Quick Weight Loss Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Weight Loss Tips?

I'm fat... While below army standards, I'm still fat, around 190lbs at 69'. I need too loose weight and fast before I head out. This is rather embarrassing being a 26 year old former Marine, but I did it too myself after all.

Anyone have any useful tips they could pass on?

Originally posted by Marines View Post
    I'm fat... While below army standards, I'm still fat, around 190lbs at 69'. I need too loose weight and fast before I head out. This is rather embarrassing being a 26 year old former Marine, but I did it too myself after all.

This is a serious tip from an old soldier who always had to be taped, but was always well below BF standards.

1. 5 or 6 Eat small meals a day

2. Drink LOTS of water...at least 64 ounces, and that's BEFORE working out!

3. Lift weights! Go for medium weights, as many reps as you can, and do all your body parts in a circuit over 45 minutes or so. do this 2-3 times per week with at least 48 hours between workouts.

4. Walk or run for 30-45 mins/day to keep your metabolism up.

5. Do NOT try to spot reduce by doing crunches, just add them to your regular routine.

6. Be advised that the first place you will normally start losing size is where you least want it...in the neck and arms. Any belly fat will take awhile.

If you are worried about strictly losing weight instead of body fat, there are "flushes" out there that are comprised of drinking a special drink along with water and other stuff, but they are temporary, and can be dangerous to some people with heart problems. Whatever you do, do it smart, pop a multivitamin every day, and did I mention drink lots of water?

Comment

Re-enlist
      I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
        This is a serious tip from an old soldier who always had to be taped, but was always well below BF standards.

1. 5 or 6 Eat small meals a day

2. Drink LOTS of water...at least 64 ounces, and that's BEFORE working out!

3. Lift weights! Go for medium weights, as many reps as you can, and do all your body parts in a circuit over 45 minutes or so. do this 2-3 times per week with at least 48 hours between workouts.

4. Walk or run for 30-45 mins/day to keep your metabolism up.

5. Do NOT try to spot reduce by doing crunches, just add them to your regular routine.

6. Be advised that the first place you will normally start losing size is where you least want it...in the neck and arms. Any belly fat will take awhile.

If you are worried about strictly losing weight instead of body fat, there are "flushes" out there that are comprised of drinking a special drink along with water and other stuff, but they are temporary, and can be dangerous to some people with heart problems. Whatever you do, do it smart, pop a multivitamin every day, and did I mention drink lots of water?
        Okay here's the deal, Curt. I'm below army standards when it comes to overall weight, however, it's a different story when it concerns body fat. I'm still what you'd consider skinny I spose, but the beer and delicious non-military food has murdered my mid-section. I'm down too one meal a day, which is a salad of course. I'm running, but the old cancer sticks have limited that a bit. Any advice for me... if say... a weigh in is too occur on Friday...

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
          Re-enlist
          I did... in the ARMY... as a 19K. Prior service enlistment option that is.

Comment

Don't know about fast, but for effective I can recommend
            http://tbkfitness.org

Besides what you're already doing and what others have suggested, I'll just add this: eat breakfast. After drinking a couple glasses of water in the morning, eat a good breakfast with some protein (e.g., steak and/or eggs). Add fruit (grapefruit is especially good for weight loss) if you like, or veggies if you can stand 'em in the morning.

It's amazing what starting the day with a real breakfast can do for you.

And don't eat anything starchy! No bread, pasta, pastries, or anything like that. Steer clear of milk and cheese too, and beans. Don't use sugar or any sweeteners either.
            --Patrick Carroll

"Do all you have agreed to do, and do not encroach on other persons or their property." (Richard Maybury)

Comment

Okay here's the deal, Curt. I'm below army standards when it comes to overall weight, however, it's a different story when it concerns body fat. I'm still what you'd consider skinny I spose, but the beer and delicious non-military food has murdered my mid-section. I'm down too one meal a day, which is a salad of course. I'm running, but the old cancer sticks have limited that a bit. Any advice for me... if say... a weigh in is too occur on Friday...
              Well, here's the deal...if you are within Army Height/Weight standards, you shouldn't be getting body fat tested, unless that's changed. I remember hearing something around the time I retired that commanders were going to be given the option of taping someone who LOOKS overweight.

Keep in mind, Bryan, that there are MANY overweight soldiers on active duty right now, because during war, the weight standards mean diddly. You will likely be given time to get to a certain BF %, if it comes to that.

