Lightning Never...And Other Nonsense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning Never...And Other Nonsense.

Not only does it strike twice, but it has struck us three times.

I just got up and running with an entirely new system after the latest lightning strike fried my computer including the mother board and the whole system including the broadband modem and three telephones in the house.

I'vwe heard of having "lead in your pencil", but I must have a copper rod stuck somewhere else...

Maybe I should hire oput to re-charge batteries.

Welcome back mate!
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
    Mark Twain.

Comment

Thank you kindly. I missed this group.

Comment

Gotta tree out on the farm that has been struck repeatedly since I was a child. (5-7 times) It has been reduced to little more than a burnt out stump. One of these days I'm gonna get the backhoe out there & start diggin to see what I find.

It's good to see ya back up & runnin, MM!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Thanks Admiral - but I must say it's getting hard on the wallet. And it's getting really hard to find new systems that still run WinXP.

Comment

I feel for you MM. Had the same thing happen to me. Lost the modem, phone line junction box, electrical box and so on. The only saving grace that day was I was using my wireless lap top when it hit.

Insurance company told me that the tale of lightening never striking twice is just that. A tale.

Good to see ya back
            ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
            ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Nice to see ya back MM Sorry to hear all the troubles though.....
              Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
              In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
              Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Welcome back MM.
                "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                  And it's getting really hard to find new systems that still run WinXP.
                  Hey, if you are not using your computer to play games, migrate to Linux. Ubuntu is a good distribution for beginners (in case you haven't got any experience)
                  Echo de menos mi isla.

Comment

Thanks, everyone. There was some good news, though - at least I got a new system and a flatscreen out of it.

But I am thinking of changing my avatar to Sparky...

Comment

Welcome back, MM. Slug and I figured you were fighting off hordes of vacationers because everyone we know seems to have gone to Colorado this summer.
                      Love. Where does it come from?
                      from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Welcome back MM! After loosing my computer this summer, my heart goes out to anyone that has difficulties with the things!

Comment

Hmm I have been trying (more or less unsuccessful) to limit my time online. But, now that it is made apparent, yeah, there did seem to be a lot less MM on the forums.

Hope this new system survives a lot longer MM
                          Life is change. Built models for decades.
                          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Glad to see you back, my sister had the same thing happen. The insurance company paid for all the damage done to her tv, stereo, phones. Hope yours did too?
                            Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Welcome back, MM. What did you end up getting?

I'm jealous already. Trying to convice my wife to upgrade our 7 year old system.
                              All questions are valid, all answers are tentative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X