Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think, I might be on to something here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think, I might be on to something here...

In China, recycled plastic of all types is re-melted ,by a furnise, back in a raw material and sold to other places as "pre-used" plastic. Much of the people who work there complain that the furnice exspells air that isn't friendly to man-kind. And I think I have the solution:
    Gather all the plastic and place in a tub of water so hot the plastic melts, than add a tube inside the tub that the plastic runs through. The tube leads from a machine that grinds up the plastic into fine grains(or whatever)than forces it through the tube that is submerged in the water, and finally the tube come out of the other end of the tub and into a tub of much cooler water and after a certain amout of plastic has come out of the tube, it will be cut off and allowed to cool for about 45 to 50 seconds. Than the plastic is taken out of the water, cut to a certain length and a certain height, than packaged and shipped, and any excess plastic that came off when it was be cut to size, simpley goes back into the grinder and does thw whole process over again.

Yeah, I'm REALLY bored...
    Last edited by comm. waffle; 16 Aug 07, 13:22.
    I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

I'l try and add a drawing sooner or later..
    I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Well the question is, does plastic melt at 99 celsius water...because you know what happens when water gets hotter than that.
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

If it helps, ABS plastic melts at 232 degrees celsius (450 degrees fahrenheit).

I know this as I am a LEGO freak.

Making of a Brick.

Dunno about other plastic types though.

Dr. S.
        Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
          Well the question is, does plastic melt at 99 celsius water...because you know what happens when water gets hotter than that.
          Umm, if my transposing are as they used to be last year, 99 C is around... a hell of a lot hotter than my thermostat. The water isn't distiled because it gets really unstable after it reaches the boiling point and any thing that touches it turns the water into a bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
            Umm, if my transposing are as they used to be last year, 99 C is around... a hell of a lot hotter than my thermostat. The water isn't distiled because it gets really unstable after it reaches the boiling point and any thing that touches it turns the water into a bomb.
            T. go get some sleep.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
              T. go get some sleep.
              No....I'm running of Mountain Dew, tell me what happens to water at 99 C......please? I won't try it at home! I promise

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
                No....I'm running of Mountain Dew, tell me what happens to water at 99 C......please? I won't try it at home! I promise
                100 degrees C == 212 degrees F
                "I am not an atomic playboy."
                Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
                  100 degrees C == 212 degrees F
                  don't beat around the bush, just telll me.

Comment

I have a hunch your idea may be flawed, then.
                    "I am not an atomic playboy."
                    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
                      I have a hunch your idea may be flawed, then.
                      I got a back up, just tell me damn it

Comment

It boils. You no longer have water, you have steam.
                        Wisdom is personal

Comment

And steam heats up the plastic which burns people so don't touch it. I had to experience it the hard way.

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
                          If it helps, ABS plastic melts at 232 degrees celsius (450 degrees fahrenheit).

I know this as I am a LEGO freak.

Making of a Brick.

Dunno about other plastic types though.

Dr. S.
                          So Doctor. Sinister got any new lego projects in the near future.
                          "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Not that original . . .

There are several US companies making various products out of unsorted recycled plastics at the moment. If you go to any of the big-box home stores you can by plastic decking "lumber" and never have to restain your deck again.
                            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                              There are several US companies making various products out of unsorted recycled plastics at the moment. If you go to any of the big-box home stores you can by plastic decking "lumber" and never have to restain your deck again.
                              Hate the stuff, gets crazy hot in the summer

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X