Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B00M!!! 756 Flies Over the Rt Centerfield Wall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B00M!!! 756 Flies Over the Rt Centerfield Wall!

Barry's the man! Long Live the Greatest Homerun Hitter of ALL time!!!

8:55pm on 7 August, 2007 against the Washington Nationals. %#$& the asterisk, Barry's amazing!

Hank Aaron made a congratulatory video that was outstanding...he's the epitome of class.
    Last edited by CPangracs; 07 Aug 07, 22:57.

And remember kids, you too can break records with Barry's New "Homerun Juice in a Can."
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
      And remember kids, you too can break records with Barry's New "Homerun Juice in a Can."
      Get over it...nobody likes a hater.

If it was that easy, then why can't anyone do it?

That's what I thought. Why don't you and Mitch Albom go have a private party together?

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
        Barry's the man! Long Live the Greatest Homerun Hitter of ALL time!!!

8:55pm on 7 August, 2007 against the Washington Nationals. %#$& the asterisk, Barry's amazing!

Hank Aaron made a congratulatory video that was outstanding...he's the epitome of class.
        Yeah, I'm glad Hank made that video. I was hoping he wouldn't crap on Barry like Selig is doing.
        Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

I'm kinda disappointed because Hank Aaron started and ended his career in Milwaukee, which is close to where I live. I have been a Brewer fan all of my life, if it does turn out that Bonds positively used steriods his new accomplishment should be taken away from him.
          "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
            I'm kinda disappointed because Hank Aaron started and ended his career in Milwaukee, which is close to where I live. I have been a Brewer fan all of my life, if it does turn out that Bonds positively used steriods his new accomplishment should be taken away from him.
            Well, I understand what your saying, but you can't take his accomplisment way. He has hit 756 hrs. Is it equal to Hank's 755? Not even close. Same goes for McGuire single season record. Did he hit them? Yes. Were they the equal of the Babe's of Roger Maris records? Not to me.

HP
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
              Actually Overseer, in was in a tube. Remember, the cream? But of course he didn't know.

TAINTED RECORD!!!
              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by revans View Post
                Actually Overseer, in was in a tube. Remember, the cream? But of course he didn't know.

TAINTED RECORD!!!
                Like Lance Armstrong's? How about Tiger Woods? Just because he's never been tested for performance-enhancement drugs doesn't mean he's not been doing something illegal...and even if he's doing something legal, doesn't mean the haters won't MAKE it illegal in the future. Steroids were (are) rampant in MLB clubhouses because it is also A VALID FORM OF TREATMENT FOR MUSCULAR INJURY RECOVERY! Chew on that for a while.

You can scream tainted all you want, it doesn't make it so. Do you think YOU could do what he did, steroids or not? If not, then I'd have to say you don't have a leg to stand on, because it's only cheating if anyone else can use the same thing and perform at the same level (and, if you think Ken Griffey JR and A-Rod aren't doing dodgy things themselves, I recommend you take a look at pictures from their rookie years and today. ).

Comment

Like Lance Armstrong's? How about Tiger Woods? Just because he's never been tested for performance-enhancement drugs doesn't mean he's not been doing something illegal...and even if he's doing something legal, doesn't mean the haters won't MAKE it illegal in the future. Steroids were (are) rampant in MLB clubhouses because it is also A VALID FORM OF TREATMENT FOR MUSCULAR INJURY RECOVERY! Chew on that for a while.

You can scream tainted all you want, it doesn't make it so. Do you think YOU could do what he did, steroids or not? If not, then I'd have to say you don't have a leg to stand on, because it's only cheating if anyone else can use the same thing and perform at the same level (and, if you think Ken Griffey JR and A-Rod aren't doing dodgy things themselves, I recommend you take a look at pictures from their rookie years and today. ).
                  I can't believe that as a coach you would say that what is going on in baseball is okay. Did I not read in a thread about you coaching a girls softball team? Did you have them shoot up? Did they get "cream" to rub on their tired muscles? As for Barroid, if it's an okay treatment prescribed by doctors and taken every day, why did he say he didn't know he was taking them? Because he knew what he was doing was wrong, that's why!

ASTERISK!!*
                  Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Like Lance Armstrong's? How about Tiger Woods? Just because he's never been tested for performance-enhancement drugs doesn't mean he's not been doing something illegal...and even if he's doing something legal, doesn't mean the haters won't MAKE it illegal in the future.

Steroids were (are) rampant in MLB clubhouses because it is also A VALID FORM OF TREATMENT FOR MUSCULAR INJURY RECOVERY! Chew on that for a while.
                    And yet the MLB started testing players for steroids in 2002 (I don't know when they were banned) and BALCO occurred in 2003 - and the steroids in question weren't even known to authorities until an anonymous tip-off occurred! To suggest Bonds - if he took it - is an innocent victim is absurd.

