Pirateship's Vacation Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirateship's Vacation Pics!

This will come in multiple installments so it will take a bit to ge them all up. I shall start with the Battleship Wisconsin, moored next to the Nauticus Museum.....

Whew - finally got the battleship pics up after 30 minutes of gladiatorial combat with google's hapless page design system. You know how you can click on images to see them full size? On google page design this function will randomly fail when you are setting up your web page. Took me forever to get these pics set up.

But enough about me: here are the Battleship pics. More will follow including a pic of the mythical pirateship himself.

Last edited by Pirateship1982; 14 Aug 07, 13:56.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Awesome pics, love'em, thanks for sharing. And that ship sure is huge!
    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

If you look very closely at the first one, you can see a battleship right near the middle of the picture.
      "I am not an atomic playboy."
      Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Here's some more from the Godspeed at Jamestown:

All Hail the Supreme Grand Lord Admiral of the S. Inc. Imperial Fleet! Does he really look like "Mikey"?

The Grand Lord Admiral examines possibilities for the new S. Inc. Imperial Fleet Dress Uniform. Is maroon the new black?

A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by pirateship1982 View Post
          This will come in multiple installments so it will take a bit to ge them all up. I shall start with the Battleship Wisconsin, moored next to the Nauticus Museum.....

Whew - finally got the battleship pics up after 30 minutes of gladiatorial combat with google's hapless page design system. You know how you can click on images to see them full size? On google page design this function will randomly fail when you are setting up your web page. Took me forever to get these pics set up.

But enough about me: here are the Battleship pics. More will follow including a pic of the mythical pirateship himself.

Outstanding pictures! What is her current status? Is she to be forevermore a museum ship, or will she be placed back into mothballs?
          "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Simply terrific , thanks for your time and effort pirate!!!
            SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
              Outstanding pictures! What is her current status? Is she to be forevermore a museum ship, or will she be placed back into mothballs?
              Sheesh, with these huge pictures I'm posting, quoting me may not be the best idea!

The scuttlebutt I heard from the guys on deck is that she is an active ship (there are still many parts you can't visit) but will remain at the museum. This wasn't a one stop holdover, she has been moored at the Nauticus for some time now and is an official exhibit.

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                Simply terrific , thanks for your time and effort pirate!!!
                More to come tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                  And that ship sure is huge!
                  I've been on several battleships and each time I step on one it never ceases to amaze me how absolutely HUGE these things are.

Comment

Did you do any of the Harbor tours or visit Ft Wool or Monroe?

http://www.hrnm.navy.mil/wisconsin.html

HP
                    Last edited by Half Pint John; 14 Aug 07, 16:07.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

It's not right, it's just not right, my fav battleship sits on the bottom of the ocean floor in pieces, while this one gets to sit on display, it's just not right.

Nice pictures by the way.

Comment

Awesome pics pirateship1982. I think the next trip that I take will be to see the U.S.S Wisconsin, the ship named after my homestate. Oh yeah and to see some other cool sites too.
                        "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
                          If you look very closely at the first one, you can see a battleship right near the middle of the picture.
                          Look even closer. The sign reads: Battleship Parking Only.
                          ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                          ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Nice group of pics, Pirateship! Thanks for sharing.
                            ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                            ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
                              Awesome pics pirateship1982. I think the next trip that I take will be to see the U.S.S Wisconsin, the ship named after my homestate. Oh yeah and to see some other cool sites too.
                              IF you get down that way you should go to the Mariners Museum in Newport News were they are restoring the USS Monitor. It's only about 2 miles off of I 64 and offers an excellent collection of maritime history.

http://www.mariner.org/educationalad/ageofex/

http://www.mariner.org/exhibitions/ussmonitorcenter/

HP
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X