Global Warming a Myth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Warming a Myth?

A friend said he was reading a cience magizine and it stated that 2 German scientists discovered that Global Waming is NOT reality. Anyone, can you confirm this?

No its not that "BIGFOOT MARRIED TO RUSSIAN? ALIEN GIVES BIRTH TO BUSH?" kind of crap magizine.
    I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

The Doctor will take care of this topic....
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
      The Doctor will take care of this topic....
      When I said 'anyone' I meant him...
      I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

He's taken care of it so many times already, you'd be better off just doing a forum search to save him the redundant effort. But, hey... that's just me opinion, enh...

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
          He's taken care of it so many times already, you'd be better off just doing a forum search to save him the redundant effort. But, hey... that's just me opinion, enh...

When has my opionin ever been recommended? I'm like the village idoit!

(With the exceptoin of SkyPilotUU)

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
            When has my opionin ever been recommended? I'm like the village idoit!

(With the exceptoin of SkyPilotUU)
            The forum clown??
            If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

I personally don't think "global warming" ranks up there with "the world is flat" personally.

But, if all the "global warming is bull" lobby are correct. oh well, it just means I can leave my A/C unit running full on, and I can leave the lights on regardless if I need them on, I can use as much power as I want basically, because, why worry, humanity isn't having ANY effect on the environment right?

Let's see, might as well make gas gulping vehicles, because hey, it doesn't really matter, as it isn't having any harmful effect right? That smog isn't really THAT dangerous.

Let's chop all the trees down, because, who needs em right? Not like they are really doing anything important eh. And the land is better used to grown Big Macs.

Let's just dump refuse in the oceans, because, hell, it's just plankton eh.

But remember, when the planet is screwed, I want you to be blaming the right people. It won't be my fault. Nope, it will be the fault of all the people that fought so hard to convince ya all, that it isn't real
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Besides, the GOP sponsored research groups now say smog has vitamins.

Comment

Your entire statement is a straw man, Aries... nobody here is sayin that cleaning up the air, the water, using less energy, developing cleaner power source, replenishing forests as they are used, etc, etc, etc... is not a good & desirable thing.

Not even The Doctor!

He & others have simply shown the ignorance or semantical arrogance of those that chant the 'Global Warming' mantra as though Mother Nature herself is so fragile as to have been much threatened by mankind, thus far, & so easily bent to destruction by humans any time real soon - or ever in the existence of humankind. She'll still be here & turning - even if we nuked ourselves from her surface. She's been through far worse than anything that mankind has ever collectively done to her, thus far - this all on her own.

In fact, most that don't buy the GW myth are actually just as ecologically minded as those that ignorantly do buy into the semantical hype of 'Global Warming' as a means to 'Save the Planet'. This, just because living in a clean environment makes sense. Not because they believe we're actually killing Mother Nature herself - a massive underestimation of her, I'd add - but because it is desirable & a good thing to do anyway.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
                    The forum clown??
                    I prefer "The Youngest Brother" .

He ask questions, wanting to learn. I like this much more than what usually comes from most teens.

HP
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Sino says...

1. I just read an article in the latest Discover magazine. Can't remember the nationality of the author (Svenmarsk); best guess is Danish. He and his buds found a very strong correlation between sun spot activity and cloud structure. They were quite surprised by this. But certainly cloud structure effects the sort of things we blame on global warming. And there's certainly no doubt of the power and cyclicality of sun spots.

2. My basic problem with the warming thing is extrapolation from very little, very noisy, very poorly measured data. We have very little precise wide ranging measurements of key weather parameters. And the further one delves into the past the more uncertain the data becomes. You can look at ice core samples from 10,000 years ago and figure out rough things. But they sure can't support one saying the temp was 23.4 in year x and 23.7 one year later. There is just of paucity of good data to use to try and model/predict an incredibly complex; ever changing system.

3. But it all comes down to George Bush. If Al Gore had been President none of this would've happened: things would be cooling off, China and India wouldn't be pumping out far more greenhouse gases than the 1st world folks, etc. And, of course, that bridge in Minnesota would still be standing!
                      Last edited by Sino Invasion; 14 Aug 07, 19:20.
                      Save America!! Impeach Obama!!

Comment

As always, I believe the truth is somewhere in between the two extremes. Over time the Earth cools and warms up. It is not an exact science, because the more we learn, the more we realise we can't know all the factors. All I can say for sure is the Gulf of Mexico is getting more water and the beaches are way inland of where they were when I was younger. Once the break through the last barrier ridge (chenier), the Gulf is going to turn Cameron and Vermillion Parishes from large marshes to barrier islands (compare to Padre Island off Texas). The surf is right up to the Chenier now.

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Yes let's clean up anyway, it's just a good idea. However, we ought to prioritize the clean up, and let's not overlook some small things that can make a big difference.

My problem is with the "deep green" movement that want to de-industrialize society, and probably cause millions of deaths in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                            Your entire statement is a straw man, Aries... nobody here is sayin that cleaning up the air, the water, using less energy, developing cleaner power source, replenishing forests as they are used, etc, etc, etc... is not a good & desirable thing.

Not even The Doctor!