This is actually the stupidest argument I have ever seen. Yeah, Bond has talent - absolutely no doubt, how can anyone playing at that level not? Yet you're suggesting he is 'the man' and 'the greatest homerun hitter of all time' - when he almost certainly achieved his milestone by cheating!
                    Colonel Summers' widely quoted critique of US strategy in the Vietnam War is having a modest vogue...it is poor history, poor strategy, and poor Clausewitz to boot - Robet Komer, Survival, 27:2, p. 94.

Comment

Originally posted by revans View Post
                      I can't believe that as a coach you would say that what is going on in baseball is okay. Did I not read in a thread about you coaching a girls softball team? Did you have them shoot up? Did they get "cream" to rub on their tired muscles? As for Barroid, if it's an okay treatment prescribed by doctors and taken every day, why did he say he didn't know he was taking them? Because he knew what he was doing was wrong, that's why!

ASTERISK!!*
                      No, I coach 11yo boys USSSA baseball, and no, I don't advocate the use of steroids...HOWEVER, neither I nor anyone else is in any kind of position to keep an adult from doing what he or she wants to their body.

Barry Bonds is in a competitive sport...to him, it is a business, and he's done quite well, thanks. In addition, he's NEVER tested positive for illegal substances...soooo, get off your soapbox and get back to reality, mmkay?!

Comment

No, I coach 11yo boys USSSA baseball, and no, I don't advocate the use of steroids...HOWEVER, neither I nor anyone else is in any kind of position to keep an adult from doing what he or she wants to their body.

Barry Bonds is in a competitive sport...to him, it is a business, and he's done quite well, thanks. In addition, he's NEVER tested positive for illegal substances...soooo, get off your soapbox and get back to reality, mmkay?!
                        Cool, legalize narcotics, assisted suicide etc.... I'm glad you're on board with various groups supporting these...
                        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        And why the sea is boiling hot—
                        And whether pigs have wings.”
                        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by thejester View Post
                          And yet the MLB started testing players for steroids in 2002 (I don't know when they were banned) and BALCO occurred in 2003 - and the steroids in question weren't even known to authorities until an anonymous tip-off occurred! To suggest Bonds - if he took it - is an innocent victim is absurd.

This is actually the stupidest argument I have ever seen. Yeah, Bond has talent - absolutely no doubt, how can anyone playing at that level not? Yet you're suggesting he is 'the man' and 'the greatest homerun hitter of all time' - when he almost certainly achieved his milestone by cheating!
                          So, do we take away any "milestone" from anyone SUSPECTED of cheating, but never proved? Then Lance Armstrong gets stripped of HIS title(s) as well. Same with Roger Clemens.

We should go back and take away all of the titles ever won in bodybuilding by someone who took steroids!

Nobody took those swings for Barry Bonds. Even if he DID take steroids, they do NOT help with fast-twitch muscle fiber, which is the type of muscle needed for bat speed and hand-eye coordination. If anything, steroids has helped Barry Bonds CONTINUE his career, possibly to the detriment of his body.

Why isn't anyone screaming for Mark McGwire's head on a platter and an asterisk for HIS accomplishments? I'll tell you why...it's because he sucked-up to the sporting press, THAT'S why.

Barry Bonds is a great guy in person according to the few people I know who've spent any time with him. He also has a good relationship with most of the players, BUT, just like with any person, he doesn't get along with EVERYBODY...but of course, he's Barry Bonds, the guy who doesn't like the press...so all of the negative crap gets published and none of the positive stuff.

Barry's gotten a bad rap since the BALCO thing, and yet, they couldn't find evidence of his using from day one, and he claimed that, if he WAS using it, he didn't know about it, but he STILL TESTED NEGATIVE AND HAS CONTINUED TO DO SO!

So, pray tell, haw in the world has he hit so many homeruns over the last FOUR YEARS WITHOUT STEROIDS?

Well, an intelligent person would answer "Because he doesn't use them, and is absolutely the best homerun hitter of all time".

Unfortunately, just like the entire US population, 80-90% of the sports fan population are idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Combatengineer View Post
                            Cool, legalize narcotics, assisted suicide etc.... I'm glad you're on board with various groups supporting these...
                            Nice...you are totally aware that's not what I meant, and yet you couldn't help yourself.

Tell you what...why don't YOU go try and MAKE an adult stop abusing themselves with illegal substances...or even legal ones (tobacco/caffeine)? Because you can't and THAT'S what I meant.

So, can you refute anything said about Barry Bonds with facts, or are you just trolling for a public fight?
                            Last edited by CPangracs; 08 Aug 07, 10:13.

Comment

Nice...you are totally aware that's not what I meant, and yet you couldn't help yourself.

Tell you what...why don't YOU go try and MAKE an adult stop abusing themselves with illegal substances...or even legal ones (tobacco/caffeine)? Because you can't and THAT'S what I meant.

So, can you refute anything said about Barry Bonds with facts, or are you just trolling for a public fight?
                              I really don't care a darn about Barry..... just couldn't resist.....
                              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                              “To talk of many things:
                              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                              Of cabbages—and kings—
                              And why the sea is boiling hot—
                              And whether pigs have wings.”
                              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X