Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Father is Running For President.....Do You Vote For Him?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Father is Running For President.....Do You Vote For Him?????

Ok, this was the basis of an interesting topic on a radio show here in Dallas tonight.

Rudy Guilliani has 2 children from a previous marriage.

A 17 year old Daughter & a 21 year old son, both of who do not get along with their father.

Rudy's Daughter is a supporter of Obama.

That being said, if YOUR Parents were running for President of The United States, would you vote for them.

For those of you who do not live in The States, just replace that person with someone of equal stature in your government.

Be honest now.

As for mine?

My Mother has led a very sheltered life & I would most definitely have to say no, even though I do love her very much.

As for My Father, while I do love him equally as much as I love my Mother, and I do know that they both have been great parents, and even though he is a Deacon in The Church, has been The Song Leader, and Teaches a Sunday School Class & he served for 20 years in The United States Air Force & another 20 in The United States Post Office.

Pops is a Follower, not a Leader.

I would have to say No, I would not vote for My Father if he were running for The Presidency.

Does that make me a bad child?

Let me see...my old man...

His politics? Background?

US Navy: 1960-1993

Retired as: Commander

Supports Death Penalty

Believes in the 2nd Ammendment...and not in the way the hippies try to reinterpret it...

Supports Law Enforcement

Thinks Affirmative Action is a joke

THinks Equal Opportunity Employment is a joke

Pro-choice

Pro-Assisted Suicide

Pro-bombing the living crap out of our enemies.

Thinks terrorists should be excommunicated by American Muslim Clerics and hanged.

Thinks that gang-bangers should be given the chair, not record contracts.

Yeah...I'd vote for him.
    "Yellowstain!"

Comment

Only if Dad went into the voting booth with me...! He hasn't been the same after his last stroke.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        Only if Dad went into the voting booth with me...! He hasn't been the same after his last stroke.

Pruitt
        Sorry to read that mate, I can only send my prays and wish you guys the best.
        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
        Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
        Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah, I'd vote for my dad. We agree on most political issues. My only concern is that he might be a tad too thoughtful when action was required. Mom is a big old NO! She is reactionary and has a legendary temper. Her finger would be on the button before we knew if they were enemies or not. The upside: Nobody messes with momma twice!

Comment

My dad passed most of his time around bars and with a booze on his hand. The only significant achievements he had was when he play and latter coached football. Just a cople of months he totally quit on drinking and he became a much better person in general. I've always loved my father and he's a great friend. If he wanted to be president of anything I would vote for him every time. He's a great man and very wise, although he only had 4 years of schooll.
            If my mom, to whom I'll be for ever gratefull for raising me up and allowing me to finish High Schooll ran for anything political she wouldn't get my vote. It's not in here to be a leader of any kind. Sorry mom.
            All warfare is based on deception.
            Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Of course I'd vote for my dad! I mean, come on now... I know he's not going to win, but at least give the old boy something to feel good about!

Besides, what if I didn't, and then he lost by just one vote? <o_O>
              "I am not an atomic playboy."
              Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Under the constitution of the United States my parents are not allowed to run for president, so I have a nice diplomatic "out" on this question

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
                  Under the constitution of the United States my parents are not allowed to run for president, so I have a nice diplomatic "out" on this question
                  Not so fast! Lookie:

Originally posted by Duke William View Post
                  For those of you who do not live in The States, just replace that person with someone of equal stature in your government.
                  "I am not an atomic playboy."
                  Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
                    Not so fast! Lookie:
                    Ah Yes, but if you read the rules carefully it says "for those who don't live in the US".

We are transplants. I do live in the US

Comment

You mean when my father was still alive, right? Although maybe even a dead president would be an improvement.

On one hand, I guess if my dad had run for president, I'd probably have voted for him just for the hell of it.

But do I think he'd have made a good president? Nah. Like many people, he'd have liked to change the world to suit himself. But he didn't have the political savvy to survive in Washington DC. He was more a fighter than a talker. I'm guessing politicians and lobbyists would've played him like a fiddle, the way they did Grant back in his day.

And if my dad did get a chance to change the world to suit himself, it wouldn't suit me or many other people. For one thing, he was a bigot and would bring back segregation. He was also a rigid believer in law and order, and he'd clamp down on society almost as strongly as Hitler did (in fact, my dad admired certain things about Hitler -- especially the way he kept the German people in line and "with the program"). And since he advocated bombing North Vietnam off the map, or anything to assure a U.S. victory, he'd probably order nukes into Iraq and any other troublesome spot.

Yeah, it sure would be somethin' if my dad were president.
                      --Patrick Carroll

"Do all you have agreed to do, and do not encroach on other persons or their property." (Richard Maybury)

Comment

To take this into theoretical, because my own actual dad was never an option. I would not vote for my own parent, and I'll tell you why.

Easy, I wouldn't want to be the child of a nation's leader.

I wouldn't want the secret service type dudes crawling around day and night. I wouldn't want news types snooping around my every move. I wouldn't want people interested in me just because a parent was a nation's leader.

Selfish I guess, but, yeah, I have zero desire to ever have any connection with anyone's tabloids anywhere ever. I've seen the **** that gets printed about famous people already, sorry, I'll pass on that.
                        Life is change. Built models for decades.
                        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Ah Yes, but if you read the rules carefully it says "for those who don't live in the US".

We are transplants. I do live in the US
                          So answer the question as if you haven't transplanted yourself yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke William View Post
                            So answer the question as if you haven't transplanted yourself yet.
                            Ah, but you see, therin lies another problem. The country from which we were uprooted does not allow Free Elections.

Comment

Ah, but you see, therin lies another problem. The country from which we were uprooted does not allow Free Elections.
                              Just for the sake of argument, if the country you came from did allow Free Elections & you were able to vote in those Elections, just as you are allowed to vote in the Elections here, would you vote for either one of your Parents if they were running for the office in your original countries government that pertains to being the Leader of that Country?

Yes & or No & why?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X