If you are in the HT/WT standards, go in, get weighed, and keep your gut sucked-in the best you can. I'm assuming you can weigh 186? that's fairly easy to do...

If you need to lose a few pounds before Friday, go to one of those "flush" programs like the "Hollywood" diet, take a multivitamin, and sip on water throughout the day to keep hydrated, then, tomorrow night, don't drink anything after 5pm, go sit in the sauna for a bit and sweat-out a pound, but you should find yourself close to 180 by weigh-in on Friday.

If at any time you feel your heart pounding in a weird fashion, sip some water and relax a bit, maybe eat a banana or even a few small pretzels with salt.

Comment

Drink coffee. Don't eat. Smoke.
                Wisdom is personal

Comment

Well, here's the deal...if you are within Army Height/Weight standards, you shouldn't be getting body fat tested, unless that's changed. I remember hearing something around the time I retired that commanders were going to be given the option of taping someone who LOOKS overweight.

Keep in mind, Bryan, that there are MANY overweight soldiers on active duty right now, because during war, the weight standards mean diddly. You will likely be given time to get to a certain BF %, if it comes to that.

If you are in the HT/WT standards, go in, get weighed, and keep your gut sucked-in the best you can. I'm assuming you can weigh 186? that's fairly easy to do...

If you need to lose a few pounds before Friday, go to one of those "flush" programs like the "Hollywood" diet, take a multivitamin, and sip on water throughout the day to keep hydrated, then, tomorrow night, don't drink anything after 5pm, go sit in the sauna for a bit and sweat-out a pound, but you should find yourself close to 180 by weigh-in on Friday.

This is what I get for stopping the gym routine some months back.

If at any time you feel your heart pounding in a weird fashion, sip some water and relax a bit, maybe eat a banana or even a few small pretzels with salt.
                  Honestly, I'm fairly skinny, though not in shape as all my fat is probably beer related and located... well you know! But I'm not big on the "heart-popper" diets. However, given the fact that I'm down too the wire here, what exact GNC product would you rec.?

Last edited by Marines; 15 Aug 07, 12:03.

Comment

Honestly, I'm fairly skinny, though not in shape as all my fat is probably beer related and located... well you know! But I'm not big on the "heart-popper" diets. However, given the fact that I'm down too the wire here, what exact GNC product would you rec.?

Sorry, Bryan, I can't help you. The flushing won't kill you if you only do it for 3 days. Short of you going in and getting liposuction tomorrow, it ain't gonna happen.

Try the tips I gave you...that's the safest way you can lose around 4-6 pounds by Friday.

Comment

Sorry, Bryan, I can't help you. The flushing won't kill you if you only do it for 3 days. Short of you going in and getting liposuction tomorrow, it ain't gonna happen.

Try the tips I gave you...that's the safest way you can lose around 4-6 pounds by Friday.
                      Yeah roger that Top! If you'll excuse me, I'm going to put on some sweats and sit in the 104+ degree weather.

Comment

And...you're fat?

Just kidding...good luck with your exercises.

Dan
                        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Quick Weight Loss Tips from the Ghetto

Combine powder Cocaine with baking soda, water, and a bit of ether. Heat 'till milky. Let cool. Remove Rock. Smoke. Repeat as needed. Try not to rob the 7-11.

Requires a diet of Ramen Noodles and Malt Liquor too work properly...

"This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by P.V. Mann III View Post
                            Combine powder Cocaine with baking soda, water, and a bit of ether. Heat 'till milky. Let cool. Remove Rock. Smoke. Repeat as needed.
                            Why did this post not surprise me one bit?

Try not to rob the 7-11.
                            The voice of experience?

Comment

Originally posted by P.V. Mann III View Post
                              Combine powder Cocaine with baking soda, water, and a bit of ether. Heat 'till milky. Let cool. Remove Rock. Smoke. Repeat as needed. Try not to rob the 7-11.

Requires a diet of Ramen Noodles and Malt Liquor too work properly...

That's actually not a bad idea...

Cocaine usage burns fat cells at an unprecedented rate. It also cooks your brain and kills heart tissue on contact once in the blood stream. Which could explain why many first time users simply die of cardiac arrest within the first 15 minutes of ingestion.

I've just run a total of 2.8 miles with a 36 pound pack on my back. I almost died. I have too quit smoking.

Now, do you have anything helpful too add other than spamming this thread?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X