He & others have simply shown the ignorance or semantical arrogance of those that chant the 'Global Warming' mantra as though Mother Nature herself is so fragile as to have been much threatened by mankind, thus far, & so easily bent to destruction by humans any time real soon - or ever in the existence of humankind. She'll still be here & turning - even if we nuked ourselves from her surface. She's been through far worse than anything that mankind has ever collectively done to her, thus far - this all on her own.

In fact, most that don't buy the GW myth are actually just as ecologically minded as those that ignorantly do buy into the semantical hype of 'Global Warming' as a means to 'Save the Planet'. This, just because living in a clean environment makes sense. Not because they believe we're actually killing Mother Nature herself - a massive underestimation of her, I'd add - but because it is desirable & a good thing to do anyway.

Sorry Admiral, but it looks like I will have to add "Strawman" to my list of over used terms such as "troll" "lefty" and other such labels people have sufficiently over abused.

Anyone that can defiantly say humanity has not had any meaningful impact on this planet, doesn't give a damn about the planet, and isn't going to be allowed to claim they care for the planet. I don't do "have my cake and eat it too" positions.

"nobody here is sayin that cleaning up the air, the water, using less energy, developing cleaner power source, replenishing forests as they are used, etc, etc, etc... is not a good & desirable thing."

To that I say bovine excrement.

Just how were you expecting to end up with cleaner air?
                            Just what were your plans to arrive at cleaner water?
                            Exactly what were you going to do in using less power?
                            What are YOUR cleaner power source plans?
                            When was the last time you planted a tree just for the sake of having it?

In short, are you really just saying it, to get credit for having mouthed the words, or, can you back em up?

That's what bothers me about psuedo environmentalists, they like the label, will wear the t-shirt, but, they won't pay for it.
                            Life is change. Built models for decades.
                            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries
                              Just how were you expecting to end up with cleaner air?
                              Vote for people who will push for expanded use of natural gas, clean coal technology and nuclear power...AKA Republicans.
                              Just what were your plans to arrive at cleaner water?
                              Vote for people who will push for expanded use of natural gas, clean coal technology, nuclear power and build more dams...AKA Republicans.
                              Exactly what were you going to do in using less power?
                              Nothing...Energy consumption isn't the problem...Energy production and distribution are the problems.
                              What are YOUR cleaner power source plans?
                              I plan to vote for more people who will push for expanded use of natural gas, clean coal technology and nuclear power...AKA Republicans. Personally, I plan to keep finding as much oil and natural gas as I can in the Gulf of Mexico as I possibly can.
                              When was the last time you planted a tree just for the sake of having it?
                              Just be careful which types of trees you plant and where you plant them...
                              Scientists in Germany have discovered that ordinary plants produce significant amounts of methane, a powerful greenhouse gas which helps trap the sun's energy in the atmosphere.

The findings, reported in the journal Nature, have been described as "startling", and may force a rethink of the role played by forests in holding back the pace of global warming.

And the BBC News Website has learned that the research, based on observations in the laboratory, appears to be corroborated by unpublished observations of methane levels in the Brazilian Amazon...

To their amazement, the scientists found that all the textbooks written on the biochemistry of plants had apparently overlooked the fact that methane is produced by a range of plants even when there is plenty of oxygen.

The amount of the gas produced increased when the air was warmer, and when there was more sunlight. The paper estimates that this unexplained phenomenon could account for 10-30% of the world's methane emissions...

If this turned out to be true, it would have major implications for the rules of the Kyoto Protocol on climate change, which allows countries and companies to offset emissions from the burning of fossil fuels like coal and oil by funding the planting of new forests or the restoration of deforested areas...

The BBC News website has learned that a study soon to be published in another scientific journal reports high levels of methane in measurements taken in the Brazilian Amazon, an observation that contradicts conventional explanations for how the gas is produced...

Dr Keller said: "We know that when deforestation takes place we liberate large quantities of carbon dioxide, and indeed methane, into the atmosphere. We may be replacing that forest with vegetation which produces more methane.

"Until we know how this process works it is really unwise to come to any conclusions."

It is tempting to conclude from this new study that in some way we have been conned into thinking that trees were great for the planet when it turns out they might be helping to cause global warming.

In fact, of course, trees are neither good nor bad. They are just there, and if they are producing methane now they always have been in natural conditions.

The study highlights, however, the extreme complexity of the relationship between the biological processes of the Earth and the chemistry of our atmosphere - and how much there is yet to discover.

SOURCE
                              Points of Interest...
                              "Until we know how this process works it is really unwise to come to any conclusions."

"Trees are neither good nor bad. They are just there, and if they are producing methane now they always have been in natural conditions."

"All the textbooks written on the biochemistry of plants had apparently overlooked the fact that methane is produced by a range of plants even when there is plenty of oxygen."

"We have been conned into thinking that trees were great for the planet when it turns out they might be helping to cause global warming."

Yet the enviroterrorists and greenhadists of the Gorthodox Church of Enviro-Marxism insist that "the science is settled"...and that dissenting scientists should be fired, lose their professional credentials, face McCarthy-esque Congressional hearings, tobacco-style law-suits or even be subjected to Nuremberg-style war-crimes trials.

I did plant a bunch of trees back in the early 1990's...One Bald Cyprus, one Bradford Pear, one Live Oak and two Red Oaks. They've all grown from little saplings to big trees...Guess what happened while they were growing? The EARTH WARMED......MY TREES CAUSED GLOBAL WARMING!
                              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X