs that the world is going down the toilet? Just curious as to what other stupidity will be thought of as a real job.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Mobile Coffee bars.

yes there's a company that has loaded a coffee bar into a van and drives around the offices, and charge inflated coffee bar prices pumped up even more by the need to pay for he vehicles and the drivers.

Do we not have kettles in the building? Kettle + cup= Coffee.

Add to that Coffee is a heathen's drink.
    Winnie says
    ---------------------------------
    "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
    Herr Flick.

Comment

Dog life coach!?!?!? ROFL!!
      "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

I'll add "reality tv" to your list.

Hell even the label RTS is more accurate than "reality tv".

And the saddest part, people actually watch reality tv enough to make it work.

No wonder people have trouble with the truth, and believe anything they hear on tv.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

another one,

People who come up to a door they just went out of, and then can't get in because the door handle is too complex along with the big assed sign at eye height saying "Pull" who then stand there look at me through the window looking all confused as to how the evil door could have defeated them.

(I'm talking at you blonde woman today at work!)
          Winnie says
          "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
          Herr Flick.

Comment

Listy, bad day at work or what?

Comment

Originally posted by revans View Post
              Didn't those used to be called trainers? Man, what people pay for nowadays.

Any other signs that the world is going down the toilet? Just curious as to what other stupidity will be thought of as a real job.

Yes. Perhaps this thread should be merged with the "What is wrong with the UK" thread and the Harry Potter counseling thread, under the title of "diseases of the indulged".

Comment

This Week's Sign of the Apocalypse

The Stair-Master. Go the **** outside!
                Last edited by Paul Mann III; 16 Aug 07, 17:08.
                "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                  another one,

People who come up to a door they just went out of, and then can't get in because the door handle is too complex along with the big assed sign at eye height saying "Pull" who then stand there look at me through the window looking all confused as to how the evil door could have defeated them.
                  I worked for a RolePlaying/TableTop/ScaleModel store, and you'd think the customers would be strong readers, right. Our door only worked one way, and had a sign to that affect on each side (pull/push). I loved to watch the dummies (regulars, too) bang headfirst into the door going both in and out. Even rats learn after awhile.

Nothing so smart or so stupid as Mankind....
                  Last edited by Paul Mann III; 16 Aug 07, 17:16.
                  "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

I've got another one. The lost art of the simultaneous left turn. Right turn I guess in England. Okay, you've got a two lane road with a stop light. Both cars at each side of the light are turning left, and they freakin' SIT THERE until the other one makes a move. 9 times out of 10, one will go and the other one just sits there. So now you have to wait until the light changes again. People, you are both making a left, you won't hit each other. For God sakes, go! Use the gas pedal!

Comment

Pulled up to the drive-up window of a bank in Scranton. Instructions for the pneumatic tube included braille.

Think about that one.
                      ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                      ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Paris Hilton is Headline News.
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Breaking News: SkyPilotUU is really G.W. Bush!!!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure SkyPilot is the President....

BoRG

Comment

Listy, bad day at work or what?
                            I have a whole raft of silly questions/funny stories to do with work.

The door mentioned above is emplaced in a two story glass frontage of the building. I sit behind said huge window, at a desk.
                            One female came out of the lift and up to me at said desk and asked "What floor is this?"
                            Winnie says

It was an Accident."
                            Herr Flick.

Comment

I've got another one. The lost art of the simultaneous left turn. Right turn I guess in England. Okay, you've got a two lane road with a stop light. Both cars at each side of the light are turning left, and they freakin' SIT THERE until the other one makes a move. 9 times out of 10, one will go and the other one just sits there. So now you have to wait until the light changes again. People, you are both making a left, you won't hit each other. For God sakes, go! Use the gas pedal!
                              People do that here at 4 way stop signs. They wait until somebody gets angry and starts beeping.
                              "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X