Low Jacking Cell Phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Jacking Cell Phones

I've just seen this commercial about a cell phone that a parent can basicly low jack there kids cell phones. This is an outrage for it's viotlin of personl pricvicy. Who here agrees with me?
    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
    "

As long as a kid is under a parent's roof, eating their food, etc, they better expect to be supervised.

Friend of mine has a 20 year old big sissy 200lb son.
    Layabout with no intention of growing up. I asked if he didn't want to get out and sek his fortune and see the world.
    Looked at me like I was a martian.
    I mentioned the military and he ran and hid.
    Unfortunately, he is as he was raised.

Comment

do you think the patriot act is right?
      "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
      "

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
        I've just seen this commercial about a cell phone that a parent can basicly low jack there kids cell phones. This is an outrage for it's viotlin of personl pricvicy. Who here agrees with me?
        Sorry, but as long as my kids live under my roof and my protection, I have every right in the world to know where they are, what they are doing, and who they are doing it with.

If I didn't act like this, I should be arrested for child neglect and/or abuse.

BTW, I also get all over my kids for poor spelling and grammar.

Comment

do you think the patriot act is right?
          What does the Patriot Act have to do with good parenting?

If your parents did get a low jack for your cell, good for them.

If they get you spell check, Hooray!!!
          ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
          ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

I've just seen this commercial about a cell phone that a parent can basicly low jack there kids cell phones. This is an outrage for it's [violation of personal privacy].
            Nah. It only feels that way to someone who would be subjected to it.

As others have mentioned, parents are responsible for making sure their kids are safe and that they conduct themselves in a way that does not put others at risk. Not every parent is as dilligent with this task as others, but in general it makes good sense to use technology as much as we are able.

Another thing... in 99 cases out of 100, who do you think is paying the bill for said cell phone?
            "I am not an atomic playboy."
            Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

well the govement says that under thier roof its thier rules
              "

Comment

well the govement says that under thier roof its thier rules
                When I was going up house rules reigned supreme.

It does not matter what the Government says. Under their roof, under their rules.

And Ace, PM me and I will guide you through downloading a free Google toolbar with spell check. Not a shot, a serious offer.
                ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

I think if the parents of the Columbine boys would have checked a little better on what their little sons were up to, they may have stopped what happened. (Had they been concerned parents that is.....I don't know what kind of parents they may have been, but they failed in one aspect!)And my hats off to any parent who keeps tabs on their kids. It's a dangerous world out there in more than one way. From Online predators to Kids going nuts and shooting up schools......the better we watch our kids the less chance we have of that happening.

Under my roof...my rules.....and a Lawyer once told me minors have NO RIGHTS in the justice system. You are your parents responsibility and you have no real "Privacy" as long as you are. I know it sounds strict, but funny, thats the world I grew up in. I grew up in a time when kids were meant to be seen and not heard....and an ass whupping in public was not uncommon if you deviated from said rules! We never had School shootings or any bullcrap like that...rules were followed or consequences were dealt out..ie Spanking at school...involvement of parents, and /or law enforcement. We never whined about it....it was the way it was.....and if we did go against the system.....we got what was coming to us.
                  And I didn't become a child abuser, or child beater. I instilled discipline in my children with out sending them to school looking like they just fought 10 rounds with Ali! And they are better people for it.... Think of it as tough Love......if your parents were to care enough to know what your business is, they must really care about you and your future!
                  Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
                  In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
                  Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Looks like you better hope they're not "low-jacking" your ACG posts. It could give them all sorts of good ideas.
                    My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Why does individual freedom have to come with a starting age? Women and blacks have gotten the right to vote why people not under 18, say 15? (no sexist or racist backing for this just examples)
                      Last edited by ace; 24 Aug 07, 11:55.
                      "

Comment

Why does individual freedom have to come with a starting age?
                        You're right -- it should come with maturity. However, there's no good way to measure maturity, so a person's age is used instead (it is assumed that you have attained a certain level of maturity by a certain age; naturally, there are exceptions). The law defines at which age a person goes from being a "minor" to being an "adult"... and in many cases will hold a minor's parents responsible for their conduct if under that age.

Women and blacks have gotten the right to vote why [not] people under 18, say 15?
                        (Fixed.)

Wow. Brace yourself....
                        "I am not an atomic playboy."
                        Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

My kid doesn't have the right to privacy until he moves out of my house.

15 year olds voting? My wife teaches sophomores, and many can't spell their own names correctly. Teenagers have no business voting. Hell, many 18 - 20 year olds shouldn't be voting, but legally they can. People should be able to demonstrate a basic knowledge of American civics in order to vote. That or only people who paid income taxes to the federal government should be able to vote. Those on welfare or who had all of their witholding returned to them shouldn't be able to vote. If you want a say, you gotta pay a portion of the bills.

I wonder how many people are going to jump my case for this one...

BTW, I meant every word of it.
                          1. Even if you could make something idiot proof they would just go out and build a better idiot.
                          2. The road to hell is paved by a hard working asphalt crew of meddlesome legislators.

Comment

You were doing pretty good til you started restricting the vote.

I did my service, got an education while working full time, and managed to end up with a retirement.

I made my own way, but was also fortunate in many instances which enabled some of my choices. I had to drop out of grad shool but them's the breaks.

I would not limit the rights of citizenship to those less fortunate.
                            We are fast becoming a class society in America and I don't like it. Too many elitists who think they alone know what's best.

There is the concept of the "tyranny of the majority," but I fear elitests far more.

A college education is nearly out of reach for the average person today.

Few welfare recipients are actually abusing or scamming the system. More and more willing workers are being put out every day.

I do say round up the illeglals and get rid of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung-si View Post
                              You were doing pretty good til you started restricting the vote.
                              I did my service, got an education while working full time, and managed to end up with a retirement.

I made my own way, but was also fortunate in many instances which enabled some of my choices. I had to drop out of grad shool but them's the breaks.

I would not limit the rights of citizenship to those less fortunate.
                              We are fast becoming a class society in America and I don't like it. Too many elitists who think they alone know what's best.

There is the concept of the "tyranny of the majority," but I fear elitests far more.

A college education is nearly out of reach for the average person today.

Few welfare recipients are actually abusing or scamming the system. More and more willing workers are being put out every day.

I do say round up the illeglals and get rid of them.
                              Heh. That's about where I started, so it looks like I was never doing very well.

BTW, a college education is more attainable than you allude to. Between getting the prereqs done at junior college, student loans (yeah, loans suck), and all the other forms of financial aid, it most certainly is attainable for the majority. That said, college is not for everyone.
                              1. Even if you could make something idiot proof they would just go out and build a better idiot.
                              2. The road to hell is paved by a hard working asphalt crew of meddlesome legislators.